Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Archaeology rumour

Not too long ago it was mentioned to me that they are planning to implement options as to what race you want to dig for, IE, opt for troll only or dwarf only.

Anyone else heard anything like this ?
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but i heard, from the voices in my head, that the mystery 10th race is JEDI!!!!
    Please dont kick me
    Last edited by Sofii; 2011-04-04 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Fail Trolling

Yes I read that as well, though for some reason I doubt it would go live. It would make it far too easy and alot of people would complain.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Haven't heard anything, but would like some blue post or something on this subject.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    Yes I read that as well, though for some reason I doubt it would go live. It would make it far too easy and alot of people would complain.
    easy?!
    you've got to be joking, arch isn't hard at all its just very grindy.

I've heard it too but i do think there should be a cost, like 1 keystone will make the next 10 sites to pop to be the same as the keystone.

Deleted
    That really should be Dwarf only

That is what was said when they first talked about archaeology, they just changed their minds so we can dig for all at the same time. and yeah why do people associate hard with how grindy something is?
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    easy?!

I've heard it too but i do think there should be a cost, like 1 keystone will make the next 10 sites to pop to be the same as the keystone.
    I have 30 troll keystones and i'm getting fed up with farming for that sword. Would gladly pay some to get troll only.

Also, arch isn't grindy, it's RNG. It would of been grindy if the (in my case) sword would cost 9750 troll fragments. THAT is grindy. At the moment, there are chances you farm this sword untill this game gets shut down, and you woun't get it.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2011-04-04 at 01:05 PM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker)

Q: Are there any plans to bring new items to Archaeology with each future patch? - Idej (North America/ANZ)
    A: We may not make it every patch, but we designed Archaeology specifically with this kind of expandability in mind. Our most immediate plans are to add rare items to the Vrykul and especially Troll races, since they have so few, and add more to Fossils in general since you end up with so many Fossil sites. We also have some plans to make it slightly easier to focus on races upon which you want to focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    I have 30 troll keystones and i'm getting fed up with farming for that sword. Would gladly pay some to get troll only.
    you dont farm arch, you grind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope so, because archaeology is in its current is too random.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Not too long ago it was mentioned to me that they are planning to implement options as to what race you want to dig for, IE, opt for troll only or dwarf only.

Anyone else heard anything like this ?
    u can kinda do this just farm 200 fragments with the races u don't want to. so if ur wanting to do nelf get fossil, dwarf, troll to 200 fragments each and u shouldn't see anymore dig sites for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by slappy102 View Post
    I believe you have the option to either run back to your corpse and continue living, or you can take a penalty on your physical body through the consultation of a spirit healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next archaeology will be Bacon. We will be able to find bacon remains and get a legendary bacon recipe which heals 900 000 000 health and restores the same amount of mana for 1 year and its a buff which doesnt get removed when moving/logging out or anything and it stacks up to unlimited stacks. The effect persists through death and everything, it heals for that bacon-istic amount every second. We will also get a bacon sword which have a special effect 'The smell of bacon makes everyone, including allies and enemies to get around you and instantly dies'

BUT in order to make the bacon items (will be more patched in) balanced we must take some precautions like, nerfing everyone except for frostmages. They will get a 100% damage buff but in order to compensate for that, they get another root effect.

EVERYBODY WINS!!!! except the pigs....but noone cares for them ^w^
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Uthër-Uldaman View Post
    u can kinda do this just farm 200 fragments with the races u don't want to. so if ur wanting to do nelf get fossil, dwarf, troll to 200 fragments each and u shouldn't see anymore dig sites for them.
    i think you fail to grasp how the system works.
    the sites will still keep showing up, you just wont be able to loot the fragments.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not true, sure fragments are capped at 200. That doesent mean the dig sites for that race will stop spawning because you are capped.

ya but not as much i only got fossil to 200 fragments so far and i do get 1 fossil dig site every 12 or so dig site unlike getting all 4 fossil dig sites at once. that or ive just been really lucky ever since i got 200 fragments??
    Quote Originally Posted by slappy102 View Post
    I believe you have the option to either run back to your corpse and continue living, or you can take a penalty on your physical body through the consultation of a spirit healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a bit silly, then peepz would only dig for Tol'vir etc etc, soon Buggy mount will be the new TRH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    you dont farm arch, you grind it.
    That's what i've been saying. "Grinding" means your objective is in sight, you KNOW how many times you need to smack your head to the wall to make the candy drop from the shelf. If the sword would cost 12k troll fragments, it would be a grind but as it is now, it's just RNG.

And i've tried every trick on wowhead including topping fragments: it does not work. Atleast it would be less annoying if you could "farm" troll only or dwarf only etc, depending on what item you need.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
    Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker)

Q: Are there any plans to bring new items to Archaeology with each future patch? - Idej (North America/ANZ)
    A: We may not make it every patch, but we designed Archaeology specifically with this kind of expandability in mind. Our most immediate plans are to add rare items to the Vrykul and especially Troll races, since they have so few, and add more to Fossils in general since you end up with so many Fossil sites. We also have some plans to make it slightly easier to focus on races upon which you want to focus.
    Thanks for posting that, it's good the rumour is actually true.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2011-04-04 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    easy?!

It would make the grind easier when you only have one race to focus on. I never said it was hard did I? But if this went live, it would make it easier to get the bug mount or staff etc etc..

Would have been a bad idea, there are alot of ppl who got the rare items the grindy way, and i know, archaeology is really random, but you should work for something if you want a certain item, not having the item handed over on a silver plate.