Deleted

First person view! .... ?

Alright so a guildie needed a hc boost on his alt after the raid, we'r all very tired but agreed.

But to spice it up we all scrolled in as far as we could to get a first person view. Funny as hell, honestly try it.

To my question, does anyone actually play like this? haha

wtf is an "hc boost"?

Deleted
    Hc Dungeon!

I have a couple times just to run around with but when fighting I don't use it often as its hard to see anything. I'll usualy use it when on a land mount and turn on the head bob settings and mess with the camera following speed so when I run up hill it tilts up and when running down it slowly tilts down kinda like a slow roller coaster ride.

I feel more immersed in the game when using 1st person. Every dungeon looks completely different from that view.

Too bad it sucks for actual gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it sometimes.. it feels weird and like you're missing tons of things going around you (eventhough it's meant to be like what your character is seeing for real).
    I play with max zoom out

Quote Originally Posted by Pikozz View Post
    Alright so a guildie needed a hc boost on his alt after the raid, we'r all very tired but agreed.

But to spice it up we all scrolled in as far as we could to get a first person view. Funny as hell, honestly try it.

I used to do this sometimes while healing in Wrath. Nothing more fun than shooting Penance and Prayer of Mending from your FACE.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    FPW is pretty radical...as a hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo View Post
    Tried it sometimes.. it feels weird and like you're missing tons of things going around you (eventhough it's meant to be like what your character is seeing for real).
    I play with max zoom out
    haha same, but gotta say it was so damn fun. Was in BRC and i accidently tanked the boss in the middle, instantly 17 stacks and he was dead. Took roughly 30-40 secs to get him down

Quote Originally Posted by Pikozz View Post

Haha yea, this made me remember some good memories...I have been doing 1st person view dick-around raids since MC 1.0 and its always a blast...and at the same time so epic getting a firsthand view of just a foot of the huuuuuge boss you're fighting...and almost scary to look up cuz you'd shit yourself if you were to see that IRL.

This sounds interesting. I must try this some time!

I have wondered and thought about this for atleast 3 years now...
    In the Groves of Death

Deleted
    When you play like that, you experience the game as the characters does. And it's damn hard. Everybody in the guild tried it in Karazhan back in the days. We wiped on Shade of Aran though, but it was damn fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol I'm totally gonna try that in a heroic tonight. Sounds like itll be fun/hard, especially since I play with like 3/4 of my screen covered by addons :P.

I generally played while SUPER ZOOMED OUT.

By that I mean I had one of those macros that bypasses the in-game zoom limit so I could see whole raid rooms at once. Gotta love being able to see shit happen when you're the tank.

I think Blizzard should implement toe cam, a foot-based point of view that is based on the ground looking up to make it easier to avoid fire/slime/void and there are certainly other advantages to having a camera on your foot pointing up.

/coolface

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you can zoom out?

I remember back in Kara, we had a mage in our guild that had been a founding member from level 1. We were on Horseman I think and he suddenly says, "Wow, it's a lot better when you zoom out!"

Yeah we found out that he had been playing in first person for 70 levels. No idea how he managed.