Archaeology - Tyrande's Favorite Doll - Character Level Requirement?

Hi there!

I was just wondering if anyone is able to confirm that Tyrande's Favorite Doll does or does not have a minimum character level requirement to be discovered? To clarify, I am NOT asking what level of archaeology that is required, but whether there is a specific character level requirement or not. So please, if there's someone who's either read something regarding this matter or perhaps someone who's actually obtained the trinket before level 85, post a comment!

Best Regards,
    Oliver
    Last edited by Snith; 2011-04-05 at 10:35 AM.

You only need to have 450+ Archaelogy before you can start getting them BoA 85 Epics, so yes, you can get it before level 85.

it requires level 85. it's boa, so doesn't matter what level the character who gets it is. (cept for needing the right arch skill ofc)

edit: for future questions, try www.wowhead.com first, easy to get this kind of info there

Requires Level 85

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    You only need to have 450+ Archaelogy before you can start getting them BoA 85 Epics, so yes, you can get it before level 85.
    Excuse me if I still doubt you, but as I'm reaching almost a hundred solves after obtaining all the other Night Elf rares, I would like to get a confirmation from someone who's actually obtained it before level 85. As I felt I described rather clearly in the first post, I'm searching for someone to post out of personal experience, alternatively if you've read something alike somewhere else, not someone who's just posting the "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    it requires level 85. it's boa, so doesn't matter what level the character who gets it is. (cept for needing the right arch skill ofc)

edit: for future questions, try www.wowhead.com first, easy to get this kind of info there
    If you would bother to actually search wowhead yourself and read the comments, you'd know that there is no information describing this matter. However, there is a question that is very similar to mine, but has been left unanswered for a, to me, unknown period of time. That's why I felt that it might be a good idea to bring this question to mmo-champion, due to its large user base.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ludijak View Post
    Requires Level 85
    Can you please be more specific? Are you stupid enough to feel that it required clarification that the trinket requires level 85 to equip or can you actually say, out of personal experience, that the trinket has a minimum character level requirement to be found?
    Last edited by Snith; 2011-04-05 at 10:34 AM.

I know I was close to 450 skill when I got mine but I don't think it needs to be maxed, more of a luck thing, but I was lvl 85.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Random archie proc is random

I've solved in the region of 150 troll artifacts and still don't have the sword. And 150 solves is nothing compared to some people.

There is nothing in archy that specifically says you need to be level 85 to discover a level 85 BOA but unless someone comments here or wowhead with confirmation then you may want to submit a ticket and get an answer from a GM.

And for future reference, calling people stupid isn't the best way of getting support from fellow forum users.

Quote Originally Posted by srsmth View Post
    I know I was close to 450 skill when I got mine but I don't think it needs to be maxed, more of a luck thing, but I was lvl 85.
    Alright, that makes one more. Everyone that I've spoken to so far has been level 85 before they found theirs, and it's getting more and more likely that this actually is a requirement. It feels a bit off in theory though, as these items are in fact Bind on Account, I feel that there should be almost no restriction to what may and what may not be found other than the actual archaeology skill. Thank you very much for your input.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Random archie proc is random

I've solved in the region of 150 troll artifacts and still don't have the sword. And 150 solves is nothing compared to some people.

There is nothing in archy that specifically says you need to be level 85 to discover a level 85 BOA but unless someone comments here or wowhead with confirmation then you may want to submit a ticket and get an answer from a GM.

And for future reference, calling people stupid isn't the best way of getting support from fellow forum users.
    I do understand that my previous attitude may not attract the best of replies, but I still can't believe that users are so careless about the their own posts that they don't even read through the original post before they reply. Is there some form of reward given out to users with a large amount of posts or what? And in regards to contacting a game master, this has already been done and I'm afraid they are unable to provide such specific information regarding the game mechanics. I do understand that obtaining the level 85 BoA epics may be totally random, but meanwhile I continue to grind these fragments, I'd like to see if there is any proof that this trinket can be obtained before reaching the maximum character level.

If you browse through the comments on the wowhead page for this item you will find a few testimonies on people getting the trinket to queue before being level 85. Theres 160 odd comments to sift through though, so I can just 'quote' some here for you :

Just got it as my 96th nelf solve(made 5-6 before 450).

My toon is level 84, so you don't need to be 85 to get this.
    Just started farming for this on an alt and wanted to add some information here. There was a question regarding whether or not this could be obtained before reaching character level 85 that was unanswered on this page.

Using Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds as an analogue... There are comments on the item page by Agrotarion indicating that multiple people have acquired the sword before 525 Arch or level 85. This would stand to reason that this too can be acquired before hitting those caps.

Wish me luck... Gonna go back to grinding this now. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
    If you browse through the comments on the wowhead page for this item you will find a few testimonies on people getting the trinket to queue before being level 85. Theres 160 odd comments to sift through though, so I can just 'quote' some here for you :
    Oh, thank you so much. I've read that page at least four to five times so I can't understand how I've missed out on it, once again, thanks!