Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

i5 2500k + mobo questions!

So what title says i was wondering is
    i5 2500K+ ASROCK P67 PRO3 B3 Good combo?
    What is UEFI bios?
    Is there one button OC (fixes voltages and stable temps)
    Thanks in advance

Yes.
    UEFI is Unified Extensible Firmware Interface. It is fancier than the standard BIOS of the past, and replaces some portions of BIOS (like for configuration and such, BIOS still performs POST and such)
    Yes.

Deleted
    The mobo is pretty cheap 125 euro so i was considering getting that since im not interested in SLI/Crossfire

Deleted
    It performs similar to the asus p8p67 for a slightly lower cost so yes it's a good choice

Yep, and

The last feature that left us smiling is the Auto Overclocking feature. While it's not as nuanced as ASUS' TurboV EVO solution, the ASRock presets here are rock solid and allow users to maximize their CPU in a matter of seconds, taking out the guesswork of overclocking. Finding the right combination of voltages, settings, and speeds is no longer necessary. Just a couple quick clicks of a mouse and you've got the maximum boost your CPU will allow.
    http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=1194&page=11

Deleted
    Awesome ty :P

Deleted
    i wanna achive like 4.3-4.5 on stock if its not possible ill get a hyper 212 :P 22 euro for such cooler is insane i hear ;P

Deleted
    So what title says i was wondering is
    i5 2500K+ ASROCK P67 PRO3 B3 Good combo?
    Revision B3 is great
    Nice improve in World of Warcraft by the way.
    Mine is cooled by a Prolimatech Armageddon & 2 140CM

UEFI is just the "new" bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Proshitmon View Post
    i wanna achive like 4.3-4.5 on stock if its not possible ill get a hyper 212 :P 22 euro for such cooler is insane i hear ;P
    Very easily done, you can probably get 4.8 on auto easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I miss classic BIOS already. I don't even use the mouse in my UEFI.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I miss classic BIOS already. I don't even use the mouse in my UEFI.
    I know right? Ew... clicking :P

I'd love more on-the-fly changes from inside Windows/Linux via a gui too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Very easily done, you can probably get 4.8 on auto easily.
    Not on the stock cooler you won't. 4.5GHz is probably pushing it. For me, 4.6GHz @ 1.335v yields low 70s°C in a Prime95 Blend, let alone a IBT run with the new linpack. There are pretty much two rules to overclocking Sandy Bridge:

1. Don't do it on the stock heatsink
    2. Don't use an auto-overclocker (most push WAY too much vCore)

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Not on the stock cooler you won't. 4.5GHz is probably pushing it. For me, 4.6GHz @ 1.335v yields low 70s°C in a Prime95 Blend, let alone a IBT run with the new linpack. There are pretty much two rules to overclocking Sandy Bridge:

3. Don't touch the BCLK. Bad things can and will happen, and there's really no need for it.

I suggested a cooler earlier ;P

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post

He can use auto to have the clocks set then slowly dial back the vCore.

Deleted
    So how will i find a stable OC with good temps ^^? i wanna put at like 4Ghz on stock if that satisfy my needs ill leave it there will it be possible on stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Proshitmon View Post
    So how will i find a stable OC with good temps ^^? i wanna put at like 4Ghz on stock if that satisfy my needs ill leave it there will it be possible on stock?
    You put the multiplier a 40, turn off auto on a whole lot of things, boot up, tell if it's stable with stress-programs. It probably isn't.
    I like this video, it seems informative enough about Sandy Bridge in-general, and overclocking with it; LINK.
    I haven't done it first-hand with the Sandy Bridges, although I've built a system for a guy who wanted to keep it at stock.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    For me, 4.6GHz @ 1.335v yields low 70s°C in a Prime95 Blend, let alone a IBT run with the new linpack.
    Linpack for me at 4.6/1.345v is like... 85 celcius. xD

P95 blend is about the same. Weird cause my cooler isn't nearly as good as yours.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account

My i5 2300 pushes 1.6 on the vCore with TurboBoost. Naturally, I've got a shit motherboard and I can't change it. >.>

Anywhoo, if you're really into overclocking it, people are getting 4.8~5.0's with the H70. If you have an extra pile of money laying around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    My i5 2300 pushes 1.6 on the vCore with TurboBoost. Naturally, I've got a shit motherboard and I can't change it. >.>

Anywhoo, if you're really into overclocking it, people are getting 4.8~5.0's with the H70. If you have an extra pile of money laying around.
    Nah I doubt it actually pushes 1.6v... most likely reading your DRAM Voltage for your VCore.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Linpack for me at 4.6/1.345v is like... 85 celcius. xD

P95 blend is about the same. Weird cause my cooler isn't nearly as good as yours.
    4.6/1.32v 55-57°C load Haha.. Some CPU's react differently to voltage as well as different ambients
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO