Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] Underrated Bands!

I am very sorry if theres been topics of this before but as I have not come across any within the past few months i've been using this website I thought I would make this and besides it's always very interesting to see what people have to say.

So to start it off post any number of bands you know that are underrated and hopefully people within this thread will give them a listen to!
    Heres mine:

Mustasch,
    Randomly came across them last year and hell, I listen to their songs every single day of my life now I can seriously say I LOVE them.
    Here the link to my favorite song of theirs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edZ_xf074Gg

16 Volt,
    Ever played a game on the PS2 called Primal? and always thought that the fighting soundtrack was pretty heavy?
    Well check them out as this is the band that did the music to Primal!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYPuITZF-o

And now if your into the serious side of metal where its all about headbanging until your neck breaks heres a band for you!
    Decaipitated,
    Theres nothing like listening to a song of theirs when your either angry or if your about to go into a battleground on World of Warcraft
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjgpTis0Vo

I Hope you guys like them! Be sure to post some bands no one else may have not heard about!

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to appropriate forum.

Deleted
    System of a Down is pretty underrated. And Behemoth (Very good live).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swekaka View Post
    System of a Down is pretty underrated. And Behemoth (Very good live).
    how is SOAD underrated? they're huge^^ at least here in Europe. Well you can't overrate them, that's for sure.

I think there's helluvalot of good bands out there who sadly don't get the success they deserve, in any musical branch. Sadly, quality is but one minor factor in getting big...
    OT: I think naming but a few is harsh on many others. Still, bands like Dagoba, Breed 77, Fragments of Unbecoming come to my mind (all metal, but there sure are a lot in any genre.).

Deleted
    Ah yes System of a down are epic, not many people where I live know them which sucks lol.
    Breed 77 are fantastic, out of this world. Thats one band I could easily listen too all day long xD
    And finally
    those are some pretty funny bands :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i cannot post links yet but heres some good bands:

Red
    10 Years
    32 Leaves
    Hurt
    Stone Sour

Deleted
    a band called fortune panda. the only track ive found from them & did so by accident. a really nice track, i hope you`ll agree
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcnlOh42T-g

10+ Year Old Account
    @Swekaka: Really? Behemoth is like one of the biggest names and staples in blackened death metal and well appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    And now if your into the serious side of metal where its all about headbanging until your neck breaks heres a band for you!
    Decaipitated,
    Theres nothing like listening to a song of theirs when your either angry or if your about to go into a battleground on World of Warcraft
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjgpTis0Vo
    lol I had a feeling it would be Spheres of Madness. Nihility is a very solid death metal album. Decapitated isn't underrated though, they're pretty damn big in the scene. Or at least were.

A good amount of bands that I listened to aren't so underrated anymore simply because they've gained exposure and fanbases, so I'm very happy about that.

First off, The Breathing Process. They have 2 insanely good full-length albums, but I rarely bump into people who really like them. Kind of sad because they have an amazing amount of brutal and deep atmosphere in their music.

Grimoire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2agYSancZQ
    Dearest Antigone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJDcj-bWY3o

dredg is another band that I feel is underrated. They have some really chill and soothing vibes to their songs, kind of easy to escape into.

Sanzen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj0LoSCMQ08
    I Don't Know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSYQj3qM_HE

Atom and His Package

Reggie and the Full Effect

Both just absolute genius.

Reel big fish
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rush - When it comes to progressive rock and just the overall creativity of much of their work, especially during their early years, there isn't a band that comes close to having the kind of energy and power that Rush has. Listen to anything starting with their self titled album up until Signals and Moving Pictures in the early 80's. I think it was after Signals that they started to get pretty cheesy musically for a while, as is demonstrated on Presto which is considered one of the worst records they ever did. Very few bands could write a rock opus like Rush did.

King Crimson - These guys are pretty much unknown to most of the world unless you are a true die hard progressive rock fan. But they are the definition of a great band with very innovative sounds and creative writing. In the Court of the Crimson King and Starless and Bible Black are two of my personal favourites.

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - By all accounts Frank Zappa is considered a pioneer guitar player, songwriter and an amazing band leader with a no BS attitude towards hardcore conservatism and censorship. His band featured some amazing players, including Napoleon Murphy Brock on saxophones, Terry Bozio on drums and Steve Vai on guitar.

Eric Johnson/Alien Love Child - I think when it comes to premier guitar players and guys who care about the quality of the music, Eric Johnson is by far and away one of the greatest. He has been performing since the mid 70's but really has not seen a lot of media attention outside the guitar playing world, aside from the 1990 Grammy Award for his rock instrumental and signature song Cliffs of Dover. He has performed with many other great musicians, some just as unknown as himself, including slide guitar virtuoso Sonny Landreth who has played with Jimmy Buffet in recent years, Christopher Cross, Cat Stevens, Carole King, Steve Morse, John McLaughlin and Chet Atkins, just to name a few. He was also one of the inaugural members of the G3 tour, launched by friends and fellow guitarists Steve Vai and Joe Satriani in 1997. He is considered by many to be the king of tone with his own unique sound that you won't find in any other guitar player.

Yellowcard
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

Deleted
    Anthrax is waaaaay too underrated. They were huge in the 80's and the early 90's, but when their old vocalist Joey Belladonna left it kinda went downhill. Atleast he rejoined the band last year.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropos View Post
    Yellowcard
    lol, you mean that atrocious emo band that sucked so hard right from the get go and fell out of popularity faster then a speeding bullet. If I want to hear people cry, I will go visit the Damage Dealing forums on Blizzard's official WoW website, not a bunch of brats wearing girl clothes who think they are punks and rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Rush - When it comes to progressive rock and just the overall creativity of much of their work, especially during their early years, there isn't a band that comes close to having the kind of energy and power that Rush has. Listen to anything starting with their self titled album up until Signals and Moving Pictures in the early 80's. I think it was after Signals that they started to get pretty cheesy musically for a while, as is demonstrated on Presto which is considered one of the worst records they ever did. Very few bands could write a rock opus like Rush did.
    These guys are still pretty huge among the 30 - 40 crowd in Canada. And I know that Moving Pictures is still a well known album. I don't know about underrated.

King Crimson - These guys are pretty much unknown to most of the world unless you are a true die hard progressive rock fan. But they are the definition of a great band with very innovative sounds and creative writing. In the Court of the Crimson King and Starless and Bible Black are two of my personal favourites.
    In the Court of the Crimson King has one of the most recognizable album covers in music, not to mention the devout following and critical praise of that and Red. Not sure about underrated either.

I think there's a fine line of difference between ignorance/lack of exposure and underrated. To me, underrated is an artist that doesn't get the credit or praise that they deserve, rather than the popularity among the people.

I have a feeling iths is just going to turn into a name dropping topic of metal bands with less than 100 listens on last.fm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overkill imo, awesome band yet I don't hear enough of it. Trivium I would like to be more well known too ^^
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    These guys are still pretty huge among the 30 - 40 crowd in Canada. And I know that Moving Pictures is still a well known album. I don't know about underrated.

In the Court of the Crimson King has one of the most recognizable album covers in music, not to mention the devout following and critical praise of that and Red. Not sure about underrated either.

I think there's a fine line of difference between ignorance/lack of exposure and underrated. To me, underrated is an artist that doesn't get the credit or praise that they deserve, rather than the popularity among the people.
    I don't know a soul who listens to King Crimson personally and everyone I know is into rock music, even people my parents age never listened to them. And a lot of people hate Rush for some reason or another, probably because Geddy Lee used to sing insanely high back in the 70's, but that's his style and it was great for the music. Rush went from being a prog rock band to more hard rock in recent years and most people outside the radio listener audience never listen to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many good bands in here, including decapitated, rush, behemoth, etc.
    But I'd have to say that I don't hear enough about symphony X, they're really awesome and I seem to be the only one who listens =(

Edit: I listen to king crimson lol =)