Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I (resto shammy) run tons of heroics a day for farming rep with my (prot warrior) friend. Our ideology is roll need on anything and everything you can! Hunter legs drop I'm resto off spec elemental I still roll need. Do I care if the hunter rages... nope just a silly dps. Rule of the thumb is if you don't mind being kicked as a dps or if you are heals or tank go ahead and roll on all BoE's and BoP's a little gold in the pocket never hurt anyone. Not like you're ever going to group with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Artticus View Post
    I (resto shammy) run tons of heroics a day for farming rep with my (prot warrior) friend. Our ideology is roll need on anything and everything you can! Hunter legs drop I'm resto off spec elemental I still roll need. Do I care if the hunter rages... nope just a silly dps. Rule of the thumb is if you don't mind being kicked as a dps or if you are heals or tank go ahead and roll on all BoE's and BoP's a little gold in the pocket never hurt anyone. Not like you're ever going to group with them again.
    People like you should not be playing this game.

in randoms always roll need when an epic drops but if you were in my pug raid then its MS > Greed (ms must be equipped on the spot) if you rolled Ms with intend to sell not only would you never be in same group with me again, but i would go out of my way to ticket the crap out of you

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    Bliz specifically bypassed the "must be useable to roll need" system on those BoE epics for a reason. And in so doing, they gave everyone an equal shot at them whether you like it or not. People WILL roll need so don't cry when you try to impose your system of etiquette on others and they play the way Bliz intended rather than the way you want. Blizzard went out of their way to establish an equal chance for everyone and at least someone in the party WILL roll need every time so if you want to essentially pass by rolling greed that's on you.
    is this something new? i remember when i dinged 85 some clothie piece dropped for us, I was really pissed because i couldnt roll need on it and could have used the gold at the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Always roll need on boe's. Why? If everyone rolls need, there's no debate to be had. It's like at the end of Wrath, when everyone started needing on Frozen Orbs. People would mindlessly bitch others out for rolling need on them, "qq ur a filthy ninja qq." But you know what, I remember a particular instance in which someone cried foul at me, so I said in party chat, "Nobody can ninja if everyone needs." And he goes: "That actually makes sense." People who roll need are just being smart and looking out for themselves. Not everyone carries around this broken "manners" complex that people are so fond of latching onto.

The current system right now is busted because the need roll is only available to the classes that can use the item, true, but they're fixing that little problem by making the need roll bind the item to you when you win, so you can't sell it. But, even though the system does favor people who can use the item right now, I still roll need if a boe epic comes up. Does it shock or appall me when others do the same? No, it doesn't. People are just playing it smart. They aren't rolling greed on it, only to have another person wait until everyone else has rolled, then click need and win it. If that makes me a douche, that makes these "polite" people naive twats.

take a chair... flip it upside down... and sit on it. This is the most fucked up thing i ever heard of. Its one thing to roll need on a BoE epic for the 10k+ you can potentially get from it, but to screw another person out of a piece just because you wanna make 5 gold real quick. Wtf is wrong with you? as dps its hard enough to get into a decent random and you gonna screw them out of their gear like that ?

i roll need on everything i possibly can, there is no rule that gives someone prio over the other, if you take part in the encounter you are entitled to anything you want from it even if you couldnt use it.

If you really need epics that bad in a random then you dont raid that much and have no need for them anyway so stick with your blues, i have only won 1 boe so far as the others have been cloth drops and i was unable to roll need but i would if i could because even if you dont equip it there still is a need to sell it to help pay for repairs and enchants.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    Such mentality sure is fail. Don't try to justify it, don't try to excuse it. Stop being a jerk.......

Kinda makes you wonder, what kind of guy you are behind the screen. Do you act like a selfish jerk in RL as well?

There's an old Greek saying...... Hybris Sir Jerk, Nemesis will be your destiny!

Deleted
    Tell everyone to greed, then need! harr harr

Those leggs actually dropped in SFK for me and 2 guildies. One of my guildmates was DCd tho haha but we decided to greed, and everyone did surprisingly. Of course my other guildie won them. 27k on AH..

Had it happen to me enough in WotLK, that the 2 boe epics that dropped in cata... I was the only one that could roll need and of course I did.