Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Shameless U.S., any other fans besides me? *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Spoilers for safety. Also, this is for the U.S. version, I've never seen the UK one but if it's similar I'd prefer the outlook be kept sealed.

I'm a big ER fan. I saw that John Wells was a writer for Shameless and I decided to give it a look.

Loved it. Any other fans that think the show's only to get more interesting with time? I felt like they left a lot of plot points open for development...

I watched it for the TNA initially, then I actually got hooked on the story. Can't wait for next season.

Deleted
    I'll try not to spoil it for you, I like your US version, the plots/characters are pretty much the same as the UK version, however it's been massivly toned down for American TV. The Original version is way darke/grittier/graphic, more squalid, more cursing, nudity etc. The U.S. Frank, is like a cuddly uncle compared to our version. I think it would totally horrify mainstream US audiences if it were to be shown over there uncut. Try looking on you tube to get a sense of it, although you may struggle with the accent's, the Queen's English it ain't. (this also goes for 'Skins' and 'Being Human' the other two shows that have been adapted recently from us.)