Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nice work bro, lets hope see something from that in future.
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

Deleted
    yay turalyon and alleria :'O wonder if they r alive....or "alive". but what is the purple disease in Fields of Farahlon ? i wanna know naaaaaooo ! >_< maybe the earth itself is addicted to magic now after so much farming from Kaelthas and nature is now leeching the energies of its inhabitants....maybe. i dont see why scryers and aldor would fight eachother when they r being invaded from all directions. gief evil naaru and ethereals taking over tempest keep. i like the giants though !

and what happened to the ogres ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Procadin View Post
    yay turalyon and alleria :'O wonder if they r alive....or "alive". but what is the purple disease in Fields of Farahlon ? i wanna know naaaaaooo ! >_< maybe the earth itself is addicted to magic now after so much farming from Kaelthas and nature is now leeching the energies of its inhabitants....maybe. i dont see why scryers and aldor would fight eachother when they r being invaded from all directions. gief evil naaru and ethereals taking over tempest keep. i like the giants though !

and what happened to the ogres ???
    The ogres are so few and stubborn so they still are on the island in the very small questhub, but they may be seen again in other zones and they could be a big part of the raid on the island. I would like to have them as a organization

The scryers and aldors in Farahlon have really gone out of control in their hate for each other. They are supposed to watch over Tempest Keep as a whole together, but because of their hate for each other their lust for control took over. Also maybe a outside or inside force have had a hand in this madness. They will not be hostile towards you, well at least not the one you choose to join, but who knows what will happen. Who the new leader of the Sunfury is are still a mystery and maybe Kael have captured more Naaru's and affected them before he left of for the Sunwell. The Consortium in Farahlon are the only ethereals only faction, but the Burning Legion or the Sunfury remnants may have recruited a few.

The purple disease are one of the main plots in the zone and it may not be as easily cured as one would believe. Personally not even i have thought out what the source are supposed to be xD

Deleted
    Everyone is thinking the Outland as it's still Draenor. No, that's plain wrong.

Outland is nothing more than a continent that was part of Draenor, floating on the Twisting Nether. There is no way it would get back a ocean, for example. We can't just pick up random floating islands and put them together and call it Draenor. First, it wouldn't be a planet, second, it wouldn't be old Draenor and third, it wouldn't be in space.

If Blizz wants to rework on Outland, let it be used to be a base to attack the other Legion worlds. Cataclysm teached us that it can work with instanced zones (Deepholm, now Firelands).

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    REBUILD OF DRAENOR

REVAMPED ZONES:
    - The twisting nether has been replaced with the green waters of Devouring Sea.
    - Netherstorm is now called Fields of Farahlon and is under heavy siege from the northern island crowded by demons.
    - Blade's Edge Mountains is now territory of the Ogre empire. The Mok'nathal are making a resistance.
    - Zangarmarsh is rotting as the waters are getting corrupted by the presence of an Old God.
    - Terokkar Forest (and Shattrath) are constantly being attacked by the Burning Legion and their new undead army.
    - Nagrand is in a brutal two-sided war between the Orcs, Broken and Burning Legion.
    - Hellfire Peninsula is being cleansed and repopulated by red forests, green creeks and natives.
    - Shadowmoon Valley, under Akama's watch, has its temple of Karabor rebuilt. The cleanse was interrupted by demons and a new threat from within.

NEW ZONES:
    - Frostmaw Glacier, north of Blade's Edge Mountains.
    - Shalaar, west of Zangarmarsh and Blade's Edge Mountains.
    - Mag'har Prairie, soutwest of Nagrand.
    - Jadefire Jungle, south of Nagrand and Terokkar Forest.
    - Nightfall Plateau, southeast of Shadowmoon Valley.
    - Netherwing Archipelago, east of Hellfire Peninsula.

Special thanks to:
    trulte, for your lore suggestions.
    Procadin, for your lore and geographic ideas.
    Orvanoc, for the Ogre conception.
    Migari, for your geographic ideas and nice artwork.

Terrible idea.

HEY EVERYBODY LETS INTENTIONALLY REHASH OLD CONTENT AS A CONCEPT. Not like that hasn't happened before...

Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Everyone is thinking the Outland as it's still Draenor. No, that's plain wrong.
    The idea behind this concept is that Outland has been reformed into a proper world, more like its original self.

We can't just pick up random floating islands and put them together and call it Draenor. First, it wouldn't be a planet, second, it wouldn't be old Draenor and third, it wouldn't be in space.
    Sure we can. Magic. Draw the floating islands into their original configuration with Med'an acting as a magic-based core, conjure oceans, and shift the whole shebang out of the Twisting Nether. Good as new. Well, almost, but that can be part of the new plot.

Heck, there could even be parts that are still undergoing reintegration into the world, with floating fragments drifting into place and wreathed in magical energies as Med'an draws fragments out of the Nether and into their proper place.

Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    Terrible idea.

HEY EVERYBODY LETS INTENTIONALLY REHASH OLD CONTENT AS A CONCEPT. Not like that hasn't happened before...

Oh wait...
    Duh. What do you think inspired taking a look at untouched content like Outland and Northrend in the first place?

Better idea - let's never touch them at all so they remain static and unchanging forever, leaving a great big boring hump in the middle of gameplay progression while everything else around it gets more and more interesting. That's totally what should have happened with the 1-60 stuff too.

Much better idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The idea behind this concept is that Outland has been reformed into a proper world, more like its original self.

Sure we can. Magic. Draw the floating islands into their original configuration with Med'an acting as a magic-based core, conjure oceans, and shift the whole shebang out of the Twisting Nether. Good as new. Well, almost, but that can be part of the new plot.

Heck, there could even be parts that are still undergoing reintegration into the world, with floating fragments drifting into place and wreathed in magical energies as Med'an draws fragments out of the Nether and into their proper place.
    You kinda missed my point, you can't reform Draenor back, because Draenor no longer exists. Simple as that. The new planet wouldn't be Draenor.

But there is also the lore problem. Magic doesn't work like that. You see the state of Netherstorm? That's the result of power raw magic. Magic, especially the Twisting Nether magic, it's destructive. Of course, I'm not even going to talk about the missing ley lines.

If you said technology, MAYBE could work, but reforming it into a shape of a planet?... It took the Titans YEARS to reshape Azeroth and they had huge space machines and living robots to do it.

Anyway, it would also be a complete waste of resources, especially when there are thousands of planets out there, many of them Legion worlds. It's cheaper to reconquer Argus, Xoroth, etc than rebuilding a entire planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    Terrible idea.

Oh wait...
    So you dont like cataclysm revamped zones?
    Theese are the best part of cataclysm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You kinda missed my point, you can't reform Draenor back, because Draenor no longer exists. Simple as that. The new planet wouldn't be Draenor.
    Fine. It can be New Draenor. Or Draenor Junior. Let's call it Draenor for short.

The focus is on the reconstruction of a world, not semantics about what to call it.

But there is also the lore problem. Magic doesn't work like that. You see the state of Netherstorm? That's the result of power raw magic. Magic, especially the Twisting Nether magic, it's destructive. Of course, I'm not even going to talk about the missing ley lines.
    Magic is magic. It doesn't need an explanation. Even if it did, it's really not that difficult to come up with one - Med'an is the Guardin of Tirisfal - that's big mojo. The story is that he moves Outland out of the Twisting Nether and stitches it back together with magic. He could probably weave new ley lines too, although I don't know what they have to do with anything.

Anyway, it would also be a complete waste of resources, especially when there are thousands of planets out there, many of them Legion worlds. It's cheaper to reconquer Argus, Xoroth, etc than rebuilding a entire planet.
    Somehow I doubt assaulting a planet fully in the grip of the Burning Legion would be the softer option here.

What about Pandaria, Zandaalar, Plunder Isle and Tel Abim all undiscovered places in Azeroth, and Im sure there will be content in the south like northrend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Nope, everything that you put up here has no real story to it, let alone rebuilding an entire planet with the Naaru who do not intervene in such matters and the Sun Well, I mean really? The Sun Well?
    I agree. I mean, seriously, rebuilding Outland? Why the heck would you like to do that, when there are more worlds that could be explored by opening new portals? Also, there is no such force on Azeroth that would be able to handle such a thing, ever, unless you count Sargeras, who is currently "dead" (Yeah, that guy will sure help.). The only beings that were ever capable of doing such a feat were the titans and no one in Azeroth, not even the Dragon Aspects like Deathwing and Alexstrasza, have the power they possessed.

The most viable options for a new expansion are either the Emerald Dream, including islands that exist between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms (Pandarens, anyone?), or a portal opening up a new zone, like for instance Argus, the original home of the Eredar/Draenei.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-04-12 at 05:21 AM.

Yes and the expansion after that can be the rebuilding of the rebuilding of Azeroth.......

I like the thought put in to it aswell as lore viability of it, but the concept of mending a broken world seems old by now, because of the Cataclysm we have now.

If we want something, which has a demon or Outland-like theme, I think Argus or Emerald Dream would be nice choices.

Besides, for a new player, going to a leveling route of "Azeroth-Outland-Northrend-Azeroth-Outland" would be very weird, but I guess for someone who actually reads the lore or quests it would barely make sense.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2011-04-12 at 05:22 AM.

All expansions remaining before Titan are already in production. Have fun playing make believe if you want, but the decisions have already been made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Fine. It can be New Draenor. Or Draenor Junior. Let's call it Draenor for short.

The focus is on the reconstruction of a world, not semantics about what to call it.

Magic is magic. It doesn't need an explanation. Even if it did, it's really not that difficult to come up with one - Med'an is the Guardin of Tirisfal - that's big mojo. The story is that he moves Outland out of the Twisting Nether and stitches it back together with magic. He could probably weave new ley lines too, although I don't know what they have to do with anything.

Somehow I doubt assaulting a planet fully in the grip of the Burning Legion would be the softer option here.
    The magic in "WoW" does have its restrictions. If you are not a very, very, very powerful magic wielder, you will not be able to deal with the thing that is described, here. Only the Titans have ever possessed the powers required to form planets and there is no force on Azeroth who would be able to deal with it. Heck, just look at the Kirin Tor, for example. It took them years to fix Dalaran up and make it fly up in the air and they had probably a few hundred Mages for that (May I recall that they are among the most powerful mortal magic wielders in Azeroth.). Just think of how long this would take, if it was even remotely possible.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-04-12 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Procadin View Post
    wait wait wait ! need some music.

*images runing around 7 revamped zoned and 10 other possible zones cleaving demons with my axe*

mmmmm, i approve. i will get some coke before i give u some ideas ! glad u decided to take the outland expansion in ur own hand
    This made reading this thread much more enjoyable
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Really great idea I personally loved the bc expansion not just for black temple & the demons but for the landscapes & the diversity among the zones, but am I the only that feels that if this idea were to be made into an expansion that ruins of karabor should serve as the new neutral city if they decide to make one in a future expansion. And if so you mentioned a force within or something of that nature so could this be stating a raid?

This is just theorycrafting from what you've given me

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    REBUILD OF DRAENOR

REVAMPED ZONES:
    - The twisting nether has been replaced with the green waters of Devouring Sea.
    - Netherstorm is now called Fields of Farahlon and is under heavy siege from the northern island crowded by demons.
    - Blade's Edge Mountains is now territory of the Ogre empire. The Mok'nathal are making a resistance.
    - Zangarmarsh is rotting as the waters are getting corrupted by the presence of an Old God.
    - Terokkar Forest (and Shattrath) are constantly being attacked by the Burning Legion and their new undead army.
    - Nagrand is in a brutal two-sided war between the Orcs, Broken and Burning Legion.
    - Hellfire Peninsula is being cleansed and repopulated by red forests, green creeks and natives.
    - Shadowmoon Valley, under Akama's watch, has its temple of Karabor rebuilt. The cleanse was interrupted by demons and a new threat from within.

NEW ZONES:
    - Frostmaw Glacier, north of Blade's Edge Mountains.
    - Shalaar, west of Zangarmarsh and Blade's Edge Mountains.
    - Mag'har Prairie, soutwest of Nagrand.
    - Jadefire Jungle, south of Nagrand and Terokkar Forest.
    - Nightfall Plateau, southeast of Shadowmoon Valley.
    - Netherwing Archipelago, east of Hellfire Peninsula.

Special thanks to:
    trulte, for your lore suggestions.
    Procadin, for your lore and geographic ideas.
    Orvanoc, for the Ogre conception.
    Migari, for your geographic ideas and nice artwork.
    argh... more... revamp... gah... noooooooooooes :< 5.0.3 outlands suffers massive catastrophic changes, when deathgeras wing comes, smashes everything, and you go back to outlands to cleanse the land and deliver the unduer to a unmerciful death, having players to grind 1 reputation, 1 raid, and 1 new dungeon, and 10 revamped dungeons, and you now will go one shot, oom with one heal, and do 1 damage every 10 seconds. normal mode will be be called "you can't be casual to clear this" mode.

in addition, chuck norris will be a quest giver. when you talk to him, he kicks you with a backflip and you die. he will also slay every other quest giver and friendly and unfriendly player in the area, clearing outlands completly, sending players to westfall upon release. this is working as intended.

i hope it doesn't go this way! :P

Deleted
    So much hate. It seems like I will have to drop my new and exciting (lol) class concept and concentrate on this before it gets a terrible death. I have to explain to the people that THIS will be the expansion there you will fight the Burning Legion to your last breath and see ARGUS as the last "zone" and raid. You cannot invade an demon swarmed place of ash and fire with a force of mortals. And I do not agree with the "derp, titans had to work day and night to create our planet... and it took them armies of titans to fight Old Gods and their elementals and the Burning Legion". A woman fucking killed the avatar of Sargeras and a mortal wounded Sargeras' real body. We have killed so many powerful things in our World of Warcraft progression that the titans didn't care to fight and even couldn't defeat, and you still that the most overpowered Guardian of Tirisfal (stronger than the one that killed Sargeras' avatar) cannot rebuild a planet?!

I think that those that do not believe in the silly overpowerness of Med'an and the might of the current mortals is stuck in the LOTR universe. We could kill the titans if we united the Horde and the Alliance, which probably many don't want *tinfoil hat*. And stop with the revamped talk when this will have twice the more content than Cataclysm. Jesus christ, are people still talking about the Emerald Dream, Pandaren and Demon Hunters? I've lost faith...
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-12 at 08:27 AM.

It took us years to get the redridge bridge fixed... now an entire planet?