Deleted

Laptop sufficient to play WoW on?

I recently bought a laptop for school purposes, but now I'm contemplating to still trade it in while I can for the same model but with dedicated graphics card,
    the graphics card in question would be the Nvidia Geforce GT 525M 1GB coupled with an i5 Sandy Bridge processor Intel® Core™ i5-2410M 2.3GHz. How would this system handle WoW at a 1600*900 resolution, or if necessary 1366*768?

I could use advice quickly, 'cause my window in which I'd be able to return the laptop is closing.

it would run wow fine, but im not too sure about ultra settings, but still it will run wow smoothly very easily with thoes specs, but as i say you may not get ultra settings, but itll still handle it with ease

Deleted
    Yeah, I think about 30-40 on High settings. You'll probably be best off turning down shadow affects and view distance a little and your fps will probably drop in 25 man Raids but other than that you should be fine.

Deleted
    And what about other more recent games, I'm thinking Portal 2 here or possibly the Witcher 2 or in the future Guild Wars 2?

Or would I be better of spending the additional cash I'd put into this laptop upgrade (€250 including taxes) into a budget desktop gaming PC (max €600-700 euros including Windows) which I'd hook up to my HD television (1080p, already gamed on it through my previous laptop)?

Deleted
    A desktop gaming PC will always beat a Laptop, hands down. Its up to you if you want portability or better gaming.

That laptop has a low end video card (in the desktop world, it is pretty decent for laptops) which means that you won't even be able to max out WoW on it. If you can't max out WoW, which is one of the less video demanding games, then you can pretty much figure out the answer to how other games will run. They will run, but you're looking at medium/maybe some high settings at best.

If you were to get a desktop, no matter how budget it is, you can always throw in a $100 video card and play just about everything on max settings at decent resolution.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Eh, as far as wow goes a Pocket Calculator can run it on low, but i don't suggest trying to use it as your main gaming machine. As everyone else says; desktops are just better.

Deleted
    Can someone point me to a a desktop that would fit my budget? Most recommendations I find tend to shoot up into the €800-1200 range (you can substitute dollars for euro's, since the VAT usually cancels out the valuta difference), and often don't even include OS and peripherals (I still need a keyboard, I have a solid mouse and would co-opt my 1080p LCD tv (worked perfectly for other games through my previous laptop)).

The laptop I'm currently on cost £600 and it runs WoW pretty damn fast.
    It just depends on the price of your laptop.

Build a Desktop yourself imo. Built a sick gaming rig for around $1000; everything on Ultra max FPS, no problems.

been playing on laptop for like 4 years now, no complains ... like at all, usuing a previous gen Mac Book Pro 13 inch right now, b4 that was using a Sony Vaio
    P.s. On the Vaio it used to lag if the laptop wasnt plugged in

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erivaralol View Post
    Build a Desktop yourself imo. Built a sick gaming rig for around $1000; everything on Ultra max FPS, no problems.
    Saaaame here. i5-2500k setup. Also if it's the first computer you've built yourself (was for me) then I assure you you'll have a great sense of accomplishment after!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstrider View Post
    Can someone point me to a a desktop that would fit my budget?
    Sure, here you go:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

the graphics card in question would be the Nvidia Geforce GT 525M 1GB coupled with an i5 Sandy Bridge processor Intel® Core™ i5-2410M 2.3GHz. How would this system handle WoW at a 1600*900 resolution, or if necessary 1366*768?
    For WoW it'll work fine even at 1600x900 resolution, but 525M is rather low end GPU and will slow you down on any new games that actually demands lots of graphics power.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Saaaame here. i5-2500k setup. Also if it's the first computer you've built yourself (was for me) then I assure you you'll have a great sense of accomplishment after!!
    My budget for a desktop would be €700-800 tops, I complained that most gaming desktop suggestion builds go way over that and don't include an OS, I don't think I can scrape together more without harming other parts of my budget (actual games, music, books and most importantly, school...).

Deleted
    My budget for a desktop would be €700-800 tops, I complained that most gaming desktop suggestion builds go way over that and don't include an OS, I don't think I can scrape together more without harming other parts of my budget (actual games, music, books and most importantly, school...).
    WOW is not a computer intensive game. You wont need 800 euros to make a game run WOW on max, probably around 500 for WOW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    been playing on laptop for like 4 years now, no complains ... like at all, usuing a previous gen Mac Book Pro 13 inch right now, b4 that was using a Sony Vaio
    P.s. On the Vaio it used to lag if the laptop wasnt plugged in
    dnt use macs forgaming there not built for it unless u get a G5 mac laptops cant be upgraded u cant take them apart.

USE THIS QUESTIONs TO ANSWER YOUR GAMING NEEDS,

1.do i go out alot and need a computer? = laptop
    2. i dnt go out alot and need a computer? = desktop