Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by vvilly View Post
    Why did you waste your money on an i5 2500k? Ivybridge on its way and even the worst one will shit on that cpu. You didn't even get an i7 2500k lol.
    Hi clueless fanboy. When has a die shrink ever shit on the larger process? I don't recall the Wolfdales 'shitting' on the Conroes of the same calibre and entry price. Better yes but far from the difference between Nehalem and Sandy Bridge. Although that might be because it's an architecture upgrade? Derp. :P

Why would I spend $100 for something as worthless as HT? I'm not forking money over for a feature that's so miniscule of a gain it should be a standard feature. I'd pay extra for VT before paying for HT.

ehm.. why are you in icc anyways? :b
    People MIA, couldn't do much in terms of Cataclysm content.

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 03:47 PM ----------

Come to the dark side (AMD), we have cookies. :P
    If it makes you feel better, I left the Phenom II sticker on my case and haven't used the i5 sticker yet.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Why do that when Haswell will be coming out later? Hell, forget that CPU, Rockwell will be out eventually and crap on both of them. I don't know why I upgraded from my 7800GS, I should have known when I got my GTX260 that the GTX500s were in the pipeline.

Upgrade's an upgrade, and one that makes you go giddy is worthwhile. (Ready to move this 2500K into a portable P67 uATX workhorse setup the week Ivy Bridge comes out though!)
    That's right!! I'm staying on my pentium 4 3ghz setup because something better is always going to come along so why bother upgrading? tsk!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    So last night we were missing a few people for normal raid progression. Our GM decided to hit up ICC and clear it for Light of Dawn, since a bunch of people didn't have it (yay free achievement points!). It was like any other raid night, except it was old content, and I almost died before gunship from going left instead of right at the top of the elevator (never did ICC as horde). We clear and clear and I think nothing of how well the game is running.

We get to Sindragosa, our tanks pull all the whelps. I had FRAPS running in the background (not recording)... started mashing arcane explosion... and this is where I saw it.

The framerate counter never dropped below 60. ON THE WHELP PULL. Which used to bring my 955BE C2 to a crawl, and even dropped my office machine's i5 750 down quite far.

@_______________@

I looked at the screen jaw dropped for a good 30 seconds.

I feel so dirty... Intel... auugh..! ><

On a fangirl note, I replaced my main server's E8400 and P5Q Pro to the 1090T and M4A89GTD... replacement went without so much as a hitch. Booted into server 2k8 absolutely fine, installed all the necessary drivers for the new board, rebooted again, and it was good to go in about 20 minutes including minor NiC reconfiguration for static IP's and passthrough to the Hypervisor. That server runs LIGHTNING fast now.

Oh my god I am so happy!
    My unoverclocked i5 2300 records Fraps at 60 FPS with Audio and Mic input and Lossless RGB capture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vvilly View Post
    Why did you waste your money on an i5 2500k? Ivybridge on its way and even the worst one will shit on that cpu. You didn't even get an i7 2500k lol.
    Proof? Because so far there have been no benchmarks on Ivy Bridge. Besides, Ivy Bridge isn't until Q1/Q2 2012... We have Sandybridge-EX to go through first(Which has been confirmed by Intel.)
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You can choose to just not listen. People certainly ain't gonna stop talking about how awesome the chips are.... which they are.
    I am glad you used the word "ain't" as I keep being told it ain't a word and I'm an idiot for saying it. Guess that makes 2 of us idiots.

Had I waited to build my rig(did it early December) then I probably could have taken advantage of SB chips, and then be flustered by the MoBo Recall due to the 3.0 sata ports. =/ But, nonetheless, I don't have issues with lag at all, anywhere with my "outdated" i7-950. It's all in the hardware and how it's ran I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    After reading this i felt like i was listening in on a conversation by the dungeon & dragon weirdos at the lunch table during lunch back in highschool.
    Thank you for my new signature.

User has received an infraction for this post
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-04-09 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're thinking of posting in this thread just to be an ass, then don't. You can save me the time and hassle of giving you an infraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I think the general idea behind SB is eliminating as many "sections" in the CPU from input to output in order to maximise performance. I dare say eliminating even more would allow us to push even higher memory bandwidth. Honestly, on sub 32nm processes, i can imagine us seeing 45GB/s bandwidth.

Also, i waited until like 2-3 weeks ago before i upgraded. It was only from a 1055T up to this, but i can honestly say i'm glad i made the jump. I didn't expect to see a major performance boost.... damn was i wrong.

Although all that power is of no use when PB is causing havoc with online games due to a bug in it's scanning.
    It's not about eliminating sections.. It's about eliminating the different bridges between hardware. Currently since the System Agent connects to everything like the SATA, Memory, PCI-Express, etc there is the ability to provide higher bandwidth to all of them rather than having to rely on a separate clock generator for such things.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    ehm.. why are you in icc anyways? :b
    Maybe read the entire first post before you actually ask something?

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Argh! Shut up!
    Lol...so you admit...you like your "bandwangon CPU" then? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Lol...so you admit...you like your "bandwangon CPU" then? :P
    For raids, yes. If I didn't play WoW and didn't have a virtualization server begging for more power, I could have easily lived with the 1090T.
    red panda red panda red panda!