Deleted

New gfx card: SET gxApi "d3d11"?

Hey guys, I made a thread a few days ago about a gfx card, it came today it's the Gainward GTX 460 (1Gb)

A friend told me I could tweak my FPS by using two codesin the WTF>Config options:

SET gxApi "d3d11"
    SET processAffinityMask "5"

I understand Direct X 11, is the first one, but don't understand the second.

Should I be putting the second into my config, or not?

Deleted
    The second is as far as I know not needed anymore. It (used to) basicly spreads WoW's threads across all cores you have. The more cores you have the higher the value is, but I don't know exactly what values it was for what cores.

Is the UI option to toggle on Directx 11 out yet, or is that coming with 4.1?

As for the second, yeah, according to http://www.wowwiki.com/CVar_processAffinityMask, it basically allows you to define what cores WoW should use, but is no longer needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Is the UI option to toggle on Directx 11 out yet, or is that coming with 4.1?

As for the second, yeah, according to http://www.wowwiki.com/CVar_processAffinityMask is basically allows you to define what cores WoW should use.
    It won't come. There'd be too many players with issues then since not everybody has a DX11 card.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a new UI option to toggle DX11 in the new options menu.

Visual Settings Updates

Removed the red bar preventing the overall graphics slider from going to ultra based on computer specs.
    When the user moves the overall slider to a setting that would have previously been prevented, any option that can't go as high as that setting will get the warning icon with a tooltip explaining why it can't go higher. For example: The user sets the overall slider to Ultra and the water setting can only go to Fair. The water setting would automatically switch to Fair.
    Support for DirectX 11 can now be found in the Advanced tab of the Options screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    It won't come. There'd be too many players with issues then since not everybody has a DX11 card.
    I actually just checked the main page, to quote: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-13850

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Support for DirectX 11 can now be found in the Advanced tab of the Options screen.
    As for your post, that makes no sense... If people have GPUs that do not support DirectX, then they won't be able to toggle the option on...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-08 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    Ultra settings will be removed because not everyone can run World of Warcraft on ultra.

Deleted
    Or you do like every other game currently in existence and perform a check whether the system has DX 10/11 capabilities. If yes, option is permitted. If no, option is not permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Ultra settings will be removed because not everyone can run World of Warcraft on ultra.
    I love you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Repeatedly nagging on a person's mistake does not help the OP.

OP, use the first option, but omit the second. That would bind WoW to cores 1 and 3 on your CPU, which would likely diminish performance.

What CPU are you using Alexa. The "SET processAffinityMask" can be useful to improve performance, but it depends on the processor, how many cores you have, and the software you have running simultaneously.