Deleted
    Btw how DO you people install it?
    I download glyph on c: drive, I download beta EU version, since Im a swede :P Only thing I'm worried about is people talk about a folder called Archeage in the glyph folder, but they dont want to save game there as default and no such folder is created unless I tell them to. It seems like it's free to install the game in which folder on your drive you like? Or is there some folder you should install it in?
    I tried random folders, I tried create an Archeage folder in glyph folder, but all I get is error message 1003.
    I tried run as administrator, deactivate adaware and windows firewall, still same.
    I didn't completely delete adaware but perhaps I could try that as a last resort.
    So, how did you people do the magick trick to make this game install?

Tea: I just clicked the Glyph link from the email they sent and installed it to the default directory they had for the program. Then installed Archeage from within Glyph.

The game is not that bad, the main story is pretty decent for a korean game. Even if I don't particularly like the combat, it isn't terrible (and I do like the combo system they have). However, if there is one thing that will stop me from playing it, it is the labor point system. I hate it and it is definitely game breaking for me at this point.

Until they change the pointless labor point system I don't think I can get into this.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Until they change the pointless labor point system I don't think I can get into this.
    I wanted to get an idea of how people that have been playing AA for a while thought about them and found this thread: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ame-unplayable. Replace Labor points with attunement and you could have pulled that straight from Wildstar discussions. Main difference is AA is f2p already so it may not matter as much for how the game does.

I'm hoping you get enough as a f2p player to at least get somewhere so I can decide if I want to play it for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I wanted to get an idea of how people that have been playing AA for a while thought about them and found this thread: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ame-unplayable. Replace Labor points with attunement and you could have pulled that straight from Wildstar discussions. Main difference is AA is f2p already so it may not matter as much for how the game does.

I'm hoping you get enough as a f2p player to at least get somewhere so I can decide if I want to play it for a while.
    While I've been playing the Alpha for quite a while now I wouldn't call myself an expert and I've never tried the game as F2P, but I'll do what I can to answer things.

Right now, it's true that free to play people have a hard time because things that shouldn't cost labour points actually do cost labour points, such as loot identification. This is being changed in a future update (around the time of open beta I believe) however and it should make life as a free to play person a lot easier. That being said, you will probably have some problems managing labor and you can't run around chopping down trees or gathering like a maniac. You'll definitely have to adapt your playstyle according to the labour income you have. I don't know the exact numbers, but I believe it's something like 5 labor every 5 minutes for F2P, which isn't a whole lot per hour and definitely not enough to keep up with a subscriber.

Essentially, I imagine you'll be able to manage fine as a free to play, but if you really want to get into the game for real, you'll either have to grind enough in-game currency to use the APEX system, or become a subscriber. You can't go into the game as a free-to-play and expect to be able to do everything at the same pace as subscribers, it's just not doable. Adapt and plan accordingly, and you'll have no problems... same as any game, really.

Holy hell, that thread makes me want to stab myself. Are there people seriously defending the labor point system in the West simply because it's even worse in Russia and Korea? I can't even... just...wow. Welp, guess I know that the official forums are a place I'll never bother visiting based on the posts I read in that thread. Fanboy central up in thur.

Is it even doing well in Russia? I can't imagine Russia being a gold mine for MMOs...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy hell, that thread makes me want to stab myself. Are there people seriously defending the labor point system in the West simply because it's even worse in Russia and Korea? I can't even... just...wow. Welp, guess I know that the official forums are a place I'll never bother visiting based on the posts I read in that thread. Fanboy central up in thur.
    Wow, I have been popping in from time to time to take a look at AA as it did sound interesting but this takes pay to play to a new level. Even the WOW free accounts are less limited than this. At this point, I doubt I will be looking at it again. It reminds me of the resources systems that mobile free to play games have. I am sure that they will get a lot of takers but it won't be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Even the WOW free accounts are less limited than this.
    Yeah, but no. I hate the LP system as much as the next rational guy, but this statement doesn't contain a single shred of truth to it.

At this point, I doubt I will be looking at it again. It reminds me of the resources systems that mobile free to play games have.
    A bit, yeah. Though instead of simply preventing you from playing at all, it prevents you from doing certain things.

Yeah, but no. I hate the LP system as much as the next rational guy, but this statement doesn't contain a single shred of truth to it.
    The reason why I say that is because the limits are specific (Max level and gold, parties and AH IIRC). I managed to take my daughters free character around the world and she could still do things. Basically play the game. The AA F2P limit seems to be one that fundamentally limits what you can do in game. It's something that limits the core of the gameplay whereas the WOW free one limits how far you can progress. Up until that level (and even when you reach it to a certain extent) you can do almost everything that a sub player can do.

I suppose it's also about the type of player. I could let my youngest daughter run around in wow and she normally gets bored by level 20 and starts a new character. I couldn't do the same with AA because she wouldn't be able to do much with the limits.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2014-08-15 at 06:01 PM.

How is one able to play World of Warcraft and "go around the world" at level 20? Like can you walk through the Dark Portal?

I find this reasoning somewhat dubious and likely a personal and incomplete usage of the term "play" in the context of the respective games here.

The AA F2P limit seems to be one that fundamentally limits what you can do in game.
    It limits certain activities, yes. But if you want to explore the whole world? You're free to do so (as Fencers said, you simply can't in WoW, even Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor due to high level zones). Want to go kill a million mobs all over? Yup, you can do that. It limits certain activities (specifically things like crafting/harvesting), but those are things that one would not consider "core" elements of the game for many folks.

I suppose it's also about the type of player. I could let my youngest daughter run around in wow and she normally gets bored by level 20 and starts a new character. I couldn't do the same with AA because she wouldn't be able to do much with the limits.
    She'd be able to run around just fine. Unless she's a big crafter, there's not much that LP blocks you from at low levels if you're just running around questing.

Is it even doing well in Russia? I can't imagine Russia being a gold mine for MMOs...
    There's probably a lot of things you can't imagine. Russia has 150 million citizens, other post-USSR countries (that is mainly Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, I doubt there's many gamers in shitholes like Azerbaijan or Georgia) have 60 million more. There are also other Russian-speaking countries (as in, they have many citizens that speak Russian rather than English in addition to their native language). And contrary to popular opinions, Russian internet doesn't run on vodka. So that's a lot of potential players.

There's a reason most MMORPGs, especially F2P ones, are translated to Russian in addition to English, French and German. Russian market is pretty big, it may not be a gold mine, but it's clearly perfectly profittable to enter it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How is one able to play World of Warcraft and "go around the world" at level 20? Like can you walk through the Dark Portal?

I find this reasoning somewhat dubious and likely a personal and incomplete usage of the term "play" in the context of the respective games here.
    One of the big selling points of AA is the building of houses, etc. There is no point in playing if you just want to run around questing as you can do that on pretty much any MMO. The big selling point is the one that is severely limited. You can go around, as an example, my daughter collected pets. I flew her around the various place buying pets from vendors. I also took her up to one of the higher level zones. IIRC she could PVP as well. Yes, it's an incomplete usage but my point is about limiting the biggest selling point of the game whereas the WOW trial was limiting in some ways but didn't limit the core of the game (at the time).

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, you can do that. It limits certain activities (specifically things like crafting/harvesting), but those are things that one would not consider "core" elements of the game for many folks.

She'd be able to run around just fine. Unless she's a big crafter, there's not much that LP blocks you from at low levels if you're just running around questing.
    I do think that the crafting is a core element to AA. It's the big draw card. Without it, isn't it just another MMO in a sea of MMO's?

Unfortunately, the kids are now into Minecraft so crafting is what holds their interest now days.

Yes, it's an incomplete usage but my point is about limiting the biggest selling point of the game whereas the WOW trial was limiting in some ways but didn't limit the core of the game (at the time).
    This doesn't make sense. The core the gameplay in World of Warcraft is the linear progression of a character's power.

If there is a limit to level in the trial then it is an absolute limit to the core gameplay goal and raison d'etre of World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This doesn't make sense. The core the gameplay in World of Warcraft is the linear progression of a character's power.

If there is a limit to level in the trial then it is an absolute limit to the core gameplay goal and raison d'etre of World of Warcraft.
    Yes. But the limitations in the one were not something that I banged my head against whereas the limitations in the other would be something that I would. I suppose it boils down to perceptions more than anything else. For me (in my context), the limitations of AA are prohibitive enough to effect me out of the gate and make the game not enjoyable whereas the limitations for the other were not something that impacted the game.

Deleted
    it is supposed to keep the economy and stuff balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    They need to figure out another way, then. Because it's a massive turnoff to have a Zynga-esque style system in place that prevents folks from doing a ton of activities unless they get one of these to keep them logged in forever or drop a bunch of cash in the store.

edit: Ugh, still no borderless windowed mode? Get on that shit, I can't stand this windowed nonsense. This is a PC game being released in the year 2014. Unacceptable.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-08-16 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    What a poor and cheap/lazy method to "stabilizing" the economy

"Hey let's stop players from playing the game to stabilize the economy" Like da fuck?