Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

21st Birthday...Advice?

So I'm going to be a 21 year-old college student, you know what that means. I'm the first of my friends to turn 21, and they are all pushing me to do the 21 shots. To be honest, I don't really want to, but of course they would feel like a wimp if I don't try. I don't drink a lot of hard alcohol, mostly just beer. They are throwing me a party at their house and buying all the alcohol.

My problem is I want to be able to remember my birthday, so I will start the shots as soon as possible. I thinking I can knock out like 8 the night before my party and finish the rest over the course of the next day, maybe like 1-2 an hour. I want to be sober enough so that I can function normally at my party, but drunk enough so that I have a great time. I will probably need to get some lower proof stuff, but obviously I can't get anything super "girly" for fear of being made fun of for drinking it.

Any suggestions on how I should go about the shots or what to drink?

I know this is a stupid, please don't flame me and say that I am retarded for attempting this.

EDIT: I'm about 6'0 and 170 pounds, if that gives you an idea of how I can hold my alcohol.

You're stupid if you do it. Just saying.

I just read your last sentence, oops. Still stupid if you do it. So you know, don't do it. Unless you like possibly dying.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to do the shots, don't do it. Simple as that.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Don't drink bad alcohol like the majority of all the other college kids, have them fork over some money for some high-quality draft or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    You're stupid if you do it. Just saying.

I just read your last sentence, oops. Still stupid if you do it. So you know, don't do it. Unless you like possibly dying.
    Basically this. Sounds like you're going to spread it out, which is smarter, but still not a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

Especially if you don't drink hard liquor, going from 0 to a whole bunch in a day is probably not a great idea, so just...don't do it. Have a couple if you want, but I'm tired of this bullcrap about having to drink a ton because you turn 21.

Deleted
    21 shots isn't THAT much if you don't drink anything else at all, problem is I'm sure you will be, so good luck

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Especially if you don't drink hard liquor, going from 0 to a whole bunch in a day is probably not a great idea, so just...don't do it. Have a couple if you want, but I'm tired of this bullcrap about having to drink a ton because you turn 21.
    I think I had like 3 beers, when I turned 19. Becoming the legal drinking age takes all the fun out of it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    If you don't want to do the shots, don't do it. Simple as that.
    This. No one is forcing you to drink them. Have 5 or 6. Get a good buzz and have a good time. You don't need to over-do things.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    21 shots isn't THAT much if you don't drink anything else at all, problem is I'm sure you will be, so good luck
    If your tollerance for alcohol isn't high you'll be on the floor. Not a fun way to spend a birthday.

Not a good idea? Well, maybe for the person doing it. It's endless fun for that person's roommates. My first roomate did shots and drank an assload of wine for his first time ever one night. I gotta say, I had the time of my life watching just how miserable he was for a few days afterward.

im not very big and i can easily hold 10, without even gettin drunk... havent tried 21 yet since... well i dont wanna spend mah money!

But if u WANT to do it and stil remember the b-day, drink some milk - take the shots - /brofist - go puke - brush teeth - party on

Personally I say skip the 21 Shots and have some drinks you will enjoy.

Margarita's, Long Island Ice Teas are a couple of my favs.

I figure if I do 8 the night before (throughout the night, obviously not straight up at the same time) I will try and drink plenty of water in between and eat. I also run twice a day on the weekdays, maybe I can sweat some it out, that is if I attempt to run that day. I read that your body losses about 1 drink per hour, so maybe I'll be ok if I spread it out the way I describe.

Also I don't want people to stereotype me from this post haha. I'm a good student at the university in my picture.
    Last edited by verhoef3; 2011-04-13 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    You can still have fun without drinking 21 shots. Just saying.

It's your bday and you do w/e you feel like doing.

When I popped 21, I was a pretty active college drinker and I was about 230 lbs at the time. I didn't come close to 21 shots before "cashing in". Seriously, I am all for a good time and I plan on getting ripped this weekend on vacation but people die every day because of 21st birthdays. You need to have a close friend (preferably relative you have known for 5+ years) monitoring you. People can get out of control on bar tours and feed you too many, too fast.

Personally, I wouldn't do more than 12. If your friends want to fuck with you, tell them to give you nasty shots like the 4 wise men (god that shot sucks so bad).
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Last time i heard about the good ole "Do 21 shots cause you turned 21" The kid ended up dying, just saying. Tell your friends you don't like hard booze and drink beer, more so if you want to remember your birthday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

If your tollerance for alcohol isn't high you'll be on the floor. Not a fun way to spend a birthday.
    mmm fair point, I'm British so only just thought about what the significance of hitting 21 might be in America

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    21 shots is alot of alchohol. You will probably puke and pass out only after you make a jackass of yourself. But your friends will have a good laugh at your expense. See ya on Tosh.o pukeing.
    Operation Red Wing

Two kids in my community died from trying to do the "power hour" a couple years back. Really not worth it to throw your entire life away because your buddies think it's funny. Have fun, get drunk, but be safe about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont drink at all
    and always have fun
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon