View Poll Results: Whiny threads... annoying?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Yes

14 66.67%
  • Yes

7 33.33%

Angry What is with all the WHINING?

OK, this is getting out of hand...

We don't need anymore "Quit WoW?" threads! You don't want to play any more? Don't. Please don't start a thread looking to validate your decision. PvP imbalances, got you down? Don't PvP! I don't understand why people think PvP has to be "cookie cutter" to be fun. I don't WANT PvP to be perfectly balanced. I play a rogue, I go after clothies and possibly mail wearers. Maybe I try my hand at fighting a Warrior/DK/Paladin, but I expect to lose. PvP should be FUN, not 100% balanced. If you want that, go play HALO/CoD.

Summary: If you want to discuss, that's great—but please don't just bitch about how you want to quit and play another game. There's the door...

Deleted
    But... But... Blizzard hates me!!!

I swear. If you don't believe me, look at frost mages. LOOK.

Halo and Call of Duty are not perfectly balanced; your argument makes no sense at all because of this as well: Counter classes were enforced more and more as BC went on; a Rogue being able to kill Cloth/Leather easier than Mail/Plate is balanced within the counter class system (based upon Rated PvP never being 1v1). A class that counters almost every class (Frost Mage, or Blood DK), or a class that is countered by almost every other class (like a Shaman in BC) is not balanced

This is the WoW community you're talking about, bitching and complaining is in our blood.

And lol Halo and CoD are balanced... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

would you like some cheese with that whine?

isnt this forum whining about whining?

make a new forum that doesnt make you a complete hypocrite.

EDIT: on a side note making forums like this gives me something to troll while procrastinating my physics lab

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are comparing WoW to those two games within balance?

What is this I don't even..

The only way to balance the game is give each class the same spell with a different name, but even then people would complain that the other classes abilities had better names.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    This is the WoW community you're talking about, bitching and complaining is in our blood.

And lol Halo and CoD are balanced... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Ever been shot through a brick wall? It's enjoyable.

I miss the option that says yes

But serious: yes it's rather annoying.

But then again, isn't whining about whining whining?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread really hurt my feelings and I'm really considering quitting over it.

Also, there are a lot of other things that have hurt my itty bitty little feelings.

Quests are fun, but mostly only the first time around as the new "on rails" design requires each zone be done in the exact same order - no choices, skipping, or jumping around. Leveling is also too quick. It took longer to get from level 70 to 75, let alone 80. Even at a leisurely pace, it takes only days to get to 85. Cataclysm raid bosses are split between several raids, but don't be fooled - Naxxramas alone featured more bosses than all Cataclysm raids combined. Cata also has the fewest at-release dungeons of any expansion thus far, profession-related quests which pale in comparison to previous expansions, and few daily hubs.

You get to 85 too quickly, and then there's nothing to do besides the Heroics. They are too long for too little reward. For a mandatory (for progression), daily task for the entire expansion, two hours is an outright chore (and it's often still over an hour in epics). Dailies on multiple chars + raid-prep gear grinds = recipe for boredom. But the biggest problem with heroics is healing.

Universally maligned during the beta, all five specs now have identical playstyles where one spell is spammed ad infinitum. Worse yet, going from greens to epics (and healing groups in epics), the playstyle DOES NOT CHANGE. You cast the same stupid spell even more often, while your other spells remain inefficient to the point of near uselessness. To ensure hour-long queues, Blizzard also targeted the other vital group role which is tanking.

Tank cooldowns are now along the lines of "Reduce damage by 10% for 10 seconds" - you don't even notice you've used a special ability. Skill- and control-based mechanics were replaced by DPS-like rotations, but without the DPS. The changes to tanks and healers were part of a bigger problem which is homogenization and loss of replay value.

If you have one tanking or healing class, you have them all. The differences are superficial, and with few talent and glyph choices, even DPS classes all provide essentially the same experience. Every instance is the same, every character is the same, every day is the same - the game feels like a second job instead of an escape. There was only one thing left to screw up was PVP.

The imbalances are worse than at any point in WoW's history, and that's saying something. Tol Barad is an unmitigated disaster, with mechanics that were so poorly thought-out that it's mind-boggling. The "new" battlegrounds are quick clones of Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin (Battle for Gilneas even displays AB node names at the start of games, to make it clear just how little work was put into it). Rated BGs are regular BGs with 90-minute queues.

Also, they took away mai tree form. They don't give me free loot for being a DPS but instead give it to the tanks. They nerfed *my class here* while buffing *your class here*. The raids are too hard and there is too much bad stuff on the ground all the time. There is no ICC buff that makes me face roll the content and get my super title that makes me extra cool. There are no more portals and now I have to fly around or pay those damn frost mages (who one shot me with their 180k ice lance) for a portal.

TL;DR. /Sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    But... But... Blizzard hates me!!!

I swear. If you don't believe me, look at frost mages. LOOK.

^THIS, this so much...

I love when ppl go on offical forums and hyper ventilate with this argument...

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont understand the poll

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i dont understand the poll
    The first "Yes" means you think whiny threads in general are annoying.
    The second "Yes" means you think whiny threads about other whiny threads are more annoying.
    Needless to say, I chose the second "Yes."

lololol, epic poll, +50 internetz to you

Old news with a rigged poll. This gives me an idea...

I'm going to create a poll asking:

Should I Lock all of These Types of Threads?

1. Yes |>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>| 1000 Votes
    2. No We <3 Them: |>| 0 Votes

The masses have spoken.

<Locked>