Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    SB will be ok after patch when it will be off GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found Enhancement Shaman kind of interesting. I don't know very much about spell mechanics on high-level melee, so I'm also curious as to whether this could disrupt a Paladin, or a Death Knight in PvP or would the effects be minimal at best?

Quote Originally Posted by Folc View Post
    Keep in mind that Solar Beam is fairly useless against all melee classes( & Hunters).
    Completely disagree. Versus Enhancement Shaman it removes their ability to heal or interrupt, pop wolves, as well as a significant portion of damage(Maelstrom Lightning, Shocks). Against Death Knights it stops their rotation cold because they can't use any runic power dumps, and they can't silence/ghoulsac/Lichborneheal/apply diseases/simulacrum/gargoyle/summoning a ghoul/frankenstein/AMS/AMZ(It's best to time it when they have high Runic Power). Against Ret Pallies it prevents their heal, their stun, Cleanse, Hand of Protection, Hand of Freedom, a fair bit of damage(Exorcism/holy Wrath), avenging wrath, and CCs them effectively when they're rooted. Against Feral Druids, it prevents Remove Corruption, Soothe, Heal, Roots, and Cyclone. Against warriors, it prevents Fear Bomb, rage generating shouts, demoralizing shout, and taunt. Post-Patch, I intend to use it against all of them(Even the warrior - typically as soon as I pop Trees)
    Last edited by DrPancake; 2011-04-02 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if the druid casting it can so choose to, they can probably stand in their own beam and just blitz the hell out of the melee at close range?

it can stop DK interrupts which is pretty important so you can solar beam and hardcast right in his face, really good way to get solar eclipse

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is ON topic.

thanks!! exactly the post i was looking for