Thread: Final warning?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Final warning?

Origination Forums / Comments
    Ban Type: Spamming / Trolling
    Expires: Saturday, April 9, 2011 2:32:42 PM UTC (in 6 days, 20 hours)
    1 week suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for trolling. This is a final warning. Further violations of Forum Guidelines could result in a loss of posting privileges.

So this morning before work I made a post about businesses and moral responsibility. When I got home, I went to check on the debate that was going on before I went to work, and wouldn't you know, it was deleted. I got the notice above.

I didn't write it to troll. I wanted to know if other people felt the same as I do about how businesses handle marketing products to the general public.

My question is, does Blizzard normally give a final warning to first time offenders, or did I hit a nerve?
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

no, they don't normally give final warnings... they normally just perma ban you

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndam View Post
    all the biggest wow sites have the BAN button bound to all their keys, they don't have time to read the complaints
    It wasn't necessarily a complaint. More of a matter-of-fact statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had issues like this in the past. I usually don't bother posting on anything other than my guild's recruitment threads. You never know what may set off the moderators.

Deleted
    Its funny how it says "further violations could result in the loss of posting privileges".

That isn't last warning if it "could" result in the loss. last warning is 1 more and you are OUUUTTT

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndam View Post
    all the biggest wow sites have the BAN button bound to all their keys, they don't have time to read the complaints
    On the Blizzard ones by the time they read the emails from the victims the ban has already ended. (usually 24/48hr)
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-04-02 at 08:44 PM.

I would be intersted to see said post/ thread in question...

Blizzard does not give final warnings to first time offenders. Ergo, This is not your first offense. Blizzard has VERY good records of every offense you have ever made, they dont just pull something like that out of a hat at random. Someone isn't telling the whole story.

Also, without actually seeing the content of your supposedly "innocent, non troll, fresh debate inspiring post" we really have no idea what got you infracted.

Again, chances are, your post was much less innocent then you claim it to be.

Finally, whining about it on MMO-Champ isnt exactly going to accomplish anything.

Pretty much any type of negative post or thread will be flagged as trolling on the official forums, I wouldn't really bother with them at all unless you need tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its funny how it says "further violations could result in the loss of your account".

That isn't last warning if it "could" result in the loss. last warning is 1 more and you are OUUUTTT

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 06:30 PM ----------

Actually, it says "loss of posting privledges". Completely different thing. Blizz can easily ban you from the forums without affecting your ability to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Blizzard does not give final warnings to first time offenders. Ergo, This is not your first offense. Someone isn't telling the whole story.

Also, without actually seeing the content of your supposedly "innocent, non troll, fresh debate inspiring post" we really have no idea what got you infracted.

Finally, whining about it on MMO-Champ isnt exactly going to accomplish anything.
    I would link the post, except it was deleted. I swear it is the first time I have ever been banned on any forum. I wouldn't have inquired about this if I had been. The only thing I can think of is that it may have been off topic because the only thing Blizzard I brought up was the Blizzard Store.

Honestly, though, point out where you saw me whining.

Blizzard does not give final warnings to first time offenders. Ergo, This is not your first offense. Blizzard has VERY good records of every offense you have ever made, they dont just pull something like that out of a hat at random. Someone isn't telling the whole story.

\

Pretty much what this person said without being so blunt... except removing the part about whining about it on mmo-champ, and placing it on his/her own post.
    Just because people wish to ask questions, or talk about something, someone has to say they are whining. Not constructive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    It wasn't necessarily a complaint. More of a matter-of-fact statement.
    And what exactly does this mean? If the post was about blizzard doing better business, theres a big chance you knew better before you posted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trolled once and got banned permanently off WoW forums, don't really care as they're generally unhelpful and the community is abysmal.
    Signatures are overrated.

The official forums are known to ban for very small things.
    I got permanently banned back in 2005 because I was asking too many questions about the game.

I got banned the first week back to the game after 4 years by making a thread entitled "Why do you play Worgen?" and somewhere in there was a "is it a furry thing? " which was intended as a joke. LOL, I'm glad I found this place finally yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    they dont final warn you i know i got perm banned(my sister decided it would be funny to troll on my acount twice,other 2 bans for saying blizz goes to moongaurd and reposting a thread)

They are agonizing and ban for the smallest, but inconvenient, truthful things.

Deleted
    Actually, it says "loss of posting privledges". Completely different thing. Blizz can easily ban you from the forums without affecting your ability to play the game.
    Yea thats what I meant I didnt want to scroll up to re-read.

But that wasn't the part I was talking about anyway. It was the "COULD" part compared with the FINAL warning.

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 08:43 PM ----------

My account was banned then re-instated with a Final warning clause. My account only had 1 offence. So yea, they do give final warnings for first time offenders.

Did you know you can report people on the WoW forums if you have an inactive account? You can't rate posts, but you can report them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally no, but if this is true then I have to believe that this is not a first time offense.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-