Inscription - Worth it?

I was thinking of leveling up a new profession on my 85 shaman and was thinking about going herbalism/inscription but it raises the question is it worth it, aside from the improved shoulder enchant it doesn't seem like they really get anything out of it like the other professions (BS's sockets on gloves/bracers, enchanter's ring enchants, leatherworkers bracers/glove enchant etc). Was just curious as to what high lvl inscripters thought about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It keeps you from having to farm one type of rep, and gives the same 80-ish bonus stats that most other professions give. And Depending on your server it can be profitable(Alliance side on mine, glyphs sell extremely cheap, but horde glyphs usually go for 100 or more)

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont have to grind rep for shoulder enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    It keeps you from having to farm one type of rep, and gives the same 80-ish bonus stats that most other professions give. And Depending on your server it can be profitable(Alliance side on mine, glyphs sell extremely cheap, but horde glyphs usually go for 100 or more)
    Unless of course he has alts. Which I assume he does. ^.^

If you have lots of time being a SCRIBE is a great way to make money.

Deleted
    I've made a ton of money selling glyphs. Zero auctions addon made it really easy