Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I'd say Call of Cthulu was a much better "Scary" game, as it didn't rely on cheap jumping tricks like Amnesia does and it's story was alot more fun and deep seedingly creepy.

then again it is the Cthulu mythos, so it often wins be default.
    I have Call of Cthulu lol but never got around to playing it, However if a truly brick sh*tting experince is what you need nothing can beat the game F.E.A.R which is still top horror game till now. Amnesia definetly a good buy its quite cheap also so...why not?

Deleted
    F.E.A.R. is about 1/10 as scary as Amnesia, if even that.

Definitely worth buying it. I had to take breaks every 30min due to the game being so scary :<

If you liked it, you could also buy the Penumbra series after Amnesia. It's the older brother of Amnesia and they say that Penumbra: Black Plague is even scarier O.o

Currently still at Penumbra: Overture though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Really interested in buying this game..

I'm a total pussy. Any horror movie scares me, any horror game scares me..

It started when I was in gr2 and I watched halloween 3.. i had bad cousins -.-

Post what you thought of the game, was it worth it?

Share your experiences!! ;3
    It's a brilliant game, probably the best game that has been released in a looooooong time.

Deleted
    I really can't describe the feeling you get when playing Amnesia, you are pulled in and the game won't let you go. I am a fan of horror games, but this one is my absolute favorite. I have completed about 70% of it, and at times I have to stop playing to keep sane. It's storyline is probably one of the best I have come across. I would dare to say its a 10/10.
    Last edited by mmoc390dc12f98; 2011-04-02 at 12:22 PM.

I couldn't even take playing left 4 dead 1 past 8 pm. i don't think i will be able to play this without a heart attack.

Deleted

Deleted
    It was...Ok, even though it didn't manage to scare me, but atleast the plot was good and the graphics are fine quality.
    And yes, I played it at night, in the dark, with my headphones on(that are deafening everything else around me, have good bass etc.)
    I even lowered the gamma to proper levels in the game(I personally hate the way most games render shadows, even if there's torch right next to the spot, to be just black blops, rather than be somewhat visible, like irl...reason why I love my screenie soo much <3)
    So yeah, I'd recommend it. Buy the game, now and you'll be shitting bricks and your teeth will be clattering after the first night with the game. Also it might get you a bit jumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    Definitely worth buying it. I had to take breaks every 30min due to the game being so scary :<

If you liked it, you could also buy the Penumbra series after Amnesia. It's the older brother of Amnesia and they say that Penumbra: Black Plague is even scarier O.o

Currently still at Penumbra: Overture though
    Overture is somewhat boring, but Black Plague is amazing. I found it very immersing, scary and it had pretty good puzzles. Goddamn that part near the end when you lose your mind.

Deleted
    I absolutely despised horror games until Amnesia: The Dark Descent came out. I'm not sure what did it, but after seeing a bit of game play and the trailer footage, I just had to find out more about it. The story, the ambiance and the atmosphere as a whole make this game what it is, I'm not even sure why, but I didn't even want to play it during the day, I waited until night time to play it.

Needless to say I class this as one of my favorite games, and it indeed left me shitting my pants on several occasions... For the price, it's a real bargain.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the scariest shit ever. I didn't have the guts to finish the first map... xD
    Vol'jin fanboy

Looked it up on youtube. Guess you haft to play it to feel it. Its some RPG-explore game with no combat ever, more thinking about puzzle elements and the choices you take correct?

Didnt look bad trough, I can Imagine its better than watching ^^

Deleted
    I have considered buying it too, but im also a huge pussy when it comes to horror games, even the dungeons in Oblivion scares the living crap out of me.

If i do happen to buy it, through steam probably, I guess I'll have to play it with some friends, just so I don't get an heart attack.

Deleted
    At first I tried to play it the way you're supposed to - Alone, during the night, no lights, headphones.
    I almost shit my pants (seriously) so that was a no-go.

Then I tried to play it the same way, but during broad daylight. Still scary as fuck, managed to play through a bit though.

Ended up in me playing it with headphones, during the night - on a LAN. I had 7 friends around me, so. I've also played a bit of it the same way, but on Skype.

Quote Originally Posted by masterrofl12 View Post
    I have considered buying it too, but im also a huge pussy when it comes to horror games, even the dungeons in Oblivion scares the living crap out of me.

If i do happen to buy it, through steam probably, I guess I'll have to play it with some friends, just so I don't get an heart attack.
    LOL SAME HERE.

I just bought it.. join me !
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I didn't play it because I'm a pussy, but I saw the entire walk-through of the game via YouTube in HD.
    Well, it didn't scare me at all, but I think it's because I wasn't playing it. Good history though..

10+ Year Old Account
    Every now and then I gather together with two friends of mine, we link the computer to a huge TV screen and then play it a few hours during the night. It's fucking awesome, really some of the better hours in my life.

Imo scary games are only fun if you're able to share the scare with others.

how long would you say the game takes to beat?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

By far one of my favorite games and one of the scariest games ever made.

The thing that makes it so scary is that there are no weapons. You have to hide and pray they don't see you and if they do, you run for your dear life, put away your torch and crouch in a corner. It intensifies the moment and makes you scream while trying to pause the game to go cry.

I only played the game at night time, in the dark, by myself. It took me 6 consecutive days to beat with about 3-4 hours at a time. I had to stop every 20-25 minutes. Made the game that much better.

I got stuck on the prison level for soooo long. Scariest shit ever.

http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader...nesia_nope.gif
    Last edited by Infernix17; 2011-04-02 at 11:33 PM.

Seriously, don't go in expecting a scary game. Only if you find Doom3 scary (lol?), you will find this scary. Everything is easy to avoid if you use your brain.