Maloriak 10HC interrupts

Hi there,
    my guild has started Maloriak 10HC recently, and I (as a feral dps) have interrupt duties there. Yesterday i was interrupting Arcane Storm, while the tank interrupted Aberrations. Because the raid dmg is pretty high, my Arcane Storm needs to be interrupted rly fast, without any raid dmg tick. My problem is that I sometimes interrupt the Aberrations instead of Arcane Storm by mistake (they usually go one after another), which is unacceptable.
    I am using Quartz cast bars, have REALLY BIG target cast bar and it works perfectly on Halfus HC or Nefarian phase 2 interrupts (im usually most reliable guild interrupter), while here, where i have 2 different casts one after another, which i have to kick within 0,5 second, I just burn my brain and cant do that reliable enough.
    My question -> is there any way to have the Aberration cast bar HIDDEN, so its almost no way i would kick it? Would be perfect if Quartz would do such thing, but it can be other addons too. I tried hide all DBM notifications and all Quartz bars and try to interrupt only on Arcane Storm DBM warning, but the text is just too small. I need a BIIIG cast bar

Thanks for any answers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabeen View Post
    Hi there,
    my guild has started Maloriak 10HC recently, and I (as a feral dps) have interrupt duties there. Yesterday i was interrupting Arcane Storm, while the tank interrupted Aberrations. Because the raid dmg is pretty high, my Arcane Storm needs to be interrupted rly fast, without any raid dmg tick. My problem is that I sometimes interrupt the Aberrations instead of Arcane Storm by mistake (they usually go one after another), which is unacceptable.
    I am using Quartz cast bars, have REALLY BIG target cast bar and it works perfectly on Halfus HC or Nefarian phase 2 interrupts (im usually most reliable guild interrupter), while here, where i have 2 different casts one after another, which i have to kick within 0,5 second, I just burn my brain and cant do that reliable enough.
    My question -> is there any way to have the Aberration cast bar HIDDEN, so its almost no way i would kick it? Would be perfect if Quartz would do such thing, but it can be other addons too. I tried hide all DBM notifications and all Quartz bars and try to interrupt only on Arcane Storm DBM warning, but the text is just too small. I need a BIIIG cast bar

Thanks for any answers
    I had the same issue as an elemental shaman;
    Here's what I did - increased the text size of that blue Arcane Storm DBM shizzle, and disabled all other blue notifications. I disabled my castbar, relying solely on the blue text. I also had a friendly lock cast Curse of Tongues on him. I also downloaded Big Wigs for the timer on Arcane Storm, and disabled all other warnings. I also had Big Wigs do some blue text, so that it was 2x blue text, filling almost half the screen - can't miss that.
    Last edited by mmoca0c6d4149a; 2011-04-12 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    I would recomend focusing more, plus that maloriak gains a "buff" when he's about to do arcane storm which can also be good to look for.

In my guild we do it the other way around that the tank takes the storm and all other interupters help whenever adds needa be interupted, this is also helpful for green phase so you dont nessesarly have to follow maloriak to interupt that arcane storm when you got adds to kill.

Deleted
    Oh, and another thing; a few milliseconds before he casts the storm, he starts calling lightning down from the sky. So you could also just look to the sky and interrupt as soon as the lightning starts to crackle from the roof.

He gets a buff called Arcane Storm as he starts the channel, you can set up a power auras for it that way. Hard to miss a giant DANGER sign in the middle of your screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    you just have to have a keen eye, i'm on storm duty as well. there's a CD timer on DBM at least that seemed reasonably accurate, and if it's about to run out without him casting Release Abberations yet, chances are he will cast that first. that's the only thing i seemed to notice that helped me out, although to be fair i wasn't looking far beyond the CD timer and cast bar for a lot of the fight =P

15+ Year Old Account
    CoT sadly doesn't do anything to arcane storm.

You want Deadened.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/deadened/
    Get the lastest alpha (r76), which has support for current Quartz versions.
    Be nice to nerds, chances are you might end up working for one. -- Charles J. Sykes

Easy way to do it is to install PowerAuras and add a Spell Alert Aura for "Arcane Storm" - Make this put a huge symbol in the middle of your screen while it is casting (I use the 'STOP' sign myself).

Turn off the interrupt warning for 'Release Abberations' on DBM, then go by the alert sound it makes for Arcane Storm.
    2981-6619-3396

Quote Originally Posted by kabeen View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks for any answers
    You could go with DBM and only leave the Arcane Storm ticket for special warnings (if you dont have that option just update DBM).
    The turn off sounds so that there is only the "scream" from DBM warning you to interrupt the only thing you have to. Works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelaYOO View Post
    I had the same issue as an elemental shaman;
    Here's what I did - increased the text size of that blue Arcane Storm DBM shizzle, and disabled all other blue notifications. I disabled my castbar, relying solely on the blue text. I also had a friendly lock cast Curse of Tongues on him. I also downloaded Big Wigs for the timer on Arcane Storm, and disabled all other warnings. I also had Big Wigs do some blue text, so that it was 2x blue text, filling almost half the screen - can't miss that.
    Something similar to what i tried, although the blue notification might be a good point - just to clarify, its DBM -> Options -> Special Warnings -> Font size right (i already have it maxed :P )?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikozz View Post
    I would recomend focusing more, plus that maloriak gains a "buff" when he's about to do arcane storm which can also be good to look for.

In my guild we do it the other way around that the tank takes the storm and all other interupters help whenever adds needa be interupted, this is also helpful for green phase so you dont nessesarly have to follow maloriak to interupt that arcane storm when you got adds to kill.
    Focusing more is not a case, the more i focus the more wrong interrupts i get And I think that tank should kick Arcane as well, but im not the raid leader, will try to convince him

Quote Originally Posted by EvelaYOO View Post
    Oh, and another thing; a few milliseconds before he casts the storm, he starts calling lightning down from the sky. So you could also just look to the sky and interrupt as soon as the lightning starts to crackle from the roof.
    Worth try, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    He gets a buff called Arcane Storm as he starts the channel, you can set up a power auras for it that way. Hard to miss a giant DANGER sign in the middle of your screen.
    Very nice, I will try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarfoz View Post
    You want Deadened.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/deadened/
    Get the lastest alpha (r76), which has support for current Quartz versions.
    Is it the same mod that was used by rogues on Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple? Good old times
    BTW, if that would work, it's the solution closest to what i was looking for!

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 10:12 AM ----------

Deadened works perfect so far, i tried in SW, addon displayed Nourish cast while Regrowth was hidden as intended, just needed to enter the Regrowth's spell id into configuration.

Thanks all for your input!

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you do is kick arcane storm, you don't need the notifications for aberrations. So go ahead and disable those in your DBM.

Now you will only get warning sounds for arcane storm. And if you kick when the sound and message occur, not a single tick will go through, whereas waiting for the castbar will result in at least one tick.

I used to kick a bit as a back-up during green phases when our non-hit-capped melee were on interrupt-duty and often missed (with my hitcapped TC spec, this healer does not miss! *dances*). Now that some were made to be hitcapped, I still assist with kicks when I can, just in case.

You could setup Powerauras to react on Arcane storm, I use it as Enhance shaman and it works like a charm =)

Gnosis cast bar has a blacklist, you won't even see the abberation cast if you blacklist it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...andTimers.html

Deleted
    What I've found works best for me is going full-blown old-school on this one. Ignore caster bars, they will only confuse you.

Turn the camera 90 degrees up, so that you look directly down on top of maloriak's head, zoomed out a fair bit. Now - when he starts casting AS, your whole screen will appear to be pretty much covered in lightning well before any actual tick occurs. It's impossible to miss it or mistake for release or any other cast this way. As soon as you see lights on, mash that interrupt.

Setting your keys to cast-on-key press and adding a special warning for AS in DBM could help out too, just to stay extra safe.