How to set GPU in performance mode.

Some question regarding this.

How do I put my 8800GTS 512mb into performance mode? Will I see more FPS and better graphics? Also, will I see a jump in the temp of my GPU?

I looked in my NVIDIA control panel and I looked in every options and no luck finding a option to turn performance mode on.

Deleted
    Um, those settings are normally only present with laptop GPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "performance mode" for the 8800GTS since it doesn't have power states. It was the GeForce 9 series and above that received Power States to downclock on idle or low-2d/low-3d states.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Ohh. Okay because someone said I could.. Guess they were wrong. lol

Do you have the normal drivers, or do you also have the system tools (with system monitors, GPU tweaking etc.)?

If not, try downloading them here From there, you get acces to most of the settings required to boost your GPU power

Quote Originally Posted by Mestofiles View Post
    Do you have the normal drivers, or do you also have the system tools (with system monitors, GPU tweaking etc.)?

If not, try downloading them here From there, you get acces to most of the settings required to boost your GPU power
    Yeah, I have the system tools. Someone told me there was a option to set the card into performance mode. Clearly he was wrong! Good thing I asked here before I went messing with stuff. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    "Performance mode"? Do you mean just sliding the graphics settings onto High Performance lol? Or go into individual settings and change everything from Quality to High Performance = /
    The nVidia control panel has little tooltips telling you what to select for maximum performance...
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze