View Poll Results: Do you think Ganking, Griefing, and/or Camping is right?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as long as they are at or around your level.

    55 36.91%
  • Yes, and it doesn't matter what level they are.

    64 42.95%
  • No.

    30 20.13%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    So i was leveling my lvl 53 feral druid in Un'goro Crater. I was at a camp accepting some quests when a troll mage of lvl 56 shows up and 5 secs later kills me.

    I run back and proceed to gank him 5 times. By the 6th time he has a lvl 54 hunter with. They were stupid enough to do a duel which ended with both at low hp and i killed them both.

    Ganking never felt so sweet.

  2. #22
    You don't come across people ten or more levels below you in a BG, why would you "PvP" someone outside of a BG who's that much lower than you? Fair World PvP is something that's really rare. Usually it's some max level mercilessly camping a lowbie. I don't see a point really.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fend View Post
    I kill any horde I come across, since day one baby.
    this

    ..chars

  4. #24
    Yes to all. All acceptable in my books.

    I camp greys. Is it cool? Nope. Lately I find I take great pleasure in ruining others game play experience without having to say a word/emote. I'm into that kind of thing. I will camp you.

  5. #25
    I only camp lowbies when they think it is a good idea to attack a max level character! Hasn't happened much since flying everywhere was introduced.

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire Rozaparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragekitty View Post
    You don't come across people ten or more levels below you in a BG, why would you "PvP" someone outside of a BG who's that much lower than you? Fair World PvP is something that's really rare. Usually it's some max level mercilessly camping a lowbie. I don't see a point really.
    Where in any definition is it "fair"?

    What's the point to slaying a pixel dragon? Oh, I forgot you get gear and achivements which are measures of your skill or fun? Those are intangible items that don't measure up to anything. You wasting your time on pixel pride is exactly the same as someone else playing however they want, even if it's camping and ganking.

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post

    You do not understand the term "Baddie"
    Really, so you've seen Glads and GMs camp and grief people? Because I certainly haven't. Wonder why that is. Oh, I know why. Because they're worse at PvP than the people who join up an AB in full PvE gear fighting on the road instead of node defending.

    I know perfectly well what the term "baddie" means. It means people who choose an aspect of the game and are terrible at it. Griefrs/campers of lowbies suck at PvP, so they simply turn their attention to something that they know they can't utterly fail at to fill their cracking superiority complexes. They're baddies. And again, why anyone would CHOOSE to be a baddie is beyond my comprehension.

    Kill a lowbie once, that's pretty much expected. Kill them twice, you're being a nuisance. Sit there for three hours doing that...come on, you think that player has any actual PvP skill? Get real.

  8. #28
    Darnit, I completely overlooked the first option and just hit no... I'm fine with ganking and camping (to a point), as long as the fight is fair. I'm adamantly opposed to people who fly around zones like Redridge Mountains, The Barrens, etc looking for lowbies to kill and camp, because that takes, literally, no skill...

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire Rozaparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Really, so you've seen Glads and GMs camp and grief people? Because I certainly haven't. Wonder why that is. Oh, I know why. Because they're worse at PvP than the people who join up an AB in full PvE gear fighting on the road instead of node defending.

    I know perfectly well what the term "baddie" means. It means people who choose an aspect of the game and are terrible at it. Griefrs/campers of lowbies suck at PvP, so they simply turn their attention to something that they know they can't utterly fail at to fill their cracking superiority complexes. They're baddies. And again, why anyone would CHOOSE to be a baddie is beyond my comprehension.

    Kill a lowbie once, that's pretty much expected. Kill them twice, you're being a nuisance. Sit there for three hours doing that...come on, you think that player has any actual PvP skill? Get real.
    Who cares if they can't fight back? I don't play this game for fair PvP. If I wanted fair PvP, I wouldn't be playing on a PvP server. Just because you haven't seen Gladiators ganking and griefing doesn't mean they aren't out there. Do you sit and monitor all of them? I guess because you say it, it must be right.

    No one ganks or camps a lowbie and flexes it. In the case there are people that boast about killing a lowbie, then yeah sure. You could call them bad. The fact is that you make assumptions that people think they are good because they kill a lowbie, which is just wrong. We know you've adamant in saying that ganking means you're a bad player, but your data is flawed and incorrect - it's all subjective and insubstantial.

    Again, you're wrong. Sure Battlegrounds and Arenas may take skill when compared to ganking / camping lowbies, but why must everything be measured with a skill stick. People pay their $15 a month to do whatever they want. You're just upset that some people spend $15 a month to try and ruin the game for you, which is 100% in line with the TOS.

  10. #30
    if i see a red name above someone i jump on them, wether they are same level or 80 levels lower, it doesnt matter.. they chose to be the wrong faction on the pvp realm and therefore have to die..

    Camping is not something i do unless im getting camped first, and get the battle turned around.. but then they deserve it and i will gladly camp them for hours while doing my farming

  11. #31
    Ganking - Fine, you chose a PvP server and gotta live with it.
    Griefing - I have to be honest-- I like it when someone comes up with a clever way to kill me or screw me over; it breaks up the monotony and I don't take it personally. It usually means I learn something and you'd better believe I'll be applying the good tactics myself. Back while leveling my priest in Wrath, some enemy ret paladin thought he was being slick by hiding near town guards after losing a 1v1. I hit him with my stat stick and watched the guards beat him to death. I bet he learned not to leave his ret aura on in a neutral town after that. I get a laugh and he gets a little wisdom
    Camping - If I'm camping someone, they started it. Bear in mind, this involves my camping fellow high-levels. If someone loses to me and they bring their main to try and harass me, I'll sit on them until they log (this RARELY happens anymore). If someone in my range camps me, I move (assuming I can't counter them owing to gear/class/spec/sucking). I might even move if it's a high level and I can't be arsed to get anything competitive; most campers are terrible at it (they sit on the body instead of anticipating that the camped person will try to rez out of sight and ride to somewhere safe). I have NEVER had to log owing to someone camping me (and again, I've rarely been camped myself). As for camping low levels, no need. I might steamroll them just for being there but after that, I move on to what I was doing.

    --Leveled seven 85s, one 83, one 82 and one 51 on a PvP server. I have NO desire to play on a PvE server again.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2011-04-11 at 03:58 PM.

  12. #32
    Well I got ganged at lvl 27 by a lvl 27 and 28, I won after I rezed from them killing me unexpectedly. So just fight back is my only answer.

  13. #33
    Ganking : annoying but whatever as long as they mind their business and move on after generally speaking if you see someone is minding their business questing and you gank them for no reason its a douche thing to do still.

    Camping/Griefing : Complete asshole thing to do UNLESS they ganked your alt and you're making them pay for it on a main , then its all good cause they friggin asked for it

  14. #34
    Field Marshal Neccros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    56
    Personally I'm not into camping but if I see a member of the opposing faction, I will kill them once just for fun. Be it max level or low level, it's the name of the game.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Really, so you've seen Glads and GMs camp and grief people?
    Yes, absolutely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I know perfectly well what the term "baddie" means. It means people who choose an aspect of the game and are terrible at it. Griefrs/campers of lowbies suck at PvP, so they simply turn their attention to something that they know they can't utterly fail at to fill their cracking superiority complexes. They're baddies. And again, why anyone would CHOOSE to be a baddie is beyond my comprehension.
    Ok, so you sort of know what "baddie" means, but you're projecting attributes on to a group of people without having evidence... i.e. you're name calling (and its very effective I might add).

    Also if you gank people then you're not a baddie... you're successful at ganking... unless you somehow manage to fail at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Kill a lowbie once, that's pretty much expected. Kill them twice, you're being a nuisance. Sit there for three hours doing that...come on, you think that player has any actual PvP skill? Get real.
    Do this so said lowbie brings his main and his friends out to where you are.


    General statement to Fenixdown:
    Fact is, you have no business being in the PvP section. I've seen countless posts from you that all seem to say "I want clear cut rules of how to engage other players. I don't want to have to do something I don't want to do. If I want to fight another player I want there to be clear rules that will be obeyed giving me an equal opportunity to win no matter what the circumstances are. All others who think otherwise are bad!" This game has a nonlinear design the point is to sometimes make your own rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Fend View Post
    I kill any horde I come across, since day one baby.
    This is my rule.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire Rozaparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
    Yes, absolutely.



    Ok, so you sort of know what "baddie" means, but you're projecting attributes on to a group of people without having evidence... i.e. you're name calling (and its very effective I might add).

    Also if you gank people then you're not a baddie... you're successful at ganking... unless you somehow manage to fail at that.



    Do this so said lowbie brings his main and his friends out to where you are.


    General statement to Fenixdown:
    Fact is, you have no business being in the PvP section. I've seen countless posts from you that all seem to say "I want clear cut rules of how to engage other players. I don't want to have to do something I don't want to do. If I want to fight another player I want there to be clear rules that will be obeyed giving me an equal opportunity to win no matter what the circumstances are. All others who think otherwise are bad!" This game has a nonlinear design the point is to sometimes make your own rules



    This is my rule.
    Thank you! Unfortunately I don't think any bit of logic responds well with this individual.

  17. #37
    over 20% of people think that ON A PVP SERVER even ganking someone YOUR OWN LEVEL is wrong?

    WTF?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire Rozaparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    over 20% of people think that ON A PVP SERVER even ganking someone YOUR OWN LEVEL is wrong?

    WTF?
    I know, sad isn't it. This just shows you how sensitive and silly people are, that they think they shouldn't be interrupted while doing what they want to do. What is even the point of separating PvE from PvP servers?

    I..............feel the.......rage.................building....must...gank................NOW!

  19. #39
    I figured I'd add this as well:

    I used to be strictly "if it's red, it's dead." I've grown really apathetic about this; I'll still go after everyone who's within my level range but I almost never bother lowbies anymore and I think some of this mindset change stems from something that wasn't a possibility until recently: one account having both factions on a PvP server. I used to head to say, SS, and start tearing the town apart with one goal in mind: getyourmain, getyourmain, getyourmain. No mains show up anymore, even if they have one. Instead, I get annoying tells from level 1s making threats against my mother. If my goal were to troll them, I suppose I would be satisfied with that but I miss turf wars. I stirred the pot because I wanted trouble, a challenge. Not crying:/ If I were to sit down and count the incidents though (I still don't get too many who are so angry that they need to make an alt to tell me about it), I think I get more rage from people my own level. What gives? Get some friends and force me to run away with my tail between my legs! Don't cry about it! I think all this instanced content has turned my fellow PvPers into softies. . .or I suppose it's just that many of the old-school fogies aren't around anymore.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    I..............feel the.......rage.................building....must...gank................NOW!
    Sigh... This also makes me want to uphold true Alliance/Horde relations atm, but unfortunately I'm stuck at work for a while.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •