Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So... it's been two years.

Two years since any real content has been put into the game (talking actual content, raids, instances, zones, and such, not gamepass garbage.) I think we can all agree the game is in maintenance mode now... right?

Anyways, I haven't been paying attention to Rift at all these last two years. Is there any confirmed content plans or is Gamingo still hiding behind the "we're the new owners" excuse? Because I can't find anything.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Two years since any real content has been put into the game (talking actual content, raids, instances, zones, and such, not gamepass garbage.) I think we can all agree the game is in maintenance mode now... right?

Anyways, I haven't been paying attention to Rift at all these last two years. Is there any confirmed content plans or is Gamingo still hiding behind the "we're the new owners" excuse? Because I can't find anything.
    atleast I have had my good memories from it (Except last 2 expensions).

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    atleast I have had my good memories from it (Except last 2 expensions).
    I liked NMT in the fact that it was really fun to go to the PoW and kinda see what the team had envisioned for the different planes. Beyond that though... just kinda sucks being here.

take a look at literally nobody but slipmat getting their brand ambassador shillvalry on in this sub forum to give you a hint. Trion ran it into the ground and gamigo has tried to drum up some forms of constant revenue streams but the game is pretty far past the point of no return for userbase collapse given its piss poor content release schedule. I think FFXI has had more updates this year and Square called that mmo 'finished' like 2 years ago.

Slipmat is not even playing the game. I'm logging in still time to time because some of the my guildies are still playing, I'm just helping them and jumping in Tempest Bay thats all I do. The sad part is rift community has so may die- hards nowadays still defending gamigo and such. Game doesnt have proper content like years and not gonna get one soon. I talked one of the CM' she said gamigo is dont want to invest money in rift and we dont have enough resources + man power. I accepted its already dead so I dont think anyone can save rift at this point.

They are adding mostly boxes + re-colored mounts and such only. I think I'll stick with WOW Shadowlands when it comes out....

I already have fully gear like 2 years beside someone else...
    Last edited by Darkageman; 2019-11-03 at 12:16 PM.

I honestly kinda wanted to get back into it and see if there was still any fun to it. I was a "vanilla" player from launch who got out while Hammerknell was still the endgame, I've poked my head in the door a few times. It's damn disappointng to get the sense the game is on its last legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I honestly kinda wanted to get back into it and see if there was still any fun to it. I was a "vanilla" player from launch who got out while Hammerknell was still the endgame, I've poked my head in the door a few times. It's damn disappointng to get the sense the game is on its last legs.

I'm a veteran player I still miss old times tho compared to this crap xpac. But things are happened rift is not handling well. It's so damn disappointing indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkageman View Post
    I'm a veteran player I still miss old times tho compared to this crap xpac. But things are happened rift is not handling well. It's so damn disappointing indeed..
    My lasting memory of the Rift community was the 1.3 memes when the devs said "these changes were not intended to address that..." re: a bunch of stuff including Riftstalker tanking being in terrible shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    My lasting memory of the Rift community was the 1.3 memes when the devs said "these changes were not intended to address that..." re: a bunch of stuff including Riftstalker tanking being in terrible shape.
    Man I still remember Saboteur Exploit we were killing ya 30-40 people in Conquest with 3-5 dot. Ah good old times I missed those times...

i still check back every now and then hoping for something interesting to happen with the game
    just still hopeing

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    i still check back every now and then hoping for something interesting to happen with the game
    just still hopeing
    I'm logging for my minions and doing raid with my guildies then logging off.

So this game still exists...somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I played this game during Beta and it's first few months live, when people still called it THE WoW killer.

Good ol' times. Some really good memories too, pretty decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    So this game still exists...somehow.
    Rift is barely trying to survive. Offical forum is a drama bla bla.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame...really enjoyed the game (class play is a big thing for me in a mmo and the soul system is just awesome) I've played it a little here and there recently but hard to enjoy it when it's so dead and the problems it has with lag sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    It's a shame...really enjoyed the game (class play is a big thing for me in a mmo and the soul system is just awesome) I've played it a little here and there recently but hard to enjoy it when it's so dead and the problems it has with lag sometimes
    Yea that hard spikes happening time to times. Its not enjoyable when you are raiding tho...

tasty and fresh,
    I skipped through the video to see if I could find anything related to Rift and couldn't. Do you know if there was anything in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    I skipped through the video to see if I could find anything related to Rift and couldn't. Do you know if there was anything in there?
    You can see the game revenues in the video rift has %3 trove and archeage is like %20 %4 defiance. They are showing some kinda upcoming updates for some old titles for them. They mention nothing for Rift. But report before that they said Rift will get some kinda stuff but seems like they changed the plan

You can see the game revenues in the video rift has %3 trove and archeage is like %20 %4 defiance. They are showing some kinda upcoming updates for some old titles for them. They mention nothing for Rift. But report before that they said Rift will get some kinda stuff but seems like they changed the plan
    I think there's only one appropriate response to that.