Poll: Guild wars 2 or Tera online?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: GW2 or Tera?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

GW2 or Tera?

Well I'm thinking of to test one of the stated games in the title but I dont know which one. Been watching loads of videos lately and by reading through forums make my mind very split-up so would you like to discuss what you think of Guild wars 2 and Tera online?

At the moment I find Tera a bit more interesting because of It's non-targeting and have to aim your attacks which leads it into a skill>gear+spam=success.

At same time Guild wars 2 will have big epic world events (world bosses) which will require big raids in order to manage but at same time smaller groups for instances only.
    Also what makes GW2 neat is the fact there's no monthly subscription in order to play but it got It's negative effects aswell...

So peace out and let me know what you think of these games!

TERA looks pretty nice, it's not your typical Aion type game from what I can hear, which is great.

Why not both? Thats what im going to do.

You could also try TERA now its just all in Korean

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Why not both? Thats what im going to do.

You could also try TERA now its just all in Korean
    Could do but dont want too many games to play hehe. Also isn't the obt already over? Or at least closed for the moment?

GW2 won't be out for a while so just test out both, then you can decide which one you prefer.

GW2 been waiting for this since Factions was released :P Same as i was waiting for Diablo 3 when D2:LoD was released im sure i can see into the future of gaming :P

Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    Could do but dont want too many games to play hehe. Also isn't the obt already over? Or at least closed for the moment?
    Korean retail is easy to get into. It costs $35 you just have to wait like half a day to download it, i had something like 200 latency. PM me if your interested

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Korean retail is easy to get into. It costs $35 you just have to wait like half a day to download it, i had something like 200 latency. PM me if your interested
    Will keep that in mind but think I can wait for the eu/us release for now. Also a bit annoying to read everything in Korean rofl! Another thing that keeps bothering me is that GW2 havnt updated the beta/footage with customizing of characters and only picks a char which is done random for you when you choose class. It makes much sense for me as a gamer that you can make an unique charachter that not dousands of other people look like so that part will be interesting aswell when GW2 comes to that state!

Deleted
    TERA is being released now or pretty soon afaik while Guild Wars 2 isn't scheduled until 2012. Try both.

Will keep that in mind but think I can wait for the eu/us release for now. Also a bit annoying to read everything in Korean rofl! Another thing that keeps bothering me is that GW2 havnt updated the beta/footage with customizing of characters and only picks a char which is done random for you when you choose class. It makes much sense for me as a gamer that you can make an unique charachter that not dousands of other people look like so that part will be interesting aswell when GW2 comes to that state!
    Thats why i stopped haha for quests it was ok its something over here now lets try to match up symbols.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think GW2 will be more worthwhile, but it will come out later. I've been looking into both too, but I'm looking forward to GW2 more though.
    Don't think GW2 will be bad or anything, they still only give out alpha footage on the site/demos, so nobody knows what some stuff is like yet, they are keeping very quiet about GW2, which is also a good thing, everything gets released when it's ready with Anet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellyead View Post
    I think GW2 will be more worthwhile, but it will come out later. I've been looking into both too, but I'm looking forward to GW2 more though.
    Don't think GW2 will be bad or anything, they still only give out alpha footage on the site/demos, so nobody knows what some stuff is like yet, they are keeping very quiet about GW2, which is also a good thing, everything gets released when it's ready with Anet.
    Yeah, gotta agree with that they keep quiet with leaking out too much info which in the long run makes it boring when it finally get's released cus you've seen all features already that turn it into a game which isnt feel new when you start playing it. That's also one thought I've had that I dont want to play beta(s) and let it feel shiny when I manage to get it fully installed on my computer and run the game

None of them really interest me, but if I had to choose, it would probably be GW2. Guild Wars 2 hasn't really shown me anything that's convincing other than the pretty graphics, but there's nothing I hate more than the typical korean MMO. If the past has shown us anything, they usually don't translate well to us because it usually involves all grinding and no substance.
    Last edited by moaradin; 2011-04-11 at 10:41 PM.

GW2 bar none

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    None of them really interest me, but if I had to choose, it would probably be GW2. The game hasn't shown me anything that's convincing other than the pretty graphics, but there's nothing I hate more than the typical korean MMO. If the past has shown us anything, they usually don't translate well to us because it usually involves all grinding and no substance.
    GW2 wants to elimitate grinding, there is no required grind only optional grind. (I.E. rep titles). Everything is about you as the player in GW2, they are taking a new way with their MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyead View Post
    GW2 wants to elimitate grinding, there is no required grind only optional grind. (I.E. rep titles). Everything is about you as the player in GW2, they are taking a new way with their MMO.
    Yea, I was talking about Tera because it is a korean game and that's what I was referring to. Guild Wars has some neat ideas on paper, but they haven't really SHOWN any of it. I personally think the interactive story quest that SWTOR is offering is a better solution to end grinding, but I don't wanna turn this into a SWTOR vs. Guild Wars thread. I don't have any bias against GW2, and I do hope that its really good because competition is only good for both sides.

Trick question, the correct answer is SW:TOR.

But, if one had to choose between the two GW2 is probably the better choice, no monthly fee and personally I prefer the style of it better.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Guild Wars 2 hasn't really shown me anything that's convincing other than the pretty graphics, but there's nothing I hate more than the typical korean MMO.
    You should check out the class videos on the site if you haven't. The various class abilities *feel* and look so powerful, it's insane.

To be fair, this is what they all claim. This is what Rift claimed yet all Rift is, is grinding in a little bit more of a fun way.

Guild Wars 2 will definitely be a "grind" to those that want it to be a grind. If it's anything like GW1 in regards to story progression though, there will be absolutely no need. The story flow of GW was really great.

Trick question, the correct answer is SW:TOR.
    After Dragon Age 2, I think Biowares 'impeccable' reputation is essentially ruined. I think ToR is going to be a flop, but who knows (the only thing it's riding on, is being made by Bioware. Aside from that, there's no innovation at all).
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    After Dragon Age 2, I think Biowares 'impeccable' reputation is essentially ruined. I think ToR is going to be a flop, but who knows (the only thing it's riding on, is being made by Bioware. Aside from that, there's no innovation at all).
    That is easily proven wrong by doing a little research. None of the people responsible for Dragon Age 2 is working on TOR. In fact, the lead designer of SWTOR created pretty much all of the best Bioware games that are generally accepted by the community. James Ohlen was the lead designer for Baldur's Gate, Knights of the Old Republic, and was in charge of Dragon Age Origins before he went to work on SWTOR.

You can even go to the thread on the front page and it will show you how well polished and good this game is already looking, and how big the improvements will effect. Most people don't understand how huge of an impact the cinematic questing, voice over, and choices will improve your overall experience and immersion. I think most people will be surprised when they actually play it in person. There are hundreds of people that got to play it at events the past couple months, and most of them are overly positive and do point out how much these things effect the experience.

Again, I don't wanna turn this into a SWTOR thread. It's clearly about Tera and GW2 lol.
    Last edited by moaradin; 2011-04-11 at 11:15 PM.

Deleted
    in my opinion gw:2 will be the best mmo for pvp