Deleted

Help me pick the right GFX!

I'm soon about to build a new PC.

It's gonna be with an i5 2500k, a sweet ASUS P8P67 Deluxe etc etc

I'm gonna be running Eyefinity/suround gaming (no 3d) @ Landscape mode. I got 3x BenQ 21,5 inch monitors already with only DVI and VGA.

I need help picking the right GFX for the computer. At the moment I'm leaning towards a Geforce GTX 590 because I won't need to get any adapters thanks to the 3 DVI ports.
    I could also pick the Radeon HD 6990, but then I need to buy two additional active miniDP to DVI adapters brining me up / over the price (but pretty much exactly the same) as a Geforce GTX 590!

Been asking for help on some danish hardware forums but 99% of it is people just talking OT or trash talking about how overkill and retarded getting those GFX are.

Thing is: I get screen tearing with any regular Radeon HD 6xxx card because of the mixed DP and DVI outputs - which means I need to get the monitors all connected through the same ports! = 3 miniDP, DP or DVI.

This means I can either go with a ASUS EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 (2 GB) because its a special model with 4 mini DP.
    Thing is it costs me 2700 DKK and I need to use ~800 DKK on adapters brining me to 3500 DKK! This is supposed to be the strong but not overkill yet good solution.
    However it feels pretty damn fail I get to 3500 DKK for just that card when I can spend only 1000-1500 DKK more, and get the new best shit out there instead! That's a small % extra to pay for the big % boost IMO compared to how it usually is when deciding wether to pick the newest thing out there compared to the best "bang for the buck" Hardware.

So any of you pro MMO people in here that can come with some good advice / suggestions as to what to pick?

As I said, currently I'm closest to picking the GTX 590 since I'm hearing good stuff about temperatures and noise level of the card.

Oh and sorry for posting the prices in DKK, thought it was fine anyways since its afterall just numbers to compare with
    - Reptyl
    Last edited by mmoc3c807d7cd4; 2011-04-01 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reptylen View Post
    Thing is: I get screen tearing with any regular Radeon HD 6xxx card because of the mixed DP and DVI outputs - which means I need to get the monitors all connected through the same ports! = 3 miniDP, DP or DVI.
    You sure you can't just activate VSync? ;o
    And there are GPUs that provide the adapters straight out of the box. I can't say I can name one completely offhand, though.

Deleted
    You honestly think I haven't tried something that stupidly simple to fix such a problem now that I'm looking for another GFX? :P

Short: I've tried everything I can possibly do to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by reptylen View Post
    You honestly think I haven't tried something that stupidly simple to fix such a problem now that I'm looking for another GFX? :P

Short: I've tried everything I can possibly do to fix it.
    You'd be surprised, with the quality-of-mind of the other Danes I know. (although, most of them are from Greenland originally)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    You'd be surprised, with the quality-of-mind of the other Danes I know. (although, most of them are from Greenland originally)..
    Hahaha

Well I'm a bit of a newb still when it comes to hardware, but it is just unfixable. Some say though It can be fixed with some better powered adapter, but hell no I'm giving 1000 DKK for that. And it's completely Bullsh*t when they include the non powered dongles/ sell them telling it works flawlessly then and still calling em active..

Simple way to solve it all would be to have a GFX with 3 of the same port, og 3 display port adapters. But they are fucking expensive and hell no I'm getting rid of 3 monitors now aswel. They were of the cheap kind, but I really like em already

Deleted
    Out of those two cards I'd pick the gtx 590 simply because it doesn't sound like a jet engine with afterburners activated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timelord View Post
    Out of those two cards I'd pick the gtx 590 simply because it doesn't sound like a jet engine with afterburners activated.
    Kind of what I'm thinking aswel - however the radeon 6990 seem to be performing a liiitle bit better - and its about 4400 DKK and the GTX 590 is currently 5000 DKK :\