[10H] Valiona/Theralion Blackout

So our guild is working on this encounter and I go holy for it to use GS on blackout targets. Sometimes it works to save them, and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else encountering this, or have an ideas on why it's happening?

I believe there is a cap on how much it can actually stop(4x the players maximum health?). I could be wrong though. There is also a 1 minute ICD on it's benefit, so if you have 2 holy priests use it on that same person in that time it may not work.

There is a cap to how much it will counter.

On another note, have you tried using other gimmicks for this, IE : Ice Block, Divine Shield, Dispersion etc. GS should be used for those clutch situations where there aren't any alternatives to use.

Suiciding is also an option (less so in 10 man, but it's still there if you have a Soul Stone)

My advice would be to go through logs and make sure that person isn't taking meteors etc when they're dying, make sure you have hots etc rolling on that person (Insp is a good thing to TRY to get up, along with other damage reducing effects.)

Hope this helps you guys, Good luck!
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

I anot sure either, when we were trying it out we think they might be eating a meteor the same time blackout goes off from either healing or ticking off. Hope this helps!

yeah GS doesnt work anymore as it has around 300k absorb cap and anymore dmg than this will make the target die, just like mages caurterise no longer works so ppl just have to either use immunities or cloak of shadows and dipersion to counter it if not grouped up.

the only time GS may work is if inspiration is up and maybe a pain supp but its very risky and there is a good chance the target will die.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2011-04-05 at 10:48 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Our priest tried using GS on Blackout targets but it didn't work too well for us either. He said it was nerfed a lot recently to I think 200% the target's HP, so if the Blackout target has 140k HP and Blackout hits him for 280.1k, he's a goner. From my experience, at least on 10, it hasn't worked hehe.

if you want to deal with blackout that way you have to let it expire, and not heal the blackout.

I can confirm that both gs and cauterize work. Had a mage live with no gs. GS works for us every single time you still have to dodge meteors while gs is up.

People really really need to stop saying GS doesn't work, it has worked 3 weeks in a row for us with 0 deaths, avoid the falling meteors and don't fail.

Also you can not heal the guardian spirited blackout off IT HAS TO EXPIRE TO 0.

O, awesome, thanks. I'm guessing the damage from healing/dispelling is more than the one from expiring?

On 10 man guardian spirit can work if its paired with a damage reduction cooldown but its risky. Basically GS can work if you can reduce the damage enough so it doesn't exceed the GS damage limit.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    yeah GS doesnt work anymore as it has around 300k absorb cap and anymore dmg than this will make the target die, just like mages caurterise no longer works so ppl just have to either use immunities or cloak of shadows and dipersion to counter it if not grouped up.

the only time GS may work is if inspiration is up and maybe a pain supp but its very risky and there is a good chance the target will die.
    First off why would inspiration -10% physical damage do anything to blackout, 2nd why would you even bring a disc priest to that fight.

According to the patch notes:
    Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.

Blackout—Dispellable debuff placed on a player, absorbs 20,000 healing and when dispelled or expired causes 250,000 shadow damage split between all nearby players.

Logically, this means for GS to "save" someone, they have to have at least 125K health. And I assure you that everyone in our group does.

It DOES work....... about half the time. So what we're investigating is why it's not all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnut View Post
    On 10 man guardian spirit can work if its paired with a damage reduction cooldown but its risky. Basically GS can work if you can reduce the damage enough so it doesn't exceed the GS damage limit.
    We save our -damage cooldowns (raid wall) for when we have to group to heal a blackout off.

I'll just say again we never have a gs blackout person die unless that person is inadvertently healed (which has happened).

GS rotation for the first set of blackouts should be immune if can or stack, gs.
    GS rotation for the 2nd set of blackouts should be immune if can or stack, immune if can or stack, gs.

Our healers tense up when blackout is up because they know it healed off they will die. Your raid shouldn't take much damage during that phase at all so only the tank will really need healing.
    Last edited by ttkyle; 2011-04-05 at 11:18 PM.

Could you just use hand of sacrifice to reduce some of the damage to help though? Or is it calculated differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionaz View Post
    Could you just use hand of sacrifice to reduce some of the damage to help though? Or is it calculated differently.
    Dunno, we have two paladins and never do that. We don't have deaths unless it's healed off (we looked at death logs everytime).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    I can confirm that both gs and cauterize work. Had a mage live with no gs. GS works for us every single time you still have to dodge meteors while gs is up.

People really really need to stop saying GS doesn't work, it has worked 3 weeks in a row for us with 0 deaths, avoid the falling meteors and don't fail.

Also you can not heal the guardian spirited blackout off IT HAS TO EXPIRE TO 0.
    quoting to get the correct answer some more face time

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by MalooTakant View Post
    quoting to get the correct answer some more face time
    Quoting for the sake of quoting.