Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceInc View Post
    i think its pretty cute that you went out of your way to make this useless post. And since we already established what a meme "actually is" about 10 times i suggest you trololol somewhere else because some of the images posted in here are are already considered a meme, but i guess internet is srs busznez.
    hehe poor guy, its serious business when you take something this petty seriously. Buts its kay, your forever alone aint cha?

EDIT: my bad didnt know you were trolling this thread LOL
    Last edited by Cypress; 2011-04-03 at 09:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JSeilaS View Post
    Lol'd.

This won't develop very far past the MMO-C forums as a meme tbh. He's got no ingame references or mentions either. It'll end like a less well known ''Merely a setback'' in-joke at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Aww, Ragnaros looks so cute in that picture. We need a new interface option to put Crabby's eyes on every NPC!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    oh my, that's amazing

You. Don't. Force. Memes. Newfags.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deevicoos View Post
    A meme is a bit of social information passed on from person to person. Photoshopping captions does not make something "a meme". It in itself is a meme. Of course merely by attempting to make everyone do it, the OP has made crabby into a meme, well done. Please note that Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black and Crazy Frog were and are memes (I could have gone with far worse but I thought I'd stick to annoying rather than horrific things).If you want to make a popular and/or funny internet style meme, don't force it, the only way to make them is to go "Oh I have a funny idea for ..." make it and then notice "oh suddenly everyone's making jokes based on this" then you've made a meme and it might even be amusing. Notice how it was never intended to make a meme for meme's sakes, instead it was just that you saw some genuine potential for amusement and it became a large scale meme because it was funny, rather than you thought it'd make a good meme but couldn't think of anything amusing. Surely the fact you couldn't think of anything amusing *first* should have clued you in to the lack of potential and inevitable failure and resentment. Crabby already was a meme because it was a piece of information we were aware of. As a meme is socially passed information it's not the photoshopping that makes it a meme, it's the fact people have ideas about crabby and pass them around. This could include the meme of captioning things but as a starting point for a viral internet fad it's a weak one. If you want crabby to appear all over the internet or at least in wow media everywhere you just have to hope someone can make an actually amusing joke about it. The existing wow memes are popular because they can be applied to things in funny and "funny" ways and because people saw with this and ran with it. No one said 'let's make "it was only a setback" a meme' and started photoshopping it on to things, someone quoted it with amusing context, someone else did, people suddenly had *ideas* of ways to use it.

If you think a "meme" is photoshopping captions your understand of a) what a meme is and b) what is actually funny and how funny works, is sorely lacking and you are the worst person to try.
    seriously.. wall of text :s, ever heard of paragraphs?

Deleted
    Just imagine the endless possibilities!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post

Hahahhaahahha

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post

now thats awesome