Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you look in the screenshot you can see that he whispers the buyer making it impossible to be an alt. (Unless he multiboxes.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    You can't buy your own auctions, unless it's on another account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    You can't buy your own auctions as far as I know.
    Didn't know that. Then he/she got a friend to do it.
    I updated my post to show why he/she's fake.

I am pretty sure that he/she wrote all that stuff before his/her friend bought it, scrolled back up after it was purchased, and took a screenshot.

Proof:
    In the 7 seconds that passed between getting the notification "has bought", all this happened:
    OP says "omg ty" (must be within 1 second of getting the notification)
    Wooptiheall writes in the guild chat (must type each message in 1.5 seconds)
    Buyer answers with "lol np" (must type in 1 second)
    OP says "Why did you buy" (must type in 1 second)
    OP opens the auction house menu and takes a screenshot (has 1 second to do this)

This all has to occur with no time lost between each message, meaning no reading time at all.
    Last edited by mmoc98d1b64e82; 2011-04-03 at 04:45 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    /cheer i am proud of you

Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    Didn't know that. Then he/she got a friend to do it.
    I updated my post to show why he/she's fake.

I am pretty sure that he/she wrote all that stuff before his/her friend bought it, scrolled back up after it was purchased, and took a screenshot.
    Logics flawed, the AH window does not update realtime unless you close the window and re-open, or move to another tab to refresh the timers.

Explain: If he opens the window as soon as the auction is sold, takes even 30 minutes to write those messages, the timer in the AH will still say what it said when he opened it.

In other news this is the professions forum, kinda leads to be believe it belongs here :/ stop hatin.
    Last edited by Rocap; 2011-04-03 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    My view on this thing...

1. OP puts this in the AH for 5k, wanting to brag about something on mmo-champion.
    2. OP tells friend to buy the Fortune Card
    3. OP sends the gold back to the friend and takes a screenshot.
    4. OP brags on mmo-champion and gets epeen rank 2.

Proof:
    In the 7 seconds that passed between getting the notification "has bought", all this happened:
    OP says "omg ty" (must be within 1 second of getting the notification)
    Wooptiheall writes in the guild chat (must type each message in 1.5 seconds)
    Buyer answers with "lol np" (must type in 1 second)
    OP says "Why did you buy" (must type in 1 second)
    OP opens the auction house menu and takes a screenshot (has 1 second to do this)

This all has to occur with no time lost between each message, meaning no reading time at all.
    And he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling mmo-champs >

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocap View Post
    Logics flawed, the AH window does not update realtime unless you close the window and re-open, or move to another tab to refresh the timers.
    Damn, I thought I had him/her pinned down. Oh well, on to another thread. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proshitmon View Post
    anyone got any similar stories?
    A buddy of mine got the Vial of Sands sniped passing across the neutral AH for 10s. He was, understandably, irate. Filed a bunch of tickets and spammed the guy who bought it for days. Turns out it's a perfectly legit tactic, and it's easy to configure Auctioneer to do it for you pretty much automatically.

EDIT: At, to the OP: The UI. It is so...plain. Addons are your friend!
    Last edited by insmek; 2011-04-03 at 04:53 PM.

Lots of people have 2 accounts.
    You can run 2 copies of wow on the same computer, and log on to both accounts at the same time.
    I do it all the time to run my low level alts thru dungeons to get specific gear.

Account A. can also buy items off the AH from account B, and vice versa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    A buddy of mine got the Vial of Sands sniped passing across the neutral AH for 10s. He was, understandably, irate. Filed a bunch of tickets and spammed the guy who bought it for days. Turns out it's a perfectly legit tactic, and it's easy to configure Auctioneer to do it for you pretty much automatically.
    I hate to be bloodsail admiral sometimes

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deftones View Post
    Lots of people have 2 accounts.
    You can run 2 copies of wow on the same computer, and log on to both accounts at the same time.
    I do it all the time to run my low level alts thru dungeons to get specific gear.

Account A. can also buy items off the AH from account B, and vice versa.
    and pay 26€/30$ a month? I'd rather play with some friends that rushes me.

I had a friend who managed to sell Vanishing powder stacks (the lvl 80 glyph remove dust in case I misspelled it) for something like 1500g a stack, I really dont know how that ever happened but he earned something like 6-7k gold that way )

So you were rude to somebody who accidentally did something? You must be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    and pay 26€/30$ a month? I'd rather play with some friends that rushes me.
    Eh, you know that feeling when they're not on at the time, and you REALLY want to get something...
    Sometimes they don't want to run a dungeon 5, 10, 15 times in a row in a 3hr period to get those items either :P
    Less hassle for a mere $3.75/wk...

Im still tying to figure out why you have not got blink nor sheep binded
    no got nothing

Deleted
    A friend of mine accidentaly put a green cata gem on ah for like, 1500g or so and someone bought it. Thats my contribution to this thread :c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    So you were rude to somebody who accidentally did something? You must be proud.
    How was she rude? o_O

Back in 2007 when I was saving money for my normal mount skill which was 100g. I used to farm blood elf Bandit masks which took me a couple of hours to get one only to put it on ah for 10s instead of 10g -.-' Worst waste of time ever. (That was much money for me back then ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by lolan1 View Post
    How was she rude? o_O

Back in 2007 when I was saving money for my normal mount skill which was 100g. I used to farm blood elf Bandit masks which took me a couple of hours to get one only to put it on ah for 10s instead of 10g -.-' Worst waste of time ever. (That was much money for me back then ^^)
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't intentionally try to rip people off.

So guys . Nice weather today right ?