Thread: NZXT Apollo

NZXT Apollo

Hello guys,

Today I saw the NZXT Apollo (black) IRL for the first time, and for a 85$ case, damn it looks fine! Only thing is, apparently it comes with 2 default fans (only!) and only 1 of them is LED. I'm looking forward to do a standard gaming SB build (2500k + Hyper 212, gtx 560Ti) for a friend, and I was wondering how many more fans I should need to keep the cooling optimal. Note that I like in Canada and it never gets really that hot here...let's say that I'm far from Texas.

If I'm right, the case comes with one on the back (outtake) , and one on the glass panel (intake). There is an additional slot for a 200mm fan on the top (outtake) and another one for a fan in the front, near the drive bays (intake). That comes to a total of 4 fans, which is cool enough for a small build like the one I'm doing. On the top of it, it goes perfect with a Sentry 2 controller. Also, will the inside look a bit cluttered with the Hyper 212? (2x fans, 1x aftermarket)

Correct me/inform me on any of the above!
    Thanks,

Chicken

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Note that I like in Canada and it never gets really that hot here...
    Where do you live, NWT? Two months during the summer (mid july to mid september) get almost as hot as central Florida here. Ambient room temperature without AC in my room is around 34c during those months, sometimes higher. Southern Ontario is worse than us too.

As for fans, if most of the ports are 120mm, these are good fans:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...n&promoid=1306

I have a couple of them in my HyperV server, pretty much silent.

For a 200mm... a bit more pricey.
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=39...ufacture=Antec
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Where do you live, NWT? Two months during the summer (mid july to mid september) get almost as hot as central Florida here. Ambient room temperature without AC in my room is around 34c during those months, sometimes higher. Southern Ontario is worse than us too.

As for fans, if most of the ports are 120mm, these are good fans:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...n&promoid=1306

I have a couple of them in my HyperV server, pretty much silent.

For a 200mm... a bit more pricey.
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=39...ufacture=Antec
    I'm in Ottawa, you got me

I've seen a lot of people posting here coming from Cali, Texas or Florida, hence why compared to them, for the biggest part of the year, it's quite cold, and there isn't a lot to worry about regarding heat. So there is 4 total fans in the case? And thanks for the links. I'm na NCIX (and Linus!) fan & customer myself.

OT: Asera, saw your desktop in another thread, looks sick.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I've seen a lot of people posting here coming from Cali, Texas or Florida
    I think there's more posters from Scandinavia and The Netherlands than those three states.. xD

Also, I personally find the Apollo tacky and junky for its price point. I'd get an Antec 900 over it. They are normally on sale every week for around the same price as the Apollo, and come with every fan spot filled except the side. Not to mention It's got forward facing HDD bays and not those stupid sideways HDD bays.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I think there's more posters from Scandinavia and The Netherlands than those three states.. xD

Also, I personally find the Apollo tacky and junky for its price point. I'd get an Antec 900 over it. They are normally on sale every week for around the same price as the Apollo, and come with every fan spot filled except the side. Not to mention It's got forward facing HDD bays and not those stupid sideways HDD bays.
    My main rig is in an Antec 1200, and yep. but it's for a friend who wanted an alienware (gasp) and the Apollo looks like one and is pretty solid (steel, if I'm right).

10+ Year Old Account
    Noctua NFS12B FLX 120mm The quietest case fans out there, period.
    Apevia CF12SL 120MM Blue LED Case Fan If you're into glowing blue rigs.