Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll try to leave my opinions in that other thread, but I have a feeling that many people that argue about guns have never unloaded a 30round mag in 5secs into a target. I could be wrong.

OT: M4s are sick weapons, easy to handle, not too terribly hard to clean. Though I do enjoy a handgun at the range. Honestly, the most fun I've had at a indoor range was with a little .22 handgun. It has almost no kick and you can shoot it super fast. But rifles are so awesome with their burst. I like a good shoulder kick every now and then. I remember vividly my times at the range in Basic.

Also, the "you must be American" comment......duh!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a gun owner myself, but I do appreciate the hobby/sport (call it what you will). Buddy of mine has been getting into guns as a side hobby for a few years, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of his handy. He's currently got an M4 as well, but he's gone the EO Tech route instead of the ACOG. He's also got a vertical grip with the tripod extension (pops out), and a smaller contoured grip for the barrel that allows the forward hand to stay flatter. He had a small pig-nose attachment added to the front that assists with the gas dispersion (i guess - this is stuff i've gleaned from listenening to him talk about it). He's also got the little paddle release for the clip, so he doesn't have to ever reach across or remove his hand from the ready position. It's a pretty slick gun, and it's really impressive how much you can customize it to your liking. He's also got a completely unmodified Czech AK-47. Talk about simplicity of design, it's pretty easy to realize why it is still used so heavily around the world.

If/when I purchase a gun, I will likely limit myself to a handgun - something like the Sig Sauer P238 or P250. As much as I appreciate rifles, I do not see the need to own one personally - which I might regret when the zombies come.

Been saving up for an M4 myself, got real cozy with it in the military. I think handguns are weak, rifles are more powerful and accurate. Nothing beats hitting a target dead-on at 300 meters...except for a sniper maybe, although I haven't shot one yet. I've used more weapons than I can remember in my career, but my favorite would have to be the grenade launcher. Gotta love that sweet THUMP when it fires...followed by an awesome explosion.

As promised, heres a shot of the handgun I own, a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. It shoots like a dream, with hardly any kickback and I was able to get some pretty tight groupings with it after minimal adjustments to my regular stance. It doesn't have an external safety, which is a bit of a bummer - but it does have the feature (spacing on the name atm) where it won't fire unless the magazine is loaded into the gun. Meaning that even if I had a round chambered, and someone was trying to forcibly take the gun from me, I could just hit the magazine release...and bam, the gun can't be fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post

I love my butter knife.
    Without me, it's useless.
    Without it, I'm useless.
    You poor Swedes, will they not let you have metal butter knives?

10+ Year Old Account
    ares, I have a similar 22 calibre walter that does the exact same mechanic.
    My personal baby is the STG 58 I have as my avatar, I have recently taken off the ACOG, and dropped on a mil sniper 6.5-20x scope on her, sooo hot. Gotta take the time to take a SS of it, and no it's not a bb gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I own a couple rifles for hunting food. Anything beyond that is a waste of metal. I've never understood people who collect weapons.

Deleted
    It's the same thing, really. You don't "need" to hunt your food to have something on the table just as some people don't "need" to use their guns on other people to feel good about having them.

The only difference is perception- beholder's eye and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww Kayyln, we should go to the range and have some fun. I don't think I can compare my glock to your m4 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Gun nuts are smart people. Think about it, only people who don't own or drive a car call it a dangerous tool. Of course everyone else knows that it can be dangerous, but everyone else isn't acting like crazy persons about it. Low taxes and big guns. I have to move to USA sometime.
    You really don't want to, I came from the former soviet union to this country, and it's starting to look and feel just like my former country all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd post a picture of my Stag Arms M8L, but I don't have the bottom half yet, It's a left handed weapon so it takes a while have it made.

It's a gas piston AR-15. Highest quality AR-15 you can buy, lifetime warranty on everything. It runs much much cleaner and cooler than regular AR-15s and M4s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobu View Post
    I'm not really anti-gun or anything but..what's the point? Do you go hunting with it? Or is it just strictly for protection/gun range. If it was for protection wouldn't a small handgun be more practical?
    I can understand why people feel this way. Plain and simple answer: its fun. Why would I want dirt bike if I live in the city? Because its fun to have for leisure if you have some friends to ride with. I think a lot of people confuse self-protection with fun.

More of a staff weapon guy

I'm really proud about this beauty here: Staff of Sorcerer Thane Thaurissan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    It's the same thing, really. You don't "need" to hunt your food to have something on the table just as some people don't "need" to use their guns on other people to feel good about having them.

The only difference is perception- beholder's eye and all that.
    How do you know I don't need to hunt for my food? Maybe I'm a hermit living out in the woods but I'm using the internet at the library. Seriously though, guns as a means of securing nourishment I understand because I like to know exactly where my food comes from. This is the same reason I've started raising my own vegetables. I do not like being dependent on other human beings for something so essential to life.

Guns in any other format just doesn't make sense to me though. Trust me, I was born and raised in the middle of the mid-west where gun ownership was pretty much a standard for any family I knew growing up so I've been around guns since I was a child. At this stage in my life however I can't understand collecting or shooting something that only serves one function (ending life) for fun.

People can say cars are dangerous, etc etc but people never think twice about owning one so whats the big deal with guns? The difference is clear. Guns are tools crafted with one purpose, killing something. Anything else on this planet could kill you as a side effect of it's primary function... but with guns there is only one possible outcome: pull trigger, bullet hits something, that something ceases to live. This is why I only use my guns as a means of securing food and don't plan on having my rifles in the house once I have children.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    More of a staff weapon guy

I'm really proud about this beauty here: Staff of Sorcerer Thane Thaurissan
    lol that looks like an upside down reskin of a staff in BC. Has Blizzard been that lazy for cata?

I own a 1903 Springfield, that saw action in the first war with my great grandfather, now it used only for the occasional deer hunt my father and me go to every now and again.
    I am hopefully going to getting my hands on a Taurus .45/410 shotshell revolver here in a few months. Beautiful M4 btw too bad she doesn't have the rails, think they look nicer ^.^

I myself own 12 guns which are all legal in Florida without any kind of permit. As it should be. I have never hunted but I do want to bag a wild hog at some time. I only use the guns at target ranges.
    I have:
    A Walther Sport Model .22 single shot bolt action rifle from the 1930's. It has a 26" barrel and is the most accurate firearm I have ever used.
    A Sears model 30-30 lever action rifle made by Winchester in the 1950's
    A Marlin 12 shot bolt action .22Magnum rifle in stainless steel with a laminated wood stock. An absolutely gorgeous firearm.
    A Saiga .223 semi-automatic rifle built with the frame and barrel of the AK-100 but with no pistol grip, a hunting style stock and only a 10 round magazine (Thanks to Commie Clinton)
    A Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic .22 rifle in stainless steel
    A Walther P-38 9mm automatic pistol that was originally issued to the West German Army. It has the holster too with the soldier's name inside.
    A Bersa mini-9 9mm automatic pistol
    A FEG copy of the Browning Hi-Power 9mm pistol
    A Ruger MKII .22 automatic pistol
    A Tanfoglio .380 automatic pistol
    A Rohm .22 revolver that is single action and has such a hair trigger that it's almost unsafe to use
    And the jewel of my collection- A 1936 Luger with holster that my father brought back from WWII. He also brought back the Walther Rifle and some other things captured from German officers and soldiers. Swords, bayonets, helmets, daggers, flags, etc.
    I also have a 1100 fps .177 calber break barrel air rifle made in Turkey.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by CopperBot View Post
    Guns in any other format just doesn't make sense to me though. Trust me, I was born and raised in the middle of the mid-west where gun ownership was pretty much a standard for any family I knew growing up so I've been around guns since I was a child. At this stage in my life however I can't understand collecting or shooting something that only serves one function (ending life) for fun.

Postage stamps not used for sending letters don't make any sense to me. I was born and raised in a time when people sent physical mail and stamp ownership was pretty much a standard for any family I knew so I've been around stamps since I was a child. At this stage in my life however I can't understand collecting something that only serves one function (sending mail) for fun.

Collecting things is usually not about what they do. I find stamp collectors odd. What about action figures? They were designed with the purpose of being played with, yet many adults collect these toys and don't even take them out of the packaging! Just because something had a more sinister original intent does not negate its value to a collector. I personally find collecting Nazi memorabilia to be in poor taste. I understand why some would feel that way about collecting guns 'just to have them'.

Aside from the pure collecting angle, I happen to find shooting guns very enjoyable. Beyond that, there is also the competitive approach. There are many reasons to have guns that don't involve killing things.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperBot View Post
    but with guns there is only one possible outcome: pull trigger, bullet hits something, that something ceases to live.
    That is just nonsense.

Oh and on topic... I have lots. Guns, knives, swords, spears, staves, etc. But sorry, no pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to own a whip... I like whips.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    I have a deactivated Lee Enfield that I adore, but I have no pictures on this computer...
    That's what I had to tell myself about my katana...need pictures now...