10+ Year Old Account

Razer Naga and Deathadder

I've been using the Deathadder for a while now, and I can't get bt 4 to work with binds. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. So the Deathadder has been getting old, so I got a razer naga as a replacement. Nice mouse, but again, bt 4 isn't working. It's doing the same thing. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. I'm on a mac, and haven't downloaded drivers because everything else seemed to work fine. So I finally decided to install the driver for mac, but on the button 4 options I don't know what to select. Is anyone familiar that could give me a hand?

Deleted
    With the Razer Naga you are supposed to bind the buttons on the side of the mouse to the numpad. Then in game you bind the spells to keys on the numpad.
    Last edited by mmoc3e7fde3491; 2011-04-04 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not supposed to bind keys to the numpad, it's just an option. There's a switch under the mouse.
    I use the keys 1-8 on the Naga, and bind the rest to my keyboard. I would get more keybinds if I would bind then to the numpad, but I can't get myself to use 1-8 with my hand anymore. Thumb ftw!

For the OP's question: I'm not sure about that, I'm afraid.. My Naga has always worked right from the box. But you can always select bt4 from the keyboard to the bt4 on you Naga, if that's what you mean.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

It's probably bound to something else ingame.

Deleted
    I know, but it is the best option as not the vast majority use numpad while in WOW, so these free keys are convenient to bind to the mouse keys.
    Last edited by mmoc3e7fde3491; 2011-04-04 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evoss: Do they? Wow, I didn't know that. I've always used WASD and the numb keys right above them. Never ever crossed my mind to use numpad. It certainly would free up alot more keys, but my hands can't comprehend this much muscle memory.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serago View Post
    Evoss: Do they? Wow, I didn't know that. I've always used WASD and the numb keys right above them. Never ever crossed my mind to use numpad. It certainly would free up alot more keys, but my hands can't comprehend this much muscle memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoss View Post
    not the vast majority use numpad while in WOW
    You missed the "not"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    It's probably bound to something else ingame.
    No. I can bind it sometimes. And sometimes it works. But most of the time it doesn't.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 04:36 PM ----------

You're not supposed to bind keys to the numpad, it's just an option. There's a switch under the mouse.
    I use the keys 1-8 on the Naga, and bind the rest to my keyboard. I would get more keybinds if I would bind then to the numpad, but I can't get myself to use 1-8 with my hand anymore. Thumb ftw!

For the OP's question: I'm not sure about that, I'm afraid.. My Naga has always worked right from the box. But you can always select bt4 from the keyboard to the bt4 on you Naga, if that's what you mean.
    Button 4 is not a keyboard bind. On the deathadder it's the 2nd thumb button on the side. On the naga, it's the second button right beside the left click button.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the b4 (and other mouse buttons) don't work when you got something on your mouseover (like a raid member).

If you got a Naga, I'd strongly suggest getting Sharpkeys. It's a nifty little program that lets you reprogram keys. This because if you were to bind keys to the numpad, they won't work so well in combination with modifiers.

/shrug.
    I've always used ESDF and always used numpad as well.
    &nbsp;

If it's anything like logitech mice, and it's Mouse Button 4, and not an actual keyboard key, then yes, WoW tends to have problems with that after the first few or so. When I got my G500, I left the thumb buttons as generic buttons in the software. The front and back ones show up fine, but the middle one did nothing, so I had to map it to a keyboard command. The other problem was that even though those other two buttons worked, if I was moused over a player frame in my party or whatnot, it would do nothing at all. In the end I bound them all to keyboard commands.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariathe View Post
    I'm pretty sure the b4 (and other mouse buttons) don't work when you got something on your mouseover (like a raid member).

If you got a Naga, I'd strongly suggest getting Sharpkeys. It's a nifty little program that lets you reprogram keys. This because if you were to bind keys to the numpad, they won't work so well in combination with modifiers.
    Ok cool. Thanks, I'll try it.

Random and YMMV, of course, but I've always found mouse-4 to be a really nice PTT key.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Random and YMMV, of course, but I've always found mouse-4 to be a really nice PTT key.
    That's what I use it for. I bind autorun and PTT to those keys.