Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Get any cheap optical drive it'll basically be the same.

For hard drives you can go with F3, F4, or any Cav Black

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I raid on Ultra with a GTS 450 >.> In fact, I play Crysis 2 on Very High with a GTS 450 .-.
    Edit: At 1920 x 1080
    30-45 fps here with settings on high while doing 25-man Nefarian (hardmode) on the computer listed in signature. So no, the OP's parts list will not be playable on ultra in 25-man raids. And neither is yours unless you're talking about 10-mans.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    30-45 fps here with settings on high while doing 25-man Nefarian (hardmode) on the computer listed in signature. So no, the OP's parts list will not be playable on ultra in 25-man raids. And neither is yours unless you're talking about 10-mans.
    It all comes down to what people classify as playable. Some people are perfectly happy with raiding at lower FPS with higher quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    It all comes down to what people classify as playable. Some people are perfectly happy with raiding at lower FPS with higher quality.
    I disable shadows when I raid, I guess I'm cheating. I have videos of my Crysis 2 Gameplay up (Very High graphics being harder on your GPU than WoW) where you'll never see any noticeable drop in FPS.

I disable shadows when I raid, I guess I'm cheating.
    Dont say you raid on ultra if you don't raid on ultra. It's that simple. Because of 'cheating' like this people have unrealistic expectations of what the real framerate will be.

I have videos of my Crysis 2 Gameplay up (Very High graphics being harder on your GPU than WoW) where you'll never see any noticeable drop in FPS.
    Crysis is GPU limited, raiding in WoW is CPU limited. Apples and Oranges.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Try This
    The "Sweet Spot" build.
    How is Phenom X6 any kind of sweet spot? It's 2-3 wasted cores in most games, and the remaining cores are not close to new Intel CPUs. Rather go with H67 mobo and something like i5-2400 CPU if you're not going to OC the Phenom to 4+ GHz. Even then it would struggle against the i5.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 10:37 PM ----------

I disable shadows when I raid, I guess I'm cheating. I have videos of my Crysis 2 Gameplay up (Very High graphics being harder on your GPU than WoW) where you'll never see any noticeable drop in FPS.
    If you disable shadows, don't talk like you actually raid on ultra settings. It's a complete lie.

P.S About Crysis 2, what is this "Very high"? My Crysis 2 has only Gamer, Advanced, and Hardcore
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2011-04-05 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Hey, I was thinking of buying a new computer as my Macbook sucks at gaming. I was wondering if this would be able to play WoW on Ultra and how much FPS I would have in raids if I have only vent and firefox up and so on. I would also be able to record some Youtube videos sometimes (not when raiding). If you have any suggestions please post them.

Here's the computer

Cooler Master Elite 430 Midi Tower Black
    Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU
    AMD Athlon II X4 640
    ASUS M4A87TD/USB3, Socket-AM3
    ZOTAC GeForce GTS 450 1GB AMP! ®
    Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9
    Western Digital Caviar® Blue 500GB
    Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Burner, AD-7260S
    MS COA Label Windows Home Premium 7
    MS DVD Win H.P/Pro/Ultimate 7 SE 64bit
    MS MANUAL Win Home Premium 7 SE
    MS ROYALTY Win Home Premium 7 Nordic

This would all cost 665 euro. 950 USD. 6200 SEK. 580 GBP and so on :P

I live in sweden if that matters.
    not really familiar with prices over there, but that seems like an amazingly expensive price for a Athlon 640. Look into the Phenom line like maybe a 820, or if you are familiar with Overclocking, you could probably juice up a 555 and get more bang for the buck even tho it's just a dual core.
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    How is Phenom X6 any kind of sweet spot? It's 2-3 wasted cores in most games, and the remaining cores are not close to new Intel CPUs. Rather go with H67 mobo and something like i5-2400 CPU if you're not going to OC the Phenom to 4+ GHz. Even then it would struggle against the i5.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 10:37 PM ----------

If you disable shadows, don't talk like you actually raid on ultra settings. It's a complete lie.

P.S About Crysis 2, what is this "Very high"? My Crysis 2 has only Gamer, Advanced, and Hardcore
    Update your Crysis 2 or quit using the cracked version.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Dont say you raid on ultra if you don't raid on ultra. It's that simple. Because of 'cheating' like this people have unrealistic expectations of what the real framerate will be.

Crysis is GPU limited, raiding in WoW is CPU limited. Apples and Oranges.
    Which is why my point stood for my GPU, not CPU.
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-04-06 at 02:35 AM.

I'm no expert with AMD. I wouldn't even remotely think of buying an AMD until Bulldozer comes out, and even then, I'd probably stick with Intel. AMD has a pattern of "Cheap - But it shows in our performance" products.
    AMD is in no way cheap. I think you should stop spreading biased false information. Currently Intel has the lead performance wise, but AMD offers cheap mobos + CPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
    AMD is in no way cheap. I think you should stop spreading biased false information. Currently Intel has the lead performance wise, but AMD offers cheap mobos + CPUs.
    Excuse me? AMD is cheap. As in, they make cheap mobos + CPU. They'll never be better than the i3,i5,i7 respectively until Bulldozer comes out.

I raid on Ultra with a GTS 450 >.> In fact, I play Crysis 2 on Very High with a GTS 450 .-.
    Edit: At 1920 x 1080
    You are aware that the processor is usually the bottleneck for WoW, right?

Also, running with shadows off isn't running on ultra. My old 9600 C2D can run WoW on "ultra" then.

Deleted
    I don't really care about the shadows too much :P