Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like the people that think Blizzard can somehow lower the queues without getting more people to tank, as if somewhere in the code it says:

IF ( role = damage)
    queue > 40 minutes
    Beta Club Brosquad

My problem with CTA is that it isn't fixing the underlying problem, it's adding a lollypop for certain players to get them to... well, play the game.

Some ways to alleviate the tank/healer shortage without incentivizing the crap out of everything:

1. Allow more gear sharing between our characters - Let me spend my excess JP or VP on a few tanking/healing goodies I can then send to an alt character. This will let me gear up a tank or healer a little more easily, but also won't fully kit them out and remove any need/want for me to run dungeons.

2. Allow us to switch characters without logging out. If I feel like tanking or healing, I should be able to get on my tank/healer in a flash.

3. Give us tri- or quad-specs. This way, players will not have to choose between PVP-Heals, PVE-Heals, PVE-Tank, PVP-DPS, PVP-Tank, etc. Remove manual respecing. It's antiquated.

4. And above all... make healing and tanking as fun as it can be. Don't get me wrong, they've come a long way since Classic... for tanks, at least. I played a main-tank raiding warrior in Classic and it was PAINFUL compared to now.

5. Also, keep the dungeons fresh. 4.1's ZA and ZG will help revitalize the queues, but soon you'll see drop-off again. The solution may be to open up wings of dungeons as the expansion goes on, adding a boss or two, nothing too time-consuming, but keeping the experience a little more interesting as time goes on. They did this for Archavon in Wrath and it seemed to work well - most groups would go in for the latest Archavon boss, but they'd also swing by the others for easy badges/loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    As far as CTA, WGAS, really? I can't control what Blizzard does and they're gonna do what they're gonna do. I remain unconvinced that this will solve queue problems long term. People don't tank or heal for lots of reasons, including not wanted to deal with lousy players, failed runs or whatever. I'm not just talking about not so good DPS, but tanks not wanted to get bad healers and vice versa as well. I don't see perqs all of a sudden motivating tanks/heals to queue because all of the things they don't like about doing randoms is still true.

What I predict is an uptick in tanks/heals queueing for a while, followed by a return to current levels when tanks/heals remember why they don't want to heal/tank randoms.

I certainly hope Blizzard implements some controls too. Tanks/heals queueing more doesn't help me, as DPS, if they don't stick around to finish the instance. As it is too many players bail after just one wipe in a heroic. You can't force successful
    completion of an instance, but there needs to be some things in place to prevent abuse like a tank or healer queueing,
    running a bit of the instance and bailing, etc.
    If they bail, they miss the loot.

I'd say the main reason good tanks don't queue is because they don't want to deal with bad dps or healers. I also think that good dps and healers don't queue because of wait time and that they don't really need any VP. From a geared dps perspective, I really dong feel like waiting 50 min to end up carrying a group's damage for a reward that I do not have a use for anymore(VP). This "Only reward the tanks" idea is not a good one. It isn't going to make the geared players come back to tryin to farm the heroics for a mount. Only the geared tanks. And because it actually isn't solving the reason the geared tanks don't queue it really won't be a long term fix to the problem of long queues.

Deleted
    No rewards that blizzard offers me can be awesome enough to make me queue alone as a tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh, another topic with "hate" in it. How refreshing.

On topic: make them BoA and one-use-only. We need tanks, if healers or dps whine, fuck em.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Imo this is just something to encourage people to tank more, if it will not work it will propably be taken away and something else will take its place...
    BTW, has anyone else noticed that NOTHING what blizzard implements is without qq...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    BTW, has anyone else noticed that NOTHING what blizzard implements is without qq...
    Yup, but that goes with it being an MMO. Lots of players means lots of conflicting opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexiv View Post
    Granted I typed too quickly and ended up being obscure.
    What I meant is the complaining and whining that is happening by DPS saying they are now going to be 'punished' because they wont ever get the loot bag, is part of the same entitled attitude that has caused tanks/healers to stay away from random pugs.
    I keep hearing people say this, but I don't see it. Or more correctly, I don't have that attitude. In fact, I don't have any attitude at all, positive or negative in dungeons. I just do my job and keep my mouth shut. TBH, I think a bigger problem is
    getting players who struggle in instances, meaning more failed runs, which means more frustration all around.

Deleted
    i find it pretty handy! being a tank i will que all the time so i can have a chance to get a mount and other ppl will benefit also because if many tank will do the same the que will be shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    This isn't just for tanks. It's for those playing the role for that days CTA.
    Riiight. Like DPS will ever see a day when not enough are in queue.

I still don't understand how people don't think this will help queue time. It gives incentives to tanks who are now either selling their insta-queues or going with guilds or not running at all to queue singly. Even if it doesn't reduce the queues to Wrath levels it will have some effect. I know it makes it more likely for me to queue by myself, once my guild is set. Hell right now i don't run randoms at all, as I don't need VP, so with this change I'll be running them again, queueing by myself, and this will lower your queue time. Yes i get a chance at a mount that you as a dps won't get(unless CTA goes in your favor) but you won't be waiting for 45 minutes for a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayro View Post
    I'd say the main reason good tanks don't queue is because they don't want to deal with bad dps or healers. I also think that good dps and healers don't queue because of wait time and that they don't really need any VP.
    It's a two way street. I've had more than a few occasions of bad tanks or tanks with bad attitudes. Attitude and skill issue are universal.

And the last part about "good dps and healers" is absolutely incorrect.

I'm ok with it in the way that anyone who likes more stuff would. But will this make me que more often, no. This is my opinion, but all this does is give me more stuff for what I'm already doing, not really an incentive to que more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    I think he means Call to Arms.

OT: There's lots of hate for it because it won't work, it promotes tank-ago, and it makes those of us who want to play with our friends on a social game feel punished for not wanting to be silent with a group of randoms.

Guilds have more DPS than tanks, just because of the way the ratio of them in raids vs heroics is, therefore some DPS will always be left out either way. I don't think it's so bad if a tank wants to go alone for extra rewards.
    In your opinion it won't work. Let's see how it actually goes in practice before making definitive statements, shall we?

How is it punishing you? If you really wanted those mounts, you'd go and reset the instance 5 times in an hour and farm them. Hell, I've done 100+ Straths on a single character trying to get Baron's horse. Am I upset that tanks will get it when they queue for random heroics? No, if it lowers the queue times even slightly then it's a fair trade off. A mount is a mount

Also, I'm still going to do my random heroic with guildmates on my tank. Do you REALLY feel like this is such a slight to you? The trade-off is that you risk getting a bunch of dumbfucks rather than your competent guildmates, so it's all a matter of how badly you want a 0.000001% chance at a rare mount. Do you want that small chance at a trade-off of clearing the heroic with (potentially) a bunch of idiots? Or would you like a nice, easy run with your friends? Does 30g and a gem really make you go "well guys, if I don't do this random heroic with some PuGs I'm getting screwed over, so we can never run together again"? I didn't think so.

The key thing here is that it is a very low droprate. The 'guaranteed' or close to guaranteed goodies are the extra gold and gems, not the mount. And I can think of several people who might take an interest in tanking now that they get a few extra rewards.

That's what this is trying to achieve. Let's wait and see if it works, but I'm most certainly placing my bets on it lowering the queue times - even by a small margin.

Or, you know, Blizzard could just reverse the change and all you DPS could go back to whining that "my queues are too long" and that "Blizzard doesn't care about us".
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

I think this will help "abit" but the classes who are pure DPS (hunters, rogues, mages bla bla) if i played one of them classes id feel abit left out. Where is my "goodies" for pugging a random heroic? The system needs to be fair all across the board. Maybe make the CTA a random timer event or just make it "Call to arms: heroics" and no matter what role you are, you will get the goodie bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a great idea Blizz came up with, its just same pple who complain all the time, The Bads and whinners who want everything handed to them right away .. Not even Wrath gave stuff away you still had to work for it, but was easier
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

may be less of a headache (and quicker) to just farm the rare mounts.

Good step in the right direction though. It is nice to see Blizz implementing something to fix the problem. Will it work? Bribery worked out ok for Oculus, maybe it will work here too.

This is at worst, a win-win, no loss situation.

No single role, class, spec or player will end up in a worse situation than they are at this very moment, due to this fix.

The only QQ with any base at all is the QQ of the "OMG HE GOT MORE THAN ME" variety, which is, I'm sorry to say, an entitlement problem with the player and not a fundamental problem with the fix.
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

Deleted
    it's a great idea and might make more ppl go tank than dps, downside, can be we hit the so called facerollers and ppl who ignore the 1 shot 1 kill mechanics on sertain bosses.