Ipod Touch Syncing Problems

My Ipod says that I have to sync it to Itunes, but whenever I do, Itunes says that my Ipod has a passcode lock and I have to put it in before I can sync it. I've tried resetting the Ipod, but It just goes back to the same screen and won't change. I've looked on the Apple support forums and I couldn't find anything, So I figured someone here may know what to do. It's a 3rd generation 32 gig Ipod Touch, if that helps.

Deleted
    Maybe remove the password lock? Or reset all settings, it usually help.

Are you using OSX or windows?

OSX. The problem is, I can't do anything to my Ipod without going to Itunes, but i can't do anything with it on the computer until i unlock it. The "connect to Itunes" screen pops up on my ipod, and I've tried restarting it, but that doesn't work.

Google for something to kick it out of recovery mode. There's a few programs that should do it, been a while since I tainted myself with iDevices. If none of them will work, off to Apple Support you go. Also, the reason it does that is so someone who steals a passlocked iDevice, shouldn't be able to restore it to get rid of the code, at least in theory.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Google for something to kick it out of recovery mode. There's a few programs that should do it, been a while since I tainted myself with iDevices. If none of them will work, off to Apple Support you go. Also, the reason it does that is so someone who steals a passlocked iDevice, shouldn't be able to restore it to get rid of the code, at least in theory.
    DL TinyUmbrella http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Click your iPod in the window and hit kick out of recovery.

Are you jailbroken?

15+ Year Old Account
    What version is your iTouch running? Settings -> General -> About -> Version
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    What version is your iTouch running? Settings -> General -> About -> Version
    Can't get into my Ipod, it's stuck on the connect to Itunes screen

I'm not Jailbroken

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you remember if you kept it up to date or was it running an older version?

Have you ever had a passcode lock on it in the past?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I think I was running iOs 4.0, but I'm not sure.
    My passcode lock was 0852

We don't need to know what your passcode is..... ie not something you share over the internet.
    Do what's been suggested.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

I have done what I've been told, but TinyUmbrella doesn't recognize my Ipod now. The Enter and Exit recovery mode buttons can't be clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Google for something to kick it out of recovery mode. There's a few programs that should do it.
    Bolded the important part, not all programs will work for all people. If nothing works, have fun at an apple store.