Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I wouldnt ignore any adds and having 1 rdps on the bloods seems really risky unless he's really over geared...which...at this point you cant be overgeared for an end boss in normal

If your having trouble with healing...get another healer. I've heard of 10m groups getting 4 total, although I raid 25m so we get versatility

10+ Year Old Account
    We had done the fight with 3 healers for the first 3 weeks we did him, and we downed him just fine, except it took us a few attempts.

This week we went in with every intention to 2 heal it, andddd we 1 shot it. So 2 healing it is definitely the way to go. Less adds, less corruption, faster kill.

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I wouldnt ignore any adds and having 1 rdps on the bloods seems really risky unless he's really over geared...which...at this point you cant be overgeared for an end boss in normal

If your having trouble with healing...get another healer. I've heard of 10m groups getting 4 total, although I raid 25m so we get versatility
    Never heard of 4 healing it in 10 man unless you're single tanking it or something.. 4 healers is really not necessary.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

We went 2 tanks, 3 healers, 4 ranged dps and 1 melee dps.

surv hunter and fire mage 2 manning all the 4 blood packs we got and downed him fine.

In p2, me as a shadowpriest stay on chogall the entire time while everyone else gets the tentacles. Seems to be the only way we get him down >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    We went 2 tanks, 3 healers, 4 ranged dps and 1 melee dps.

surv hunter and fire mage 2 manning all the 4 blood packs we got and downed him fine.

In p2, me as a shadowpriest stay on chogall the entire time while everyone else gets the tentacles. Seems to be the only way we get him down >.>
    We keep our Shadow Priest on Cho'Gall for the entire fight. Since Shadow AOE is terrible it's not worth it for him to switch and he does much higher dps by staying on Cho the entire time. We don't have a problem with adds due to this at all. I'm fairly positive he still switches to tentacles in phase 2 though.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

That is possibly the worst advice you can give for this fight, you dont need more than 2 healers and if they cant manage that then i hate to tell you but your healers are underperforming and need to step it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    That is possibly the worst advice you can give for this fight, you dont need more than 2 healers and if they cant manage that then i hate to tell you but your healers are underperforming and need to step it up.
    OR people are failing at stopping worshipping (if you're failing in first phase) or getting too much corruption (if you're failing in phase 2).

there's nothing wrong with 3 healing the fight, don't let people tell you their way to do it is the "only" way---it's nonsense and always has been. that said, MOST fights are structured around 3 healers, 5 dps and 2 tanks (some exceptions, obviously). if you're deviating from that, it should be your group makeup and performance that dictate why.

if you're not having trouble 2 healing it, great. but - like others - i think you're pushing it ignoring the 2nd set of adds (and, like others, we go 3 healers and ignore the 5th add, occasionally we ignore the 4th if we're really rocking the DPS). the questions is WHY would you ignore the 2nd add? are you having trouble getting the adds down? trouble handling the big adds? trouble keeping tanks alive after Fury of Cho'gall?

there's really no NEED to push the phase change until you're talking about an overwhelming number of little adds (around the 5th set) so I wonder what you get out of taking such a risk? better to get really good at placing the dark pools from which the little adds spawn, controlling the little adds and burning them down quickly and getting your dps back on the boss. once you get into that groove, it's a pretty easy fight in the first phase since it's just repeats and repeats (there are a limited number of mechanics to master).

Good luck to you!

My guild 2 heals it and we are able to push him as we get the third add
    We have never been able to push him with only 2 adds before and every one in the group is doing 18-21k dps