Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizzard's bullshit system is horrible. I only do random heroics only because i HAVE TO. Fuck you blizzard

Deleted
    this is why i queue with guildies :P

I agree that you shouldn't be able to kick during loot rolls as this would lead to people kicking if a mount / epic dropped. As for the OP, only option you had was open a ticket to a GM an copy / paste the rogue saying "until you give up or disband" as this would be griefing or, teleport out of the dungeon and wait till the rogue got bored

Less questionmarks (?) and non-caps, as well as slower heartbeat would be nice.

Anyway; being top dps doesn't mean anything. Bragging about it doesn't do you any good.
    I.e. a hunter that CC'es 3 targets does crap dps; but he CC's 3 targets (!) - assuming you check your recount on trash, which most people do when they brag about their dps.

- The solution is kinda simple. We're all dicks at some point ingame... Because we can! But that doesn't mean you can't give an apology or something like it, even though you don't really mean it. Sometimes, accepting thatm you're an idiot publicly helps you get the instances done.

Be to other players, as you want them to be for you. That means: Don't brag. Don't spam with Caps Lock. Use the phrase "Sorry for messing up". Use , , :P once in a while, and not likes this: "".

Imo.
    Last edited by Strafferen; 2011-04-08 at 09:40 AM. Reason: added reason not to brag.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    teleport out of the dungeon and wait till the rogue got bored
    Bad idea. When you're outside the dungeon during few minutes, you could be kicked without any limitation. Well I guess the other players will never click "Yes" but ... who knows ? xD

Deleted
    feedback is in "reason" frame when u need to say why u want to kick any1
    usually I kick ppl because they fail at bosses tactics even after few explanations, fail is fail and deserves to be kicked

I had a issue in Grim batol, I ran with my DK throught random, I got 4 guild members from different server to my group. We ran throught, I had around 50% of all dps, no fails. I was running Grim batol for ring from last boss and they kicked me before first one (imo they need a spot for some friend from their guild). I got a save for Grim batol for this day a I was very annoyed, I wished them to be wiping all the dungeon.

Deleted
    I was in a normal SFK, playing on my druid with a friend. A mage said that he wanted a mana break and told us to stop clearing trash. Me and my friend are like, "Nah, man, we got this, it's just trash mobs." And then he goes all like, "OMGWTFNOOBS!" and then he and his healer friend rageleaves. Quite obviously me and my friend were like, ?.?, but then we were like LOL

Quote Originally Posted by apojaja View Post
    Sure looks like you are the idiot/jerk here.
    Pretty obvious he wasn't. He makes a mistake and apologizes sincerely, only for the other player to fly off the handle. How's that reasonable behavior?

Deleted
    maybe is missread, but i thought all people needed to approve a kick for a kick to be passed? Did the rogue vote to kick his hunter friend or is this a majoirty vote now ?

I always thought u needed 4 people to approve a kick in a 5man

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Ya know that he can't make pulls to wipe you guys unless you also atk the mobs right?
    Been there too mate, suck as hell... the vote kick system will always have problems =X
    It was a rogue Fyi Trick there you go grp is dead

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kiltofake View Post
    maybe is missread, but i thought all people needed to approve a kick for a kick to be passed? Did the rogue vote to kick his hunter friend or is this a majoirty vote now ?

I always thought u needed 4 people to approve a kick in a 5man
    Nope its 3 vote then dude is gone

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The thing here is, odds are, if party A of 3 queues together, they're not going to be complete morons who seek to do harm to the group (outside of maybe loot disputes.) same thing with the party B of 2.

Realistically, They should know that the rest of their group cements them, and they should either give up and try and find a group of 4, or piss off and work together (they don't even have to like it.)
    I completely disagree. If a party of 3 groups together I think the likelihood of them doing whatever the hell they want INCREASES because they know they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty shitty, some people really do just love making others miserable. I probably would have just left, let the rouge wait 40 minutes for a new dungeon, you did have a tank so you could have easily been reassigned to a less fail situation. I'm glad a GM actually stepped in to fix the problem for you though.
    I made a thread a couple days ago regarding the ridiculous VTK system, it sort of exploded so if anyone wants to read the problems I've had or other peoples issues/opinions, you could read through it. (I feel like I'm selling something)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-left-the-same

Quote Originally Posted by Roker View Post
    this is why i queue with guildies :P
    I have found guild groups fail more for some reason...maybe it's just my guild.
    Last edited by xAerithx; 2011-04-12 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Zryereassu View Post
    I was in a normal SFK, playing on my druid with a friend. A mage said that he wanted a mana break and told us to stop clearing trash. Me and my friend are like, "Nah, man, we got this, it's just trash mobs." And then he goes all like, "OMGWTFNOOBS!" and then he and his healer friend rageleaves. Quite obviously me and my friend were like, ?.?, but then we were like LOL
    Yea, it's pretty funny when dps thinks they need full mana for a trash pull to go sucessfully. As if the healer at 70% mana, rogue, hunter and warrior can't handle the first 10 seconds of the next pull alone.

Blizzard is very foolish with their current version of the vote to kick system, and this is why. A vote to kick system is by nature two things. One it is a self policing system. It relies on the players to think, and render judgement for themselves. By putting restrictions like cooldowns on it you're restricting the power of the players to police themselves, thus defeating the purpose of the system.

Two, it is a VOTE to kick system, that makes it a democracy. A democracy only works when everyone's vote is equal. By making it so that a player cannot initiate a kick, you're silencing their voice and effectively removing their right to vote until someone else tells them to vote. That makes the democracy weak and ineffective.

What Blizzard should do is have a vote to kick system with no limits or restrictions. Thin majority rules, ALWAYS, and no cooldown or kicking restrictions. Yes, there will be exploitation of this system, but this system is still better. The current system can be exploited in many ways, as discussed in this thread. My system would be just as exploitable, but here is the difference. In the current system, the minority exploits. In my system the majority exploits.

How is my system any better? Well, when the minority exploits the system, it will grief 3-4 people. When the majority exploits the system, it will grief 1-2 people. Yes it is wrong and annoying when a 4 person guild group jerks around, and then kicks one player. But that is the group's choice to make. In a democratic system it is the majority's right to be evil if they so choose. It's sad, but if Blizzard doesn't like it, they shouldn't have put a voting system in the dungeon finder.

Besides, less people will be griefed under my system anyway. Let's say you get 100000 groups a day where there is some kind of exploitation of the vote to kick system. Under the current system, you will have 300000-400000 pissed off people. Under my system you would have 100000-200000 pissed off people. The numbers speak for themselves.

And that is assuming that the occurence of these incidents will be the same, which they won't. How often does a 3-4 person guild group screw with somebody for fun? I've used the dungeon finder almost ever day since it came out, and I can count on one hand the number of times it's happened to me. How many times have you had a single tool in your group that needed to be kicked? For me, the latter has happened dozens, or even hundreds of times. Common sense Blizzard, use it.

Basically, Blizzard is trying to please all of the people all of the time, which will never work. Better to choose the lesser of two evils instead of pretending that the current system works.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-04-13 at 03:31 PM.

Vote kicking is fucked up
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to see that a GM did in fact get involved with the incident. Instead of just ignoring the ticket and you having to deal with the childish antics of the rogue.

Instead of dealing with this crap OP should have just dropped group and requed once the debuff went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Pretty obvious he wasn't. He makes a mistake and apologizes sincerely, only for the other player to fly off the handle. How's that reasonable behavior?
    Reread the post he was quoting again, and pay particular attention to the end of it. Neither party was in the right, but he was acting like a little shit.

Also, to the OP, you reap what you sow. If you hadn't kicked his hunter friend, the rogue probably wouldn't have been griefing you. Next time use your brain and act like an adult instead of a vindictive twat, and you won't have these issues. Or, just run with guildies and not have to worry about it.

Deleted
    I'd say if you kick a player all their RL friends and guildies should be kicked with them.