Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    if you "know" who it is, just kick them from the raid, wait til they get punted from the instance

drop the feast, let everyone get buff

then reinvite them and resummon
    they should get the picture pretty quickly as to whats up

if its still disappearing, it prob wasnt them, and you have someone unfunny and unintelligent being an ass in ur raid grp
    if its not, problem solved, because the person who was doing it was either the one you removed, or someone still in the grp who has wised up and not being an ass anymore

win win
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-12 at 10:51 AM.

Good Luck

RSA - Raeli's Spell Announce - w.ww.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/rsa.aspx
    Try using this works with Lightwell might need to see about adding it

i would say have people you trust such as officers/trustable raiders not use the feast and start watching the people who you believe to be the person doing it.
    also try odd placement of the feast 1 guild i was in when icc first released hid the feast in walls (don't know if cata raid walls allow fish placement) a good option to narrow down culprits is just keep a record of people they are getting the feast if there's 1 name getting fish every time well there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Heartnet View Post
    I just want to know why someone would even waste their time doing something so mean, and yet pointless.
    Gabriel's greater internet fuckwad theory (www [dot] penny-arcade [dot] com/comic/2004/03/19/) adequately explains this and other, similar phenomena.

(sorry, had to add [dot]s, don't have enough posts to do links yet.)

With all of the ethical and moral issues aside could you please let me know if you tried the addon snippet I provided so you can solve this issue, once and for all OP.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    With all of the ethical and moral issues aside could you please let me know if you tried the addon snippet I provided so you can solve this issue, once and for all OP.

Sorry for the delay,

Have Made it in to a addon and tried it out. it recognizes that I have dropped a bucket and "Empty's the count table" up on which I spam clicked it like the offender must be doing, and it didn't count any clicks or display anything in the chat box I was in a raid group at the time of testing.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2011-04-12 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    and it didn't count any clicks or display anything in the chat box
    Code:
    if arg[9 ]== 87959 and arg[2] == "SPELL_AURA_REFRESH" then
    The Drink/Food buff Spell ID seems to be incorrect .. you might wanna try to grab the Spell ID with /etrace, or a debugging addon, or straight from the WoWCombatLog.txt
    Wowhead might have it somewhere, but it's kinda hard to find, since it comes from clicking an "object"
    Last edited by Ketho; 2011-04-12 at 09:07 PM.

I'm pretty sure 87959 is the Drink buff, look http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87959/drink#triggered-by

I think a possible issue may or may not be that it checks other players than yourself.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    lies? assuming that they haven't found this thread, tell them you've made that addon and that it is telling you that it is them, if they do it again, they will be removed from the raid group

if it happens again, remove the person you suspect, see where it goes from there, a number of potential outcomes :P

Deleted
    Apparently they don't fire COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED for drinking anymore. Crap.

I'll try coming up with another solution.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 08:42 AM ----------

Code:
    local fishtrack = CreateFrame("Frame")
    fishtrack:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    fishtrack:RegisterEvent("UNIT_AURA")
    fishtrack.num = {}
    fishtrack.lastExpire = {}
    fishtrack:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
        if event == "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" then
    		local arg = {...}
    		if arg[9] == 87644 and arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_START" then
    			table.wipe(self.num)
    			print("Seafood Magnifique Feast detected, emptying count table.")
    		end
    	else
    		local uid=...
    		local n=UnitName(...)
    		if self.lastExpire[name] and self.lastExpire[name] > GetTime() then
    			local _, _, _, _, _, _, exp = UnitAura(uid, "Drink")
    			if exp then
    				if exp > self.lastExpire[name] then
    					self.num[name] = (self.num[name] or 0)+1
    					if self.num[name] >= 3 then
    						print(name.." has refreshed his Drink buff "..(self.num[name]).." times since the last feast!")
    					end
    				end
    				self.lastExpire[name] = exp
    			end
    		end
    	end
    end)
    New stuff. Replace the old file.

Deleted
    thanks for the code I will try out tonight when im raiding treeston

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 11:40 AM ----------

sorry for delay Real life got in the way.
    Tried updating the code however it didnt give any warning messages or counters.
    begining to think that this is not possible :s