Upgraded to new gtx 550 ti and comp shuts down every time I open up wow

400w PSU, think that's the problem?

I see the login screen for like less than a second and then it just shuts down fully.

Also I didn't delete my old drivers, but I saw it was usually not needed in custom pc.
    Last edited by JustinJgh; 2011-04-09 at 01:47 PM.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

The labelled juice of the PSU isn't the issue. The actual brand/actual performance is mostly a cause of concern.
    I'd still advice you to delete your old drivers.
    I'd also advice you to download "MSI Afterburner" (yea, even if you don't have an MSI-brand card) or GPU-z and monitor temps.
    Have you checked if you can hear the fan(s) spinning?

Have you checked and made sure your card is properly seated and attached to the 6pin-connector?

The GPU wouldn't even clock up or use much power at that point, I don't believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong there.

Any chance you can try the card in another computer?

Well I have temperatures on the front of my computer and both for the CPU it says 27 degrees celcius and 28 degrees celcius for the HDD

My computer is also cold to the touch, fans sound ok, the 6 pin connector that came with it we attached into the computer maybe I'll open it up later and see if there's anything out of place.

Also

http://img543.imageshack.us/i/2011fst.png/

Shows my +12v etc... anything look out of whack here?

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:05 AM ----------

I know the computer can use the card, I called the people who made the computer and asked he said it'd run cool, the mother board will run it fine, but the only problem could be the power supply he said.

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:06 AM ----------

Also does anyone know how I can easily find and delete my old graphics card drivers??

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    Well I have temperatures on the front of my computer and both for the CPU it says 27 degrees celcius and 28 degrees celcius for the HDD

My computer is also cold to the touch, fans sound ok, the 6 pin connector that came with it we attached into the computer maybe I'll open it up later and see if there's anything out of place.

Also

http://img543.imageshack.us/i/2011fst.png/

Shows my +12v etc... anything look out of whack here?

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:05 AM ----------

I know the computer can use the card, I called the people who made the computer and asked he said it'd run cool, the mother board will run it fine, but the only problem could be the power supply he said.
    Could you open the case and photograph the PSU, or write down the brand so I can check it up?

Also, download MSI afterburner that I told you about before, and press the "K" in the interface, to put it in full load, to see if it powers down, or throttles.

DLing afterburner now, and I'll get the brand for you here in a second

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:18 AM ----------

It's not letting me click on the K it's shaded out as well

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    DLing afterburner now, and I'll get the brand for you here in a second

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:18 AM ----------

It's not letting me click on the K it's shaded out as well
    You need to install Kombustor as well, which is what that K opens in the first place. If Afterburner is downloaded from MSI itself, it's included in the file with it.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

ok it's now shutting down for no reason I'm just on this website alright I'll download kombuster

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:30 AM ----------

now it's saying when I press K

The program can't start because D3Dcompilter_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:34 AM ----------

Ok, fuck this can I just use furmark?

Kombustor = Furmark, so yes.
    You should probably also do what someone else suggested and get the PSU information. Mainly because the computer randomly rebooting may not be a power issue, but straight up turning off seems more likely to be PSU related.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to remove your old drivers and install new ones. This is a new card so old drivers probably don't recognize it. Get the new drivers from here, search for your card specifically, and don't be afraid to use Beta Nvidia drivers, they aren't sketchy: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

When installing new drivers, it's important to remove the old ones first instead of trying to overwrite it. The safest way to cleanly remove the driver is to go into safe mode. (hold F8 on reboot to get the menu where you can select safe mode). Then use something like Driver Sweeper (highly recommended by most people) and select the Nvidia graphics driver and remove it. Then reboot your computer and install the new driver.
    You can download Driver Sweeper here:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655