Have the servers come back up? Is there a patch download I should start remotely?

I'd like to get any downloading started while I'm at work, rather than waiting to get home and have the background swarm downloader eating all my bits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    I'd like to get any downloading started while I'm at work, rather than waiting to get home and have the background swarm downloader eating all my bits.
    No. No patch and no, they're not up yet.

Icenine - Show me where on that page I get to see if a patch starts downloading today? Pack of smokes in it for you.

patch is not for several weeks...if you would read the front page you would not have to make a useless thread.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Icenine - Show me where on that page I get to see if a patch starts downloading today? Pack of smokes in it for you.
    Highly tempting offer, however I roll my own now to save a lot of money -- premade smokes taste funny now.

However, back on topic, you asked two questions, I answered one of them. And knowing that we're going into a major patch in the upcoming weeks, we're not going to be sitting on another massive unanounced patch prior to it. If there's anything to download before now and 4.1, it's going to be minimal.
    Last edited by Icenine; 2011-04-12 at 04:41 PM. Reason: English is the devil.

Patch going live isn't for a couple weeks, the downloads always start 2 weeks prior to patch drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3816 View Post
    patch is not for several weeks...if you would read the front page you would not have to make a useless thread.
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the background downloader, not the actual patch.

servers are down....patch isnt for a few weeks

Patch going live isn't for a couple weeks, the downloads always start 2 weeks prior to patch drop.
    i have no idea where you have been getting your information but this is about 99.9% incorrect. the patch won't drop until the day it's released. (or be able to be downloaded thru the updater).

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3816 View Post
    Trolling necassary? really? He asked a question, which was a simple answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heis View Post
    i have no idea where you have been getting your information but this is about 99.9% incorrect. the patch won't drop until the day it's released. (or be able to be downloaded thru the updater).
    Quite often they allow most of it to be downloaded a few weeks prior to the actual release, in order to relieve stress on the servers on the release day.

It's called the background downloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Heis View Post
    Are you drunk? Content patches always download early.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment nothing is downloading so arguing about it is pointless. No patch this week, nothing to download, servers are still down until 11am PDT