Cant make a Magmaw focus macro?

Hi...
    I'm having problems with making a /tar macro for Magmaw. I;ve tried 2 different ones, but neither work. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I correct it? Below are the two macros i made. the only difference is that one is capitalized:

#1:
    /tar Magmaw

#2:
    /tar magmaw

Is this a glitch? I can make a /tar macro for the exposed head, but not for Magmaw itself. Can anyone help? I also have this problems with Theralion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the Exposed Head macro works, then make Magmaw your focus and maybe a focus taunt macro of some sort. If at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    If the Exposed Head macro works, then make Magmaw your focus and maybe a focus taunt macro of some sort. If at all possible.
    I;ve tried making Magmaw my focus target, but he becomes unfocused when the exposed head comes out...so I'm trying to figure out a solution so that I can /tar magmaw when the exposed hhead goes away and Magmaw comes back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a macro similar to yours that I use when I tank him and it works fine; I added in /cast Taunt and /cast Heroic Throw .
    When he comes off the spike he likes to smack a random melee person because the head and the body seem to have different aggro tables.
    I heard they were fixing it. Anyway on your topic.

The only thing I could add to help really is that when he comes off the spike there's about 0.5 - 1 second where the Exposed Head of Magmaw switches back to Magmaw himself. Just hit the macro a couple times rapid fire as he comes off and your target will switch over to Magmaw himself. If you're using simply /tar Magmaw it should work both ways to switch back and forth between the body and exposed head phases.
    Last edited by istrain; 2011-04-12 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    I have a macro similar to yours that I use when I tank him and it works fine; I added in /cast Taunt and /cast Heroic Throw .
    When he comes off the spike he likes to smack a random melee person because the head and the body seem to have different aggro tables.
    I heard they were fixing it. Anyway on your topic.

The only thing I could add to help really is that when he comes off the spike there's about 0.5 - 1 second where the Exposed Head of Magmaw switches back to Magmaw himself. Just hit the macro a couple times rapid fire as he comes off and your target will switch over to Magmaw himself. If you're using simply /tar Magmaw it should work both ways to switch back and forth between the body and exposed head phases.
    Its weird that my macro isn't working. I've used it immediately when the exposed head went away, but I've also tried using it like 2 seconds after Magmaw come sback and it still didn't work. Maybe it was a glitch that could've been fixed by reloading my UI. I'll be able to test it again tonight.

Deleted
    Try:
    Code:
    /tar boss1

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Try:
    Code:
    /tar boss1
    I'll test this one out tonight...thanks!