Deleted

Holy or Disc heling 5 men

I recently geared up my alt priest as shadow and I want to try out healing again. I did not healed on the priest from the time he was in Ulduar so long time ago. Now my question is what is best to start out healing in heroics: Disc or Holy?
    My gear is decendly with almost all heroic loots and two epic rep items (Ilvl 346 full enchanted etc).

Deleted
    both are perfectly fine for 5mans in my opinion.

It realy depends on what you yourself find most comfortable. i just prefer disc over holy for the overal feel of gameplay, so thats what i play.

Deleted
    Well, both are great for 5 man groups speciall if u r newly dinged ...

On my alt priest I go Disc for shields and TBH I am comfortable with it.

Holy got the speedy shield and the SoR if u r gonna spec it of course, also you got the lightwell.

So basically just figure out which spells are COOLER in your own eyes and go for it ^^

imo check both and stay with the one thats more fun for you.

make sure you have enough spirit on your shadow gear tho, otherwise the whole healing experience will be tainted with millions of mana breaks

Deleted
    Given your gear level, and my own personal preferences.... I find that Disc is ideally suited to 5 man healing. Disc doesn't have amazing AOE healing capabilities, but what is there (prayer of healing, etc.) is more than enough to top the party back up to full health after an AOE blitz, and in the mean time you can cruise through the rest of the dungeon by focusing on the tank. Another nice aspect of Disc is the cooldowns (Pain Supression, Power Infusion, etc.) which are almost always ready to use when you want them. Mana wize, Disc seems to shine as well (although my experience with Holy is limited so take all this advice with a grain of salt)... Also, it's fun to dps during the dungeon (Atonement and Arch Angel) which you can often do because at this point heroics are rarely challenging.

In the end, try both and suit yourself, but in my opinion Disc is the shizzzz!

Deleted
    Go with whichever you find suits your playstyle. Both are great for 5man,10man and 25man. Its a completely personal choice.

Ps
    go holy

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can definitely get through all dungeon content with any spec. however, considering PuGs and all that, have in mind Holy provides you with Guardian spirit and Lightwell. Yeah, Lightwell. It is still hard for most players to click it and have some sense of responsibility of their own survivability.

Disc in the other hand gives you Power Infusion, Pain Sup, and a barrier. All three are less interactive than Lightwell, and therefore, better for this PuG environment, imo.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no best, there is just different. I prefer the disc playstyle, but holy works just as well.
    Just play what you like rather than asking 'whats the best'. If there really was a 'the best', everyone would be that spec right?

Deleted
    I've lelleved a priest as disc since level 10. Tried out holy at level 85 a few times (my offspec), but I honestly prefer disc. It feels comfortable to me, and is enjoyable.

Deleted
    I think it depends on dungeon / boss that you are already doing I prefer Holy for Cataclysm.

I prefer Disc because 5-mans don't require a lot of AoE healing. It's mostly 1 person (dps) who pulled too much aggro and needs some insta saving, and it's convenient to be able to pop out a 27k+ bubble on them.

As for Atonement, I do believe that Smite/Atonement double dips on Luck of the Draw buff (Smite damage increases by 5% per stack which would increase Atonement. Then Atonement healing itself would increase by another 5% per stack). This makes Atonement easily viable in most 5-mans unless you have to dish out some AoE healing.