Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    OP isn't very good at probability. Saying a mount has a certain drop chance doesn't mean that it is guaranteed in so many runs. Making the bags BoA was also a brilliant addition.

Blizz has got my support on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmilitus View Post
    LOL, I did say it is 5%. You are the one saying if 12 tanks roll a heroic, their chance is 60% which is obviously not the case. Each tank has a 5% chance at a mount. If a tank rolls a heroic 20 times in one day, does not mean they are guaranteed a mount. It means that 20 times that day they will have a 5% chance of getting a mount. This is where your argument is faulty.
    Might as well give up dude, I literally said the exact same thing to him and he just blew it off and told me that I was wrong. There is no winning with someone as close-minded and ignorant as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrril View Post
    I would be complaining about your math teachers completely failing at teaching you rudimentary basics like percentages.
    Feel free to find any legit math websites and tell them
    you repviously had a 5% chance, 1%, etc(mentioning raven hawk death blue west south etc) of getting something, each from different entity. You now have th same chance Fromm all those entities(as blizzard has said) from one. Then ask what th chanc of getting the rare drop is. You'll be eating your own words. Plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by Roguesoldier View Post
    Feel free to find any legit math websites and tell them
    you repviously had a 5% chance, 1%, etc(mentioning raven hawk death blue west south etc) of getting something, each from different entity. You now have th same chance Fromm all those entities(as blizzard has said) from one. Then ask what th chanc of getting the rare drop is. You'll be eating your own words. Plain and simple
    I feel like he's now trying to hide his stupid remarks behind the guise of being a troll.

The only increased chance you have of getting the mount is the fact that you have more than one chance a day. You're still jelly about tanks getting mounts. Aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by comradesean View Post
    I feel like he's now trying to hide his stupid remarks behind the guise of being a troll.

The only increased chance you have of getting the mount is the fact that you have more than one chance a day. You're still jelly about tanks getting mounts. Aren't you?
    @OP To clarify:

jelly =/= jealous

jelly = you mad bro?

Can this thread be locked or something, the OP is trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by KEFIOX View Post
    @OP To clarify:

jelly =/= jealous

jelly = you mad bro?
    Whaaat? Since when. I gotta double check this.

Oh well, whatever. Whether he's mad or jealous it still applies either way.

I don't see how people can think that the queue times will get worse with more tank... Every one tank that queue's takes 3 DPS out of the queue. More tanks queue'ing means wait in queue drops for DPS. Where is the miscommunication? I say fuck it, if it gets more tanks queueing regularly, take all the mounts or pets or vanity items you want, lol. Throw some gold at em too, if it makes em stay. It has literally no negative impact on the playability of wow for me, and saves me time. Too many snot-nosed brats in here concerning themselves with what other people have. If you want what they get, do what they do, simple as that.

This thread is really interesting. Let's start saying what we have eaten for Breakfast.

I had a big bowl of cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrees View Post
    This thread is really interesting. Let's start saying what we have eaten for Breakfast.

I had a big bowl of cereal.
    I had a breakfast burrito mmm.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that there's going to be a 2-roll system for mounts in the bag.
    1% chance of a mount, and then a roll to see what mount you got.
    I really doubt they'll roll once per mount.

But, just to keep the LFD-CtA naysayers going, we can be certain that there's also going to be a small chance that when you open the bag, a random member of the DPS in the group will lose a rare mount from their inventory, just to make it penalize them. inb4 JUST KIDDING jeez don't get your knickers in a twist

Today i did 7 random heroics, 3 for VP, 4 getting rep on my warrior for the last faction, and to get caos orbs. In 5 of the runs, i had people who were gathering gear for tanking.

People wont que up as a tank in shit gear after trying it once. Evryone know that wont get you anywere, thinking people will continiue doing so, is to put it mildly being a negativ moron.

So far, CtA is the most awsome thing that has happend to random heroics since the LFG tool was implemented, and to evryone who is flamin it, waiting 30 min in shat/dal for a tank or healer or whatever, was NOT better.

People are now actualy gearing up tanking chars to try tanking just becase of this, and i think it will be a great addition to wow.

PS: saw somone actualy complain after the BoA was anounced: "what about us with only pure dps classes?" Sorry dude, realy?

I still don't see how it makes it worse...Tanks will be doing dungeons the same they normally do and a very likely chance a lot more...and people will roll a tank or make there OS tank.

@ Roguesoldier.

1. Typing in all caps does not make you any more right.

2. I'm not arguing the rate doesn't go up as they add mounts, because obviously the possibility does increase. The point is that the percentages don't just magically add up.

Example:
    I have a 5% chance to win a BMW, and at the same time, a 1% chance to win Helicopter. By the "additive" reason you've been spouting, I therefore have a 6% chance to win a Helicopter. Your overall mount drop might go up as the amount of mounts are added increases, but it does not just give the low percentage mounts the extra drop rate of the other ones.

To clarify further: It means I have both a 5% chance to win a BMW, and a 1% chance to win a Helicopter.
    Does having a 5% chance to win a BMW increase my odds of winning a Helicopter? No.
    Does it increase my odds in winning something? Yes, slightly.

3. "I DID NOT SAY that it IS 8%. I said, let's say it's 8%".

What's the difference?... You put in an apostrophe? If that's the case, your grammar is as bad as your math. You aren't going to sway anyone by throwing out made up numbers, then claiming they aren't what you meant.

No hard feelings, but you owe me a helicopter.
    Last edited by sabbath032; 2011-04-08 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Further helicopter analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguesoldier
    They are feats of "I hit a button, skipped the bosses, DID MY JOB, and got this mount"
    Most of them are already feats of "I facerolled old content over and over again until I got a mount".
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    hey here is an idea why dont we WAIT and SEE b4 we complain....oh wait i forget where i was for a second

Ehm been skipping to last boss asap since January and if DPS ever complain they get told to gtfo and form their own damn group. I'm not in LFD to carry people through bosses 80% of the group doesn't need. Call it selfish all you want but wasting 4 peoples time versus 1 person not being happy... I'll still manage to sleep at nights.

The Problem
    So, you have a (going off on wowhead statistics) 1.8% chance for Raven Lord, 5% for Hawkstrider, and a .8% for Rivendare's. Those are just the announced mounts, there will be more.
    Who says these drop chances are accurate? Don't you think it might be a bit soon to already start asuming those drops are correct? You base all your other idea's on the fact that those drops are correct so im just gonna asume for a sec they are.
    The chance of getting a rare mount is the same as from the dungeon, meaning your chance at a mount starts off at a base of 5%, and increases with your chance at every other mount they add. I'm not claiming to be good at math, but let's just say it comes out to 8% with all the others. (And no, that chance does not decrease because the mounts are BoA, getting the Hawkstrider does not mean you can't get it again)
    That chance does decrease when u are interested in a specific mount. Who cares about 5 ravenlords if they wanted rivendare's mount? If you want all mounts (according your drop values are correct) You have to do 113 runs before getting rivendare's mount.
    Aside from Rivendare's you could only try for these mounts once per day. Instead, you can now queue as many times as you desire, refuse to do any non-mandatory bosses for those who still need gear(whom are the people who wanted shorter queues in the first place), bumrushing to your reward.
    Because there are so much skippable bosses right ? Considering the amount the queue time will reduce, you will still be able to gather gear a lot faster. And if no one would care about the CTA it would remain the same as it is now. Also if the majority of your group wants the optional boss u can still kick the tank that refuses to do it.

What WILL Happen If You Go Through?
    On the topic of dps with long queues
    You implemented this to make heroics easier for dps. Those who actually care enough about the time are those who still need the gear. That means that they need "every boss". All of these new tanks won't care about you. Sure, this happened before, but it's idiotic to say that it won't happen a whole hell of alot more often now. So, you now have less of a shot at gear, that sucks, but it's not the only problem.
    Again bad logics. There are not a lot of skippable bosses in the heroics. Tanks can be kicked if majority of the group needs the optional boss. Reduced queue time will without a problem increase gear gained even if for some reason optional bosses get skipped more then they already are.

Doing this will make the runs take longer.
    This may not be the best comparison, but, wages. You can get a dollar wage increase for the day, but if the price of everything around you quadruples, you're still worse off than before. Sure, you can think, "at least i get an extra dollar to help". But that's a dumb way to think, you should want things to be like they were before at the very least.
    This is essentially what dungeon runs will be like. How many times have you gotten a tank that makes you want to just drop group right then and there(because the votekick system is abysmal...). What do you think will happen now that you have "tanks" who don't know who to tank, and honestly don't want to? Not to mention you WILL be seeing your "tanks" in ret gear, in fury pvp, or in boomkin leather. So long as if they are in a tank spec, they can "tank". While you gave us shorter times, you now exponentially increased our chances at not reaching the final boss. You'll have to leave and requeue.
    Again something you falsely asume. A lot of tanks have their gear and don't care about heroics anymore the tanks that still needed gear would have been there in the first place.
    Sure there will be some lulz players trying to tank in ret gear and they will just get kicked over and over. You don't have to leave and requeue just kick the tank. Those ret tanks will understand they can't do it after dying on the first trash groups a few time and stop going in queue as tank. You have some morons who go in queue as tank with dps gear just to have a faster queue. These are a vast minority of the people and just get chainkicked.

There are sufficiant geared tanks but most of them simply don't see the point in doing heroics that are not the daily as they are not really enjoyable for most of them. Most people who go for mounts already have gear. The ratio Good/fail tanks will become drasticly better when CTA is implented as currently the only tanks that are in a heroic are either there to gear(so there likely not really good geared) or for the daily.

On the topic of the mounts themselves
    8% chance per queue. Statistically, one of every 12 tanks who queue will get a rare mount that previously, a fraction of a fraction of the population had. It is not farfetched AT ALL to say that 12 different tanks queue per server, per hour. So, every hour, someone else on your server gets a FEAT OF STRENGTH! These will no longer be feats of strength.
    They are feats of "I hit a button, skipped the bosses, DID MY JOB, and got this mount"
    People like myself who took time out to go for this mounts, both before and after achievements were implemented, will essentially be losing all that time. I would say that you can make those mounts not award the FoS, but the glamor comes from the mount really...
    I see why u made this post now. First off all there are some feat of strengts that simply require you to login.(aka there are easier FoS). U asume that those drop chances are correct while they're not even on live servers yet. If u want a specific mount like rivendare you are likely faster to get it by simply doing it the old way as it takes way less time to clear that dungeon then to clear a heroic.
    You are just butthurt that you mount isn't SPECIAL anymore. Raiders have to see all their raiding effort get to waste everytime the valor badges(or points if u prefer) get watered down to being attainable by running heroics. And again u assume drop rates you don't know. If you care that much u still have the FoS from a date before 4.1 was released so u'll just have to showoff with the achievement now.
    Also i knew people who had the rivendare mount PRE-TBC the chance for it to drop got multiplied badly, so if you didn't get it pre tbc stop crying there are people who put alot more effort in it than you.
    The solution?
    Have two bags, one that comes off your first CtA, which can contain the mounts, and then all the others only have pets and other rewards.

While this may seem stupid because, hey, most tanks stopped queuing after their single Valor Rewards. You need to consider a few things though:
    One) You can now get all your valor in one day. This gives you a reason to queue on those other six
    Two) There are still other, quality, rewards
    Three) If you really want the mounts that bad, get them from where they were originally intended. To echo number two, there are still other rewards
    Four) This keeps the integrity of the drop rate of the old once-a-day-mounts(that is, if you choose to solely do it this way. you can actually increase your chances by doing both ways)
    Don't you understand that if there is a daily limit together with the Valor no tank will join after it is gone and nothing will change?
    Most people won't care about the other rewards as there just some minor money rewards
    If the want a specific mount they should actualy still go do that.

In conclusion: All your arguments fail miserably, the CTA is a amazing way to make the queue times shorter for everyone. You just can handle the fact that u can't boost your E-PEEN anymore.(no one really cared about your mounts anyway)
    And let me gues when did u get those mounts? In Wotlk? I doub't you have got the rivendare mount when strat was still a 10 man dungeon now did you ? You got it at a time when u could just run through and faceroll everything and then complain that they make it abit easier for everyone and therefore u start posting some fail arguments to hope to get people on your side.
    So QQ less and GTFO the forums.
    Last edited by burninavenge; 2011-04-09 at 03:07 PM.