Deleted

Tauren druid herbalists

I was herbing in uldum and this tauren druid was "having fun".. he was hanging in the air waiting for ppl/me to start herbing, and when the herb was almost gathered, he flew down and took it - he did this 3-4 times - I dont care that tauren druids got a 0.5 sec on herbing.. But why are ain't it like Mining, "if a miner are mining, no1 can take it" see thats smart...

The second issue concerns Tauren druid herbalists. While the other 5 or 6 million herbalists in the game take an average of 2.0 seconds to gather an herb, the Tauren druids have been given the ability to gather herbs in 0.5 second. That means that if a player has begun gathering the herb, and their channeling bar shows that they are 3/4 of the way done on picking the herb, a Tauren druid can begin gathering the same herb and will get the herb, almost 100% of the time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5789258?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    If they nerf that, they're going to have to buff the other racials, since Tauren are easily the weakest set of racials in the game. >_>
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

How exactly did he manage this. If i try to use a herb node/ore node already in use, i get an error saying "That Object is Already Being Used"

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by utopianh View Post
    If they nerf that, they're going to have to buff the other racials, since Tauren are easily the weakest set of racials in the game. >_>
    PvE perhaps.

Warstomp can win games in PvP.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    No ones exactly sure on the mining part of it, since there isn't a race that can mine faster. Two people can mine on the same node, but the one who started first is ALWAYS gonna get it. If there was a race that could mine faster, they would probably act the same as Tauren are now with herbalism.

Remove the 0.5 gathering time and give us 15% more base health! :>

10+ Year Old Account
    What they could do, is put all herb/mining nodes on CD/"bind" for lets say 10 seconds? Once someone has started gathering that node, its becomes bound to them, and no one can get it for that 10 second CD. I don't think its right for people to be able to come in and do that, yet i agree Taurens have crap for racial bonus. I have had numerous amounts of herbs, and mining nodes 'stolen" from me because of being attacked by a mob.

Racials are actualy ment to be racials, perks that nobody else has. Humans get a free PvP trinket pretty much, and extra reputation, Dwarfs get a Archeology boost, and a damage reduction CD, Trolls get Beserk, Goblins have the Rocket stuff, the bank servent, and a racial that gives them the best deals no matter what rep, etc, etc. (The major ones) If you take away the racials, what makes that race unique sides looks? Taurens get a boost in Herbalism, that's a major racial. The racial's prone to abuse sure, but it isn't like Worgen haven't stolen other skinner's skins before, and it's not like all Tauren abuse it. Dick move sure, but you can also killling a person of the oposite faction over a node that too.
    I ususaly just take the same approch as phased nodes, try to continue on and find more, if it isn't working, just go to a different zone to try, and come back in a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wupti View Post
    I was herbing in uldum and this tauren druid was "having fun".. he was hanging in the air waiting for ppl/me to start herbing, and when the herb was almost gathered, he flew down and took it - he did this 3-4 times - I dont care that tauren druids got a 0.5 sec on herbing.. But why are ain't it like Mining, "if a miner are mining, no1 can take it" see thats smart...

The second issue concerns Tauren druid herbalists. While the other 5 or 6 million herbalists in the game take an average of 2.0 seconds to gather an herb, the Tauren druids have been given the ability to gather herbs in 0.5 second. That means that if a player has begun gathering the herb, and their channeling bar shows that they are 3/4 of the way done on picking the herb, a Tauren druid can begin gathering the same herb and will get the herb, almost 100% of the time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5789258?page=1
    Don't take away our only good racial............Its only herbalism. Yeesh.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2011-04-03 at 03:44 AM.

Deleted
    It's called a Racial Ability. Get over it. Other races have their own unique quirks. We don't complain about them. Alliance use their own racial abilities against the Horde, and we will do the same against the alliance. I must say however, that as a fellow Tauren Druid herbalist, I will not under any circumstances disrupt a fellow Horde players herb node. Ever.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling they may make nodes uninterrupted unless your the one who accessed it first, as a way to prevent stealing of nodes. (i.e. people starting after you triggered the node)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

tauren druid herbalists is pain in the ass, cant kill them when they steal a herb, so for us that like to farm, its pointless if there is 2 taurens herbing in same area.

And its not like just go to another place if you want a desired herb.

Whiptail is in Uldum and a small place in Tol Barad
    Heartblossom is in Deepholm.
    Twilight Jasmine is hopless if you are trying to herb against a Tauren
    Etc.

So i rather see they get another Racial, or a small nerf on herbing speed.

thats not how the racial was intended... it needs to be set to when you start herb/mining/skinning, its locked out for 3s. i'd rather it be locked out since i didnt click on it soon enough than have some jerk steal it from me cause they can do it faster. then again, while you are at it, make herb/min/skin require you to be out of shapeshift forms, since druids can do those skills without leaving flightform.

Deleted
    lol seems to me you're a bitter man

I know it seems unfair and all but really, it's a racial skill. Tbh I'd trade my herb picking ability for something more usefull any day, specially cause I'm not a herbalist. I'd gladly trade my useless herbing shit and War Stomp for Every Man for Himself for example.