Deleted

[Alliance][Argent Dawn] <Alter Ego> Recruiting DPS (3 nights/9 hours, 8/13HM)

About Us

Alter Ego is a guild aimed at people who wish to raid at a high level, but don't have the kind of time to devote to a more typical raiding schedule. Being able to put our kids to bed, eat our dinner without rushing or just relax after a long day's work is important to us. For these reasons, we only raid 3 nights a week (Wed/Sun/Mon) from 9-12 server time and never go beyond those times. This is a substantially lighter schedule than most other guilds around this level run with, and as such we have very low tolerance for repeatedly making the same mistakes. We don't expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you not to waste our time.

We're currently sitting at 8/13HM and are starting work on Heroic Nef this reset, and have been making steady progress since starting 25 man raiding at the beginning of January and have claimed every server first hardmode thus far in the expansion. For anyone who cares: as I write this we're ranked 436 (Guildox), 583 (WowProgress) and 530 (WoWtrack) for 25 man raiding. Naturally, I list Guildox first as that number is best!

Because we value your time so highly, we provide all raid consumables for free (flasks, food, potions, etc) to our raiders, as well as supplying gems, help with enchants and pay for your repair costs from raids. All we need from you is to show up prepared for our raids and ready to turn in a great performance.

Loot is handled via a council, which fairly distributes the spoils across the raid. This obviously includes a priority towards gearing tanks.

About You

Primarily, we're looking for DPS who can provide excellent output without sacrificing awareness. However, I'm also looking for the kind of player who not only can do the trickier jobs in a raid, but actively volunteers to do so. The kind of player who knows ahead of time that bringing a different spec for a certain fight is a great idea. You'll know your theorycraft, you'll know your stat priorities, you'll know how to leverage that knowledge for different encounters. That's the kind of player we're looking for.

We don't need someone who'll say "the healers will cover me" as they stand in Black Swill or "the other dispellers will catch it" as Revive ticks away.

We've got 2 or 3 available slots after real life caught up with a couple of our members recently. As cliché as it's becoming, we don't recruit for the bench and everyone will see a good amount of raiding (our roster generally hovers around 32-33). At the moment, there isn't a strict requirement of what we need in terms of class & spec, however one of the following would be optimal:

Shadow Priest
    Moonkin
    Hunter
    Ret Paladin
    DPS Warrior

Outside of gaming requirements: we're all adults. We expect you to behave like an adult in the guild. If you need any further qualification on what that means we're probably not the guild you're looking for. Being an active member of EJ or similar theorycrafting communities is definitely seen as a plus point.

Class-Specific Notes

In general, we'll expect you to be able to play every facet of your class to a reasonable standard. That means caster hybrids will be expected to heal if it's needed, if you're melee and can tank, we might need you to help out once in a while. It won't be often, but if I have to do it sometimes, so do you!

How to Apply

If you wish to discuss the guild further, feel free to throw me a PM on our forums at www.alteregoguild.com. To make an application, register an account with your character's name and use the application form on the front portal.

Deleted
    Back to the top!

Deleted
    Still looking for some strong DPS!