Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10-Heroic Raid Progression?

So now that my 10man group is 4/13 Heroic (Halfus/Atramedes/Maloriak/Chimaeron) I was wondering where we should go next, in terms of difficulty? Raid leader wants to go to Twins seeing as it's gotten tons of hotfixes/nerfs in the past few weeks, is this right? Or is twins still really hard on heroic? We were also looking at trying Omnomnomnotron or Magmaw next. Or conclave.

Almost forgot setup:

Tanks: Paladin/Warrior
    Heals: Holy or Disc priest / Paladin / Druid
    DPS: Asn rogue, MM Hunter, Fire mage, Feral druid, Unholy or Frost DK
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    debuff filter?

Definitely Magmaw. Valiona is also pretty push over if you have a rogue.

After that? Conclave/Omnotron. Probably Conclave.

10+ Year Old Account
    H V&T is pretty easy with a Sub rogue. We killed Conclave, then Magmaw, then ODS but that was before the last nerfs to Magmaw and ODS. If I were you I'd do V&T next, then probably Magmaw, ODS, and Conclave in that order. Out of the 8 bosses we've killed Conclave was the one we wiped the most on and even though we have it on farm we still can wipe a time or two.

Treat your DK to the chance at heroic Akirus
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    H V&T is pretty easy with a Sub rogue. We killed Conclave, then Magmaw, then ODS but that was before the last nerfs to Magmaw and ODS. If I were you I'd do V&T next, then probably Magmaw, ODS, and Conclave in that order. Out of the 8 bosses we've killed Conclave was the one we wiped the most on and even though we have it on farm we still can wipe a time or two.
    Agree. Conclave can go wrong in a hurry.

Deleted
    Magmaw next no doubt. The fight has been nerfed a lot recently.

Oh, one more question:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-notes-april-8

Are the raid changes in the PTR notes already active (hotfixes) or are they being changed with 4.1?
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-04-09 at 02:40 AM.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Deleted
    Definitely magmaw. We have the same progression as you and have so far got him to 15% in one night of attempts, including a lot of silly mistakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Oh, one more question:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-notes-april-8

Are the raid changes in the PTR notes already active (hotfixes) or are they being changed with 4.1?
    PTR and Hotfixes are two different things. If its on the PTR its going to come with 4.1 and is not active on live servers currently.

PTR and Hotfixes are two different things. If its on the PTR its going to come with 4.1 and is not active on live servers currently.
    Was just wondering, seeing as sometimes they put things in the patch notes as tooltip fixes to things they hotfixed earlier. Thanks!

Magmaw is definitely the way to go.

Deleted
    Magmaw for sure.

Deleted
    (Halfus/Atramedes/Maloriak/Chimaeron).
    With that progression it should be pretty easy to do V&T.
    That said, my guild got herioc magmaw down in one and a half hours on 10 man, first night. So hes pretty easy.
    Conclave will rape you if you cant kite.
    Omnotron will rape you. No ifs, it will.

I'd have to agree with my fellow posters, Magmaw is on par if not slightly easier than both H Atramedes and Maloriak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Omnotron will rape you. No ifs, it will.
    true story

and yes, go to Magmaw

Credit goes to Pangcakes for the amazing signature!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgio/advanced

Magmaw, with it's recent nerfs, it is really easy.

I have a fair idea about what I should be able to do in the twilight realm as sub, but can any1 post more info on this ?
    I'd preffer a rogue or a rogue guildie that killed this boss on heroic.
    Referring to V&T
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathaema View Post
    I have a fair idea about what I should be able to do in the twilight realm as sub, but can any1 post more info on this ?
    I'd preffer a rogue or a rogue guildie that killed this boss on heroic.
    Referring to V&T
    Thanks
    I do not play a rogue, so what I know is just from talking to our rogue and if someone has done it and wants to add to what I say or correct it then by all means go for it.

Basically, you go Sub and pick up all the survivability talents, along with the glyph of feint. Between the glyph reducing its energy cost to 0 and the talent which extends its duration by 3 seconds, you use Feint on CD and its essentially always up (9 out of every 10 seconds). Besides that, you cloak off your stacks when they get too high (someone who has done the fight can give you a better idea on when you should do that). All you do is just kill as many of the adds as you can as quickly as you can, while dodging stuff. You'll survive being hit by 1 orb but it will reduce the time you can stay below by a lot so you really can't let that happen. There are 2 abilities from the physical realm which can hit you down there, the dazzling destructions (easy enough to see and avoid) and the flame breath. Someone in the physical realm will need to call out where the breaths are coming so you can avoid them because you have no way of seeing where the dragon is. That's pretty much it - you stay down as long as you can, then hop in a portal to come up, get healed and drop stacks, then head back down as soon as you can. If you are doing your job correctly then for the rest of your raid the fight plays out pretty much just like normal mode.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magmaw then V&T.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!