Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    I'll enjoy you eating your words.
    And then I went on to say that the remix wasn't bad and that how awesome old gaga was.

Persuasion 101: Express your opinion, but always bring up some other minor detail in opposition to your argument so that you don't appear biased or ignorant.

*My main argument: I don't like new gaga
    *My first counterpoint: I can't know for sure whether this IS new gaga, or if this is just her image for a song
    *My second kindofsortof counterpoint: Old gaga was incredible

That aint trolling. "I pity anyone who calls this piece of shit music." -trolling.

hmm i hadnt realized, but gaga is actually hot. if you ignore her face. but this song was not good at all, her own songs are way better, and they arent particulary good to start with..

Deleted
    Some people like oranges.
    Some people like apples.

Please, let the discussion of music taste die out here before this flame war ends in a locked thread and 10 banned accounts.

Deleted
    What is this?? Whats wrong with todays people....

I may get a warning for this, but here goes:

Unless you, yourself, are a successful pop artist who has sold records that skyrocketted above the competition at the age of 23-24, stop trying to bash on Lady Gaga.

Whether you like her music or not should be irrelevant to your opinion of her talent. Read up on her bio - she wasn't just handed a recording contract and keys to millions of dollars.

Even The Name That Shall Not Be Spoken, sure, he's a punk, teenage brat - but what the hell were you doing when you were seventeen?

I was sitting at my parents' house, playing vidya and generally being a lump. Still, I'm not jealous (though perhaps a bit envious) of these peoples' successes. It's a shame that people think just because they don't like a particular artist that it invalidates the artist's entire purpose. I don't like the Beatles, but I'm not about to stand infront of a group and demand that they recognize that John Lennon is in fact an over-hyped piece of Eurotrash, hippie, anti-war propaganda. Oh, wait.

Also, Lady Gaga looks fine. Girls don't actually all look the same. Scientific fact.

You'd think you guys have never seen Christina Aguilera without her makeup. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    lol i bet the people calling madonna the worst artist ever havent hit puberty yet
    Ive hit puberty, she fails. She should have given up years ago, instead of trying to dress and act sexy. Her songs suck (Her newer ones, admitedly her older ones are pretty good)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    So many trolls.

Bingo. But this is MMO-Champ after all. All the nerds here worship the altar of generic metal and techno and all of its ripoff genres.
    Hang on a sec.
    We post an opinion that isn't yours, and we're trolls? (Expect for the infracted dude) You need to look up the definition of troll.
    Just because we don't like the same music as you, and hate the idea of a collaboration between two artists we don't like ...
    Imagine if I posted a mash up of Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black for example. Actually that gives me an idea...

So yeah still a sound NO from me at least.
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2011-04-02 at 08:21 PM.

Just no. Lady Gaga needs to go away, she will never be like Madonna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zael View Post
    I may get a warning for this, but here goes:

Unless you, yourself, are a successful pop artist who has sold records that skyrocketted above the competition at the age of 23-24, stop trying to bash on Lady Gaga.

Whether you like her music or not should be irrelevant to your opinion of her talent. Read up on her bio - she wasn't just handed a recording contract and keys to millions of dollars.

Even The Name That Shall Not Be Spoken, sure, he's a punk, teenage brat - but what the hell were you doing when you were seventeen?

I was sitting at my parents' house, playing vidya and generally being a lump. Still, I'm not jealous (though perhaps a bit envious) of these peoples' successes. It's a shame that people think just because they don't like a particular artist that it invalidates the artist's entire purpose. I don't like the Beatles, but I'm not about to stand infront of a group and demand that they recognize that John Lennon is in fact an over-hyped piece of Eurotrash, hippie, anti-war propaganda. Oh, wait.

Also, Lady Gaga looks fine. Girls don't actually all look the same. Scientific fact.

You'd think you guys have never seen Christina Aguilera without her makeup. Jesus.
    A voice of reason, at long last.

Zionist, the both of them. Nothing but Devil worshipers at it's best but hey! if you don't believe me that's up to you
    Hi

To many butt hurt internet loathing, basement dwelling, hot pocket stuffing fools in this thread.
    Madonna?!? Lady Gaga???!?
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Regardless, I liked it.

Deleted
    Its not bad, though Gaga's got a nice voice and Madge has been reinventing herself since 85(ish) many here were'nt born when her first singles came out.
    It just saddens me that they feel they have to prance around with piss all clothes on to sell records.
    If we could bring back 80s acts, lets have Mantronix and Grandmaster Melle Mel, oh n shakin stevens : D
    Gaga wouldnt be Gaga if Madge hadnt done it first, oh and alice cooper, and gwar and rammstein and revco, and just about any other 'shock' act.
    Sorry im an old fart n im a bit meh : )
    /goes off to listen to Ayreon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    So many trolls.

Bingo. But this is MMO-Champ after all. All the nerds here worship the altar of generic metal and techno and all of its ripoff genres.
    So, you make a topic, expressing your opinion, and call people trolls who disagree with your opinion.

Then you call people nerds, and they're the ones trolling? Can I borrow your logic cube?

OT: I've got to agree with the "trolls", this is just terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    So, you make a topic, expressing your opinion, and call people trolls who disagree with your opinion.

Then you call people nerds, and they're the ones trolling? Can I borrow your logic cube?

OT: I've got to agree with the "trolls", this is just terrible.
    Oh, I think I love you. Truer words have (almost) never been spoken.

I dislike Madonna and hate Lady Gaga, and mixing them together doesn't do anything constructive for me. Sure, others may like it, but calling us trolls for disagreeing with you - grow up.

And no, I'm not one of those guys that listen to rap, or techno for that matter. I'm into punk rock - namely Rise Against, and some metal, Disturbed. Everyone has their right to express their opinion, don't bash on others just because they don't agree with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zael View Post

Very just of you to think this way but I don't see what you're getting at, OP was basically asking for opinions and whether the artist has sold millions of records or has talent or not shouldn't affect what people are 'allowed' to say

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Sorry but no. There is huge difference between musicians with talent and musicians who only sell good, are popular cause of all the visuals. While gender of music is nothing to be discussed, as it's preference of our choice, the actual talent of the musicians is thing to talk about.
    With that said I'd like to point out this is the closest to a GaGa music video I've seen, not that I really enjoyed it, and TBPH I don't mind listening to it when it plays on the radio. It's a refreshing change of pace and derivation from my usual musical tastes. which kind of makes your argument invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    they just need to collab already. Like, Madonna and britney did it....GaGa has earned it.
    I dunno if Madonna would want to sing with someone who's ripping her off.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was ok but still prefer lady gaga by her self

Madtv do madonna and britney is the best :P

Quote Originally Posted by reathe View Post
    With that said I'd like to point out this is the closest to a GaGa music video I've seen, not that I really enjoyed it, and TBPH I don't mind listening to it when it plays on the radio. It's a refreshing change of pace and derivation from my usual musical tastes. which kind of makes your argument invalid.
    I didn't really ment that Gaga and Madonna have no talent (they do have it), as I from time to time like to listen to their songs. Was more commenting about this particular song remix which was just bad. Just with amount of crap music these days I feel really sad there are just few mainstream songs that are actually something refreshing to listen.

Basically when I hear a new Gaga song I think it's Madonna anyway unless I see the video. Oh but wait "Gaga sold millions of records so she must be doing something right blah blah"...no, what she did is get herself marketed correctly to the brainless masses who jump all over whatever is force fed down their throats.