Computer Problem

Hey guys my desktop wont recognize the mouse & keyboard.. when i turn it on everything loads fine but the mouse & keyboard wont work i have them connected thru USB but nothing.. i even press f2 in the beginning and i tab and move down and up with the keyboard and mouse works but when the windows loads they wont work anyone knows how to resolve this please? thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YosvaniAce View Post
    Hey guys my desktop wont recognize the mouse & keyboard.. when i turn it on everything loads fine but the mouse & keyboard wont work i have them connected thru USB but nothing.. i even press f2 in the beginning and i tab and move down and up with the keyboard and mouse works but when the windows loads they wont work anyone knows how to resolve this please? thanks in advance
    Do you have other USB ports you can try? Are the USB ports you are using the 'powered' kind?

Don't know if you've tried this or not : Hook up your old mouse/keyboard..Make sure they still work...Let your computer load normally from the "Restart" (if you are using a windows product)...Unplug old mouse/keyboard and plug in new ones (One at a time, to see if the system sees them and loads them as P&P if they ARE P&P or loads their drivers if they aren't)...

Just a suggestion....

"Fall 7 times, stand up 8" Something I learned from a Japanese friend, in the "Major Japanese Earthquake" Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Yrret View Post
    Do you have other USB ports you can try? Are the USB ports you are using the 'powered' kind?

Don't know if you've tried this or not : Hook up your old mouse/keyboard..Make sure they still work...Let your computer load normally from the "Restart" (if you are using a windows product)...Unplug old mouse/keyboard and plug in new ones (One at a time, to see if the system sees them and loads them as P&P if they ARE P&P or loads their drivers if they aren't)...

Just a suggestion....
    i tried all of that and it wont work.. i even tried to put a flashdrive and nothing.. the usb drives wont work
    anyone knows how to fix the usb drives on a dell? in the bios or something