Planetside next?

Can I have an update on it please unless what I have is current?

From what I know last thing I heard was that they sent out emails to people about it. I cant recall what the emails said as I didnt get one =(

I tried googling and I got this above

Can someone please update me on what they're doing with this or will this new eve online be the new planetside?

10+ Year Old Account
    Planetside is going to be an FPS that runs alongside the EVE world. Like on the planets

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Planetside is going to be an FPS that runs alongside the EVE world. Like on the planets
    I already know about planetside I played it for 3 1/2 years until it merged servers to the point where it wasnt acceptable in my own opinion.

It's coming out sometime this year. SOE recently did mass layoffs across their various studios, citing that they are going to focus on Planetside Next and the new Everquest game. So they are more into developing it now than ever.

PlanetSide in its peak is still the most fun I have ever had in any video game ever.

Ahh yes. Planetside.

Where else can you headshot someone with a sniper rifle and have them shrug it off like nothing happened... Or unload a reaver's rockets into some guy just standing there and it takes half a dozen MISSILES TO THE FACE to kill him. And who could forget the fact infiltration suits were completely worthless because anyone above level 6 used a darklight vision implant which nullified stealth?

Their ideas of balance were pretty silly and that is largely why it's playerbase completely died out.

Also considering there were only a small handful of base types, and each base of the same type had the exact same layout, it made you feel like you were fighting on the same maps over and over and over. The only real variety you ever got was fighting outside of the bases out in the jungles or mountains, but doing so was bad strategy because it's the equivalent of choosing to fight in the middle of a battleground instead of at key points like on the flags/banners. They killed themselves with their game design. They made the only viable strategies not fun.

Then of course their very first expansion ruined the real uniqueness between each faction giving vanu-like weaponry to all 3 factions. Ugh.

Planetside was pretty fun in beta, but by the time it came out, and quickly after, it became rubbish quick.

Only thing I did like was the firing cones on the weapons which made aimbots (which a lot of people will ALWAYS, ALWAYS use in FPS games) a lot less effective. I could have even tolerated the sniper rifles' horribly slow-to-shrink firing cones if they actually KILLED people they hit. If you hit someone at full health, they wouldn't even die, it was silly.

Oh and don't get me started on the giant robot mech things they added... Those things were so out of place and just did not belong in the game. They turned a tank/aircraft/soldier game into mech warrior and it got real stupid real fast.

I honestly think that a game like this doesnt die to balancing. Yeah sure all mmo's need to be balanced somehow or else people will stack it in any type of mmo and it will become over powered and to some point un-counterable. But to this point an fps it can be balanced to a point then its time to stop balancing it because then your starting to make a game like wow. You cant balance combat in the military field. I mean you can upgrade say how thick a tanks armor is or what type of material its made of, or how big & painful an explosion of a bomb or a missle is. But to some point its just you cant balance it before it becomes a game like I just said wow

Planetside was great but I think the graphics just killed it and the console market became over popular for fps's. I havent played that MAG game but I heard it kicked off bad but from what I hear from a few friends its pretty epic & successful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    No, Planetside is by SOE, and Eve is by CCP. They are unrelated. What you are thinking of is Dust 514, which will run alongside Eve.
    "I can't take HIS money... I can't print MY OWN money... I have to work for money, why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson

Steam: Zolgar
    360: Thumbtack Jayk