Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

i miss bieng a noob...

honestly i miss being noob,things seemed so much more interesting in wow to me when i had no idea what was happening and what i was doing and yes that does include trying to run from dark shore all the way to hyjal....in vanilla...
    why are people so obsessed with progression? so what if you cleared 500 dungeons perfectly? i find it more interesting when someone or multiple people keep failing. like once i was in Zul Farak with group of people and we failed at almost ever 2 to 3 mob and people were forced to use creative ways to survive or rub it in other peoples faces for why they survived. we were laughing the entire way and had a blast.
    anyways you get the point, why are people so serious in MMO or any games for that matter as opposed to having fun, the whole purpose of games is to have fun right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its our job now, apparently

OT I miss those days too , ZF was a blast in its time and progression just seemed like a real achievement and fun was the No.1 factor

I too miss the days when I was totally clueless, clicking, and made up my spec and rotation as I went along. Things were more relaxed and fun.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Deleted
    well duh. Ofc it was wonderful the first time you took up your first toon in WoW. For me it took a long time, I did World (vanila) PvP In westfall/Tarren mill and stuff. Was absolutly Great!

Now, I've been everywhere, Done about everything and the only Joy I still find in this game is to Progress, Beat other guilds to kills and Be one of the few who will see a surtain amount of bosses.
    For example Sinestra before firelands.

Everything that is fun for me is in the end a competition. Even if it's about beating my guildies in dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I must be honest, you're totally right. The first epic feelings I had when starting with WoW, I took all the time I had to just explore the world, quests, abilities, stories, name it.
    I remember when I finally had hit lvl 10 and went to Loch Modan on my dwarf Hunter, stereotype first char ftw, and couldn't believe how epic it was to be able to swim to other islands in the(what I thought) big lake. I also remember how super awesome I found it to see it rain in WoW for the first time, I was lvl 16 on in Westfall, and it started raining for the first time, so in all my noobness I asked another player if it rained a lot in WoW, and if it was normal. Haha, the times I was a noob, loved it! Also exploring EPL at lvl 25, because you could walk there while questing in Hillsbrad Foothills, awesomesauce much.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Running from SW to IF without knowing there is a tunnel... WIN!

Deleted
    i was a nube from the day i started wow, until the day i quit 5+ yrs later & am happy to reveal that fact. i never took the game the nth level in terms of living & breathing it, even during the times of raiding 6 days a week. i just enjoyed it & was lucky enough to be a good healer. 95% of my achievements (6.5k at the time of quitting wow) were done pugging or raiding with the guild. only 5% were actually 1`s i decided to go for (the exalted @ 40 & starcaller) . i wasnt even interested in getting the icc mount & if im honest, i didnt even know how to go about getting it, but got it thru the guild. so yes, apart from reading up on raids, i completed everything i wanted to do in wow with pretty much that nube feeling throughout
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2011-04-12 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlacari View Post
    Running from SW to IF without knowing there is a tunnel... WIN!
    i got all the way to Redridge and black mountains(forgot the name) border and i say some guy on a horse coming towards me, and i told him to wait and asked if this is the right way to Ironforge.
    lets just say he was gentlemen and did not tell me to go to that huge mountain to the northwest using the road north of my location....
    after finding a group of level 50s and asking for more directions because it was obvious black rock mountain was NOT Iron forge a good mage had the decency to teleport me
    Last edited by Toho; 2011-04-12 at 11:19 AM.

i was buying vendor gear when i first started wow. came from ffxi/eq. the idea of quests giving me sufficient rewards was mind boggling. also attempted to complete every quest. like when silverpine had elite quests and there was that one quest to get some book inside the worgen filled town i had to time sap/gouge perfectly to open the quest item and i died over and over and finally got it. didn't even learn about talent points till i was in my 20's then i didn't want to spend them because i didn't know what was good.

i remember calling in help in stv cuz i was getting killed/camped constantly and my friends from ffxi were already all level 60 and running ubrs. so i had a vanguard of lvl 60's rolling around stv ganking people, almost no one had epic mounts cuz 900g was hard to get. probably the first time i started to like pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i was a nube from the day i started wow, until the day i quit 5+ yrs later & am happy to reveal that fact. i never took the game the nth level in terms of living & breathing it, even during the times of raiding 6 days a week. i just enjoyed it & was lucky enough to be a good healer. 95% of my achievements (6.5k at the time of quitting wow) were done pugging or raiding with the guild. only 5% were actually 1`s i decided to go for. i wasnt even interested in getting the icc mount & if im honest, i didnt even know how to go about getting it, but got it thru the guild. so yes, apart from reading up on raids, i completed everything i wanted to do in wow with pretty much that nube feeling throughout
    Thinking you're a noob =/= being a noob :P

Deleted
    I'd like to think I am no longer a noob, but i do remember those times at the beginning when you first started out.

Like a previous poster, discovering the Tram for the first time after several treks to IF was a kick in the teeth... but made me laugh. Also those first dungeons, where I had no idea at all what to do.

However... I still do noobish things from time to time.

My favourite is grumbling on vent about a particular drop rate of a quest item whilst in a raid group... I remember back in WOTLK killing about 100 mammoths for a JCing quest and moaning like crazy about how ridiculous it was, only to realise i was still in a raid group for the evenings raid.

No matter how pro we think we are... i think the most important thing is to smile at these moments of madness

Radcliffe - Lvl 85 Blood DK - Critical Mass - Blade's Edge EU

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    honestly i miss being noob,things seemed so much more interesting in wow to me when i had no idea what was happening and what i was doing and yes that does include trying to run from dark shore all the way to hyjal....in vanilla...
    why are people so obsessed with progression? so what if you cleared 500 dungeons perfectly? i find it more interesting when someone or multiple people keep failing. like once i was in Zul Farak with group of people and we failed at almost ever 2 to 3 mob and people were forced to use creative ways to survive or rub it in other peoples faces for why they survived. we were laughing the entire way and had a blast.
    anyways you get the point, why are people so serious in MMO or any games for that matter as opposed to having fun, the whole purpose of games is to have fun right?
    Wiping never was fun to me. When you're still a noob you don't care for this that much , yes. But I think it's wrong using the "it's about having fun"-card together with the "wiping isn't bad"-card. Wiping isn't fun to me.
    I really don't care for progression, but I rather waste time doing pointless things instead of wasting time not progressing. It's especially annoying if you know the cause of the wipe and it doesn't get a tiny bit better the next attempt. Not fun to me. I'm not entertained by hitting the same boss in the same room with a stick for hours.

Yes, I miss the days of being a noob, but not because I like wiping. I miss it because I cared less for everything. It was more relaxed. Everything was new and refreshing. Time flew by because I was so busy being astonished by the scenery or learning new stuff. Now I know all the basics, am always informed as soon as tiny bits of information are released/datamined. It's now a more serious hobby than a fun silly free-time activity.

I disagree that it's not fun anymore. It's different and everything looked better when you didn't knew much about all of this.
    I still have fun. Different fun, but it's still fun and if I don't have fun anymore I will stop playing.
    Currently levelling a tank for funs and a pacifist druid for some new playing experience.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    The first day at a new job is usually quite fun (or atleast, exciting) but everything that is repetitive gets stale after a while.

Here's a nice quote;

Making sure sex is as fun every time as just as hard as making sure that each show is as exciting as the premier.
    The same could be said for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things were a lot less frustrating back then. Now I spend too much time calling people out for mistakes, poor spec'ing and poor gemming/gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Velanis View Post
    Things were a lot less frustrating back then. Now I spend too much time calling people out for mistakes, poor spec'ing and poor gemming/gearing.
    Afaik we're all a little guilty of that =(

Sad times, I used to run around Mulgore like a mental case trying to find silver portrait mobs after I found my first one and consequently felt there must be more, I must hunt them all!!!

Didn't find one...

Deleted
    the old cliché,

I like to play for fun so if I fail from time to time it just happens.

I play to win, the winning itself is fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post
    Because its our job now, apparently
    This.

Back then playing was like a vacation. Every day was different. Every new place was interesting and exciting and mysterious.

Now every day is the same. You know exactly which days you will raid, from 20:00 to 23:00. Every daily quest is identical to the 80000 quests you've done before. You get paid (in loot) since it is after all just another job.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

1-70 in bc back when i started took me about 25 days of play time, i now level 1-85 in about 7-8 days worth of play time. I really do miss those days, what i miss most is probably twinking though. Never had more fun then at level 29 on my twinked out hunter (before BoA of course).

I also miss the days before the LFD system, I met a lot of cool people, and good friends that way.
    Last edited by Valkryion; 2011-04-12 at 02:26 PM.

hey i can still pretend i am a noob on my alts :P, specially on dungeons unless they check my gear but still even with boa gear that doesnt mean im a successful raider lol.
    there are many ways to find again the fun in game , just we need a bit of creativity and interest

Because all people care about are the purplez.