Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just curious since I haven't read the past threads on the related CTA topic... have people been QQ'ing that bag you get from CTA contains "recycled" content and doesn't actually contain anything new? Or are people just complaining because tanks/healers get a bag and it's "not fair" that DPS don't get one? I mean, it almost seems like the bag could contain all grey items worth 1 copper and the DPS would still complain because "omg they're getting a bag it's not fair give me a bag too!".

Just wondering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Just curious since I haven't read the past threads on the related CTA topic... have people been QQ'ing that bag you get from CTA contains "recycled" content and doesn't actually contain anything new? Or are people just complaining because tanks/healers get a bag and it's "not fair" that DPS don't get one? I mean, it almost seems like the bag could contain all grey items worth 1 copper and the DPS would still complain because "omg they're getting a bag it's not fair give me a bag too!".

Just wondering.
    Oh they're complaining about just about everything, as usual. Mostly the "but what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!?" special dps snowflakes complaining about not getting a goodie bag though. Especially the pure dps classes who can't take advantage of it without playing an alt.

Been a while since I've played, but is it just me or does it say, "You may receive this reward 7 more times this week?" If that's the case, I don't see it really solving anything, because players will just fill the roll 7 times, then move on back to queuing as a DPS role.

fail, that you have to queue alone..
    i am always running with my GF (healer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Just curious since I haven't read the past threads on the related CTA topic... have people been QQ'ing that bag you get from CTA contains "recycled" content and doesn't actually contain anything new? Just wondering.
    They complaining about giving the opportunity to tanks/healers to get mounts that are ugly,outdated and soloable.
    If they have decided to include new mount then they will complaining for giving new mount to tank and healers.
    If they did nothing they will complaining about 1 hour queues.

You really can't have a social and constructive dialog with a whining psychopath do you?
    Well Blizzard thinks the same so ignores the whining and i'm 100% with it.

Deleted
    so dps will never be able to get the call to arms satchel??? Im so glad i play i single role class......................................................warlock

Same faction BGs are going to be AWESOME. Queue times are going to be non-existant.

sure we gonna have a new kind of queue, waiting4dps xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Same faction BGs are going to be AWESOME. Queue times are going to be non-existant.
    Please note that this is only for RATED battlegrounds. Regular ones should have the same ole unbalanced queues as long as Horde is the more popular faction to PvP as.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Been a while since I've played, but is it just me or does it say, "You may receive this reward 7 more times this week?" If that's the case, I don't see it really solving anything, because players will just fill the roll 7 times, then move on back to queuing as a DPS role.
    Yes, it means that instead of having to do a random every day of the week, you can for example do 3 on tuesday, 2 on wednesday, and another 2 on Friday and be done with it for the week.

I'm unsure how this will affect queues, it can really go both ways.

so dps will never be able to get the call to arms satchel??? Im so glad i play i single role class............................................. .........warlock
    your queues will hopefully be shorter. You can get the satchel by rolling a healer or tank alt, that's not complicated, I have 2 of both and my main's a lock.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2011-04-12 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    This is just completely unfair to classes that can only dps such as rogue or locks or mages every other class can get this satchel but those 3's

and thats why you can do it on a tank or healer alt.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the "you can only get this 7 days a week" refers to the Valor point reward displayed, not to the Goodie Bag. Earlier blue posts have stated that there's no limit to the number of bags you can earn.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    Boring! Can we get a release date instead? Fuck sake...
    no we cant because there isnt even a release candidate out yet which means we have to wait a while longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    This won't affect me since my Main is a healer, but I don't think it's fair to give rewards only to Tank/Healers.

Basically, we'll get overwhelmed by Healers & Tanks because every one that don't need VP from Random Heroics but need mounts, will run them on alts and not on their Mains (DPS'ers).

After a while, random queues for DPS'ers will be 3-4 minutes when Healers/Tank will take 5-6 minutes.

//Ogait

Deleted
    same faction battlegrounds are a stupid idea, totally break any storyline and are a bad attempt to fix horrible queues

/facepalm @all people saying bgs same faction IS rated bg no normals bg!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Says the pet/mount will be "Bind to Account", so for any people saying they can't take atvantage of these rewards, just tank on an alt and if you get the reward mail it to your main.
    Yep - that's what sold me. I got my Pally up to 85 and tanking heroics in prep now.

I didn't really care if I could just get mounts on my pally, but having them be available to mail to my shaman (where I do my collecting)? AWWWW YEEEAAHHH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    This won't affect me since my Main is a healer, but I don't think it's fair to give rewards only to Tank/Healers.

Basically, we'll get overwhelmed by Healers & Tanks because every one that don't need VP from Random Heroics but need mounts, will run them on alts and not on their Mains (DPS'ers).

After a while, random queues for DPS'ers will be 3-4 minutes when Healers/Tank will take 5-6 minutes.

//Ogait
    Oh no 6 minutes!

Actually, if it ever happened that there was more healers and tanks than DPS in the queue (remember that the ratio of healers:tanks:dps in a group is 1:1:3) then the DPS would get a Call to Arms, and all those tanks and healers in the queue would no longer be part of the CtA and thus less of them would queue...

It's a self-resolving issue, in short. The queue times should be equal for all classes bar those who are part of the current CtA. You should see a result ala: CtA class: instant queue, the rest: 5-6 mins.

I'm surprised Bub didn't note my all-time favorite addition with this patch. You know that big ugly box that shows up when you put a ticket in? Ever take a ticket out just to get it off of your screen? I know I have.

Well no more - now it is shrunk down and becomes a badge - like on Mac OS X - on the help button of your mini map.

I can't get to my computer to take an example photo of what it looks like, so here's what a MOSX badge looks like (it's the red thing)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a self-resolving issue, in short. The queue times should be equal for all classes bar those who are part of the current CtA. You should see a result ala: CtA class: instant queue, the rest: 5-6 mins.
    Fat chance. CtA won't be enough for many tanks to endure idiot-randoms. It sure won't be enough for me, because I want to have fun playing and not some "ogogog!! - OMG we wiped you noob stfu!" DPS.