Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    In short, they're rude, not very bright, whiny, and expect the world to be at their feet with zero effort.
    As a 16 year old, unfortunately, I agree. Most people I know seem to be like this.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    As a 16 year old, unfortunately, I agree. Most people I know seem to be like this.
    Holy... you're 16.

Well, I've seen many of your posts and you seem very mature.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    The igeneration are thick, lazy and ignorant. Absorbed in their menial lives, caring little for the troubles of others, desiring only their selfish wants, they will be the downfall of humankind.
    Sounds just like the Boomers to me. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Times are a lot different now than they were just twenty years ago. I was born in the late '80s, and as a child of the '90s I never had a whole lot of fancy shit (though my dad had a computer but I only used it seldomly)...no one did, really, the spoiled rich kids had a Sega Genesis or Snes with a couple games. No cell phones, no color games, no online games, no internet everywhere....it was quite rare for youth to even own a console system until the PS1/N64 consoles came out. My older brother and I used to go outside and hike in the woods, build forts, climb trees to a height that probably would have killed us if we had fallen and landed on our heads, for hours at a time without adult supervision, kind of like the good 'ole days.

This geneartion drives me batshit, most of the parents seem to not give a shit about what their kids do. See, whenever I brought my classic Gameboy with the black and white screen and 4 AA batteries, it stayed in the bloody car at restops, restaurants...anywhere public, and that was reasonable. It's time to behave like a family and pay attention to them instead of texting your friend while he's taking a poop. I know I'm one in ten thousand in terms of people my age when I say I think texting is stupid as hell. I've sent three in my lifetime via cellphone, all three of them to my boss with a simply reply asking me to come in at a different time. Thats about all its good for, simple messages that actually have some significance. I don't need to know when Timmy is masturbating or what color purse Susan is thinking about buygin. I. DON'T. CARE. Ugh.

I wouldn't worry about how people see your generation if i were you because the people of every generation thinks the same of the one that comes after. I'd be more worried about how people see your nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally View Post
    Todays generation is a direct product of the education system. My 10 year old daughter cant tell me who the first 3 presidents were but she knows that cars are bad for the environment, and how she is never going to own a car because of this. She can also tell me more about MLK jr and Pres obama than she can about any of the founding fathers. She also has to come up with ideas about how to get the students and community more involved in community awareness. But I dont know what i was expecting from a system that spends more on teachers pensions than they do for books and materials. That is where your tax dollars are going. Not to education.
    Yeah, keep blaming the system. How about you spend some time at home educating your daughter and quit blaming everyone else for your daughters stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Holy... you're 16.

Well, I've seen many of your posts and you seem very mature.
    I get that a lot :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shockpally View Post
    Todays generation is a direct product of the education system. My 10 year old daughter cant tell me who the first 3 presidents were but she knows that cars are bad for the environment, and how she is never going to own a car because of this. She can also tell me more about MLK jr and Pres obama than she can about any of the founding fathers. She also has to come up with ideas about how to get the students and community more involved in community awareness. But I dont know what i was expecting from a system that spends more on teachers pensions than they do for books and materials. That is where your tax dollars are going. Not to education.
    How is this a bad thing? She is learning to live for the day and how to make a positive change to the future.

I'm 19 and see my generation (11-19) as open minded and positive thinkers. I agree that it has also become more lazy though, but I think they'll turn around once they hit their twenties.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

I'm already 29 but not really feeling that old, so I would say....

"Some dumb people don't notice how stupid they are and what usually betrays them is their tendency to think they are smarter than everyone."

I'm sure this applys at all ages, whatever the wealth, the life experience, the social status or the diplomas. And probably you can make the same kind of observation about activity/lazyness (people often think they work more than others, especially when they don't do the same job).

I'm actually pretty retarded so this theory can be completelly wrong, but I would say that you should not compare yourself to others, just try to be proud of yourself, enjoy your youth and do your best, that would already be quite awesome. Soon enough you'll be judging the next generation anyway.

When you stare into the abyss..

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...

Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

I am a hacker, enter my world...

Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...

Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."

Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...

Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...

Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.
    ..it stares back into you.

I'm only 21 but like I honestly cannot believe how much has changed with teenagers around where I live. At 14 and 15, their having sex / threesomes, etc. It's really crazy to me, because when I was that age hardly any of my age group was like that. I have to agree with some posts about us getting lazier - it is true. Most teenagers just want to party, and forget about their education. It's really sad. I am not saying having a good time now and again is bad or anything, but that's all they seem to focus on is getting wasted and banged.
    Last edited by Laufeia; 2011-04-12 at 01:11 AM.

With a few exceptions of course....

Basically your lazy kids who lack proper education.You are rude,ignorant and just plain outright spoiled.

You think the whole world owes you everything,but do not want to do the work needed to obtain what you want.Your greedy,self centered kids who could use a good dose of manners and how to behave toward people as a whole.

This video pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I've noticed teens are becoming more and more like the stars of Napoleon Dynamite, Zombie Land, Scot Pilgrim vs. the World and other upcoming movies staring the bottom end of the IQ curve. The "in" crowd resembles the special ed crowd from 10-15 years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    So much hate from the older generation of players here. You're all giving this 'back in my day' crap, but i bet if i was to go and ask the generation above you, they would point out all your bad points which you didn't seem to have. Why can't you try to look at a wider picture rather than point out the obvious flaws which your generation allowed my generation to pick up. Sure, there are lazy people in my generation and whatever else you like to point out, but my generation is likely to push through with creating a better world for us to live in. We have an open minded attitude to people with different life styles, sexualities and opinions and we are pushing for the right to have REAL freedom of speech. Once we can all get along without discrimination, we can learn to develop a better, safer, healthier and more loving world.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

I do agree with Shiik there, too. Have to say, some of the older generations seem to be pretty racist and homophobic ... "newer" generations seem to be a lot more opened minded as Shiik said. I think each generation has their faults and good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii View Post
    So much hate from the older generation of players here. You're all giving this 'back in my day' crap, but i bet if i was to go and ask the generation above you, they would point out all your bad points which you didn't seem to have. Why can't you try to look at a wider picture rather than point out the obvious flaws which your generation allowed my generation to pick up. Sure, there are lazy people in my generation and whatever else you like to point out, but my generation is likely to push through with creating a better world for us to live in. We have an open minded attitude to people with different life styles, sexualities and opinions and we are pushing for the right to have REAL freedom of speech. Once we can all get along without discrimination, we can learn to develop a better, safer, healthier and more loving world.
    You won't stand a chance - the generation before mine squandered every opportunity and every financial resource they were given, then they birthed you solely to show you off like a fine piece of jewelry. You're like leftover bedazzles waiting to be thrown in the trash once your parents realize they gave their only denim jacket to the Goodwill.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2011-04-12 at 01:38 AM.

i hate our generation. hate. it. to many of us are really fucking dumb. Impatient, greedy and no respect.

however, that being said, i think our generation is hard to compare to previous because of the changes, such as technology and other circumstances. thats all ill say on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

You can't say "we're likely to push through it", you can't see the future, and things (especially technology) can change VERY fast. Not trying to be cynical in saying this, but it's just fact that change is coming faster and more often than ever now.
    Last edited by Rayleigh; 2011-04-12 at 03:00 AM.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

We are lazy, and those around us are absolute idiots. I would not classify myself as an idiot, and many are smart, but most are just shameful in intelligence.

But then, why bother when the future involves spending thousands in superschool then slaving for a government, all while we are called inferior and not listened to about any opinion?

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 03:17 AM ----------

Well put. How many of the previous generation can say they didnt hate communism? How many can say they didnt follow in religious values? How many can say they didnt persecute against sexuality or race? How many can say they didnt hear of the glory of those previous to them? Of course that would not have solely one generation.
    Then it is expect of us to solve the problems of the world(which have escalated far beyond any in past history) while they all grow old and senile?

10+ Year Old Account
    23 here, and I notice that so many younger kids are different from when I was kid (well no duh). It's kind of eye opening that there's a very easy to spot difference between me and these teens. Sure, a lot of kids were rude and lazy and spoiled when I was a kid, but it seems so much more prevalent now. As to what to place the blame on, it's tons of things, but I'm sure stating anything will make this go way off topic. Look at it this way, there's tons of kids on Xbox Live or on PC MMOs and online games playing all the time (and we all know about their behavior). Back then, the only way to play with others was either going to a friend's or having friends come over and playing on a TV screen. Don't even get me started on how young kids are now that aren't so innocent anymore.

I have a bit of insight on this because of how I see my younger siblings and how they behave.

The only good thing... uh, well, kids nowadays all have cellphones. Makes keeping track of them easier. And they know more about technology on an extremely basic level.